Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changed my mind, Game looks like it will be released

In the past I was a bit skeptical about the game being released, but following it along lately and its getting more polished as I speak. Its even won a few awards and the graphics have moved up another level entirely. Its definently comparable to any newgen graphics now. Has anyone else here been following up on it and what are your thoughts.

Comments

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

I think the game is gonna be a lot of fun and will probably get a very strong following.

It's the only MMO I'm looking forward to.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I haven't been following the game much but if it has positive feedback after release i will check it out. I love the pirate theme in general, so if the game is exciting and fun count me in!

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• ben_71ben_71 Member Posts: 9

I thought the game was vaporware when I first came upon it a couple years ago. After just seeing these screenshots with all the characters and polished graphics it looks like it is really pulling togther now. I hope it's as fun as it looks. Sadly that is always the hardest part and I still am wary of that.

The key to a great MMOG is Freedom

• zanglerzangler Member Posts: 11
    i have been following it for some time, and i know what you mean...at first it seemed like such a small project...first avatars...then no avatars...now avatars again...but i must say they have REALLY stepped it up. i am looking forward to this game over any other MMO right now.
  • squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Welcome to the side of the good and just my friends, welcome.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Even as recently as E3, I was questioning their release dates. (Winter = Dec-March... not Dec.31 like it says on this site).

But they've really started to pull things together in the last few months. It's a really good vibe coming from FLS these days. They know it too.

From Rusty's devlog on this site:

"In short, this is the first complete version of the game. There are still more features that are going into the next milestone (the strategic RvR/PvP game), but this is the first time the game feels complete.

As such, we’re going to start our alpha testing program at the end of this milestone, which means the beginning of September. The alpha program will start small, and focus on mission/combat testing. As we get comfortable with that, we’ll start adding more people, and Alpha will gently segue into Beta. While we plan on keeping the testing program closed, we will occasionally have open beta weekends where everyone is welcome to play."

The game's ready to test, and that just rocks!! With a good beta test, I could be sailing on the Carribbean next summer. ::::01::

• NafunieruNafunieru Member UncommonPosts: 152
    This game looks like a break from the ordinary mmos and I have high hopes for it. EVE Online got a lot of praises and has a strong following, although I'm not a big space junky so I haven't played it, but I think this game will bring a lot of pirate fans (including myself). I hope that Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean mmo won't steal away fans, although I believe that one will be catered towards a younger audience. Anyway, I am really interested in trying this game out.
  • nubbinsnubbins Member Posts: 245
    ive been looking forwrad to this game for awhile ever since WoP went retail image

God among men

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

- Christopher Walken
  • firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Nafunieru
    This game looks like a break from the ordinary mmos and I have high hopes for it. EVE Online got a lot of praises and has a strong following, although I'm not a big space junky so I haven't played it, but I think this game will bring a lot of pirate fans (including myself). I hope that Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean mmo won't steal away fans, although I believe that one will be catered towards a younger audience. Anyway, I am really interested in trying this game out.

Yeah, the kids can play Caribbean while the adults play Burning Sea. It couldn't be more perfect... *sigh* ::::20::

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

hehe
    I had thought it was vaproware too, for the longest time. Its lookin' pretty slick, I'll keep an eye on it to see how it turns out.

And that Yacht looks like Popeyes boat. Cant find a pic of the one I'm talking about though.

• misiu_dkmisiu_dk Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I've been looking forward to this game for years, and now it seems to go live end this year, beginning next year. What a x-mas gift! image

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

"Winter".... release date is NOT Dec. 31. Just FYI.

• ManovarManovar Member Posts: 12
    Ive entered mmo's quite recently about 2 years ago.... since ten ive been beta testing nearly every single mo out... now i am mostly looking forward to POTBS, but therte are still some projects that excite me... like GTA online:) Ive been looking for the news on this game for like half a year and i think i would love to play it for a while... so i guess i changed my mind on this game  as well
  • HauntFoxHauntFox Member Posts: 2
    Of the top 6 most hyped games on here, PotBS is the only non-fantasy one. So it is the most anticipated non-fantasy game. That means something to me, cause I don't play fantasy games. image
  • BigQEdBigQEd Member Posts: 44
    Looking good. image
  • bigfirebigfire Member Posts: 6

I'm a big fan of Master and Commander, so I'm dying to take to the high seas and unload a broadside into a frenchie!

• Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by firemagic

Yeah, the kids can play Caribbean while the adults play Burning Sea. It couldn't be more perfect... *sigh* ::::20::

Well said! I couldn't agree more.
  • Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52
    *MIS-POST*
  • etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

EVE has a strong following because of the insanely indepth marketplace and huge area of exploration, plus the ability to mod your ship to virtually no end. They did all these things right. What makes people leave is the sometimes slow and repetitive nature of the gameplay, and lack of avatars.

...if PotBS can build and maintain a rich market, widely customizable ships, and introduce avatar play on top of all this - they will have a winner.

• MethisMethis Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by firemagic

There is a god.... And he must like piates.