Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter Campaign.

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

If anyones interested  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darksolstice/dark-solstice-25d-multiplayer-online-rpg.

Just thought I would share as I received the e-mail this morning.

Comments

• DSTerraformerDSTerraformer Member Posts: 7

Thanks for the post Shari!

• thatkenguythatkenguy Member Posts: 58

I can't help wondering if you were Sherri the greeter from back in the early days of DS :)

We've added the Lifetime Subscription to our Kickstarter rewards! Stop by our website for more details!

http://www.darksolstice.com 

In order to hopefully encourage people to sign up and pledge on Kickstarter, we're offering 100 lifetime subscriptions for $50!

We need your help to produce Dark Solstice, and we're down to 25 days in just a few hours. Spread the word!

This is an all or nothing pledge drive. If we do not reach our goal in the next 25 days you are not charged. There's only 25 days left to reach our goal, hurry time is limited. Lifetime subscriptions will never be offered at this price again.

A new reward has been added at the $70 level.

Pledge $70 or more and obtain:

The Divine Intervention Chest - From time to time this chest will appear in your home, filled with gifts from the gods. Gifts range from rare weapons and armor, to hard to find jewelry. This chest can also contain rare supplies or extremely rare artifacts that are needed to find and unlock the GENESIS. Items spawned are at random and based off the treasure pool connected to this chest.

Also includes rewards from previous categories.

We've also lowered our $1,500 pledge reward to $1,000.

Hopefully we can drum up some backers soon, the counter seems to be moving too fast. :-o
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darksolstice/dark-solstice-25d-multiplayer-online-rpg

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

After having been selected for a 2nd beta that never materialized back in what, 2007?, and NOTHING for the last 5 years, I have little faith that this kickstarter attempt is anything other than a scam. Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

I'm sorry you feel that it's a scam.  I've always said that if something doesn't feel legit, then don't take part.   I can sit here and tell you all day that it's not, but if you honestly feel that way then there's little I can say to change your mind.  

We've posted and explained why we've been in development for so long, but all of that is coming to an end.  We can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm sure you noticed the delivery dates on the rewards that you get for pledging in our Kickstarter drive, new players will be entering the game no later than August.  

Chris 

I was going to say something then I read his sig.  Now I don't see the point.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I'm still excited! You've gotta have hope for a game like this to come around and give us something better than Gear Grinding.

• JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202

Hello,

You know,  if you really wanted something like this to work, you should try to get in contact with some official MMORPG.com team members that can validate your compain and give some credit to your endeavor. At the very least, some official news updates with media outlets such as MMORPG.com wouldn't hurt your development efforts.

The information here is out of date all right and the developers know that and wish to update it.  An effort was made on this but I do not know where it is at right now.

You can get the up to date information at their main web-site http://www.darksolstice.com/

They are making some big decisions right now, so once that is done I suspect we should start to see some more updates.