Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aliens versus predator the MMORPG

i've been thinking of this for a while and since aleins versus predator the movie was so disappointing i think they should make it up by releasing a new game, an MMORPG version

think about it, it could work

predator-start as a nugun and work your way up with trophies and such and make your own clans

Aliens-start off as a face hugger and find a wild animal to impregnate and work your way up hunting animals to eventually hunting humans and preds

Humans-start as a grunt and work your way up the hunting ladder

sure it still needs ideas and its just a thought
but i think it could work and its a damn cool idea

any comments?!?!

ChrisX

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Agreed, AvP was a train wrek. If a game was developed around the Dark Horse comics story-lines. it might work.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Playing this charcater would be pretty coolimage

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

There was an MMORPG on AOL on the Marines vs. Aliens type game (I can't recall the name, but it was on them since there was drones and queens for the aliens) really crappy graphics but from what I heard it was fun.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I would love to play an MMORPG based on AvP. Also, this should be in the development section.

Looks like there's a new aliens game (was trying to find the AOL game but obviously it's been pulled off the list since it is most likely over 10 years old) http://games.channel.aol.com/gallery.adp?gameID=4832

oh wait, nm, it was canned in 2001 >_>

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271

Originally posted by NidXen
    Aliens-start off as a face hugger and find a wild animal to impregnate and work your way up hunting animals to eventually hunting humans and preds

But Alien's take the general shape of the animal they burst from, Human Aliens can walk on two legs, and in Alien III there was the Alien that was a dog, so you would have to start off by searching for something to face-hug, not just a wild animal.

Two Words

Pred-Alien

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Ummm Oh boy! Yes! That's exactly what we friggin' need!

An Alien vs Predator mmo.

Oh boy. I can hardly contain myself thinking about this one as you describe!

Another uninspired mmo game with "WOW" three whole races... aliens, predators, and humans to choose from! You walk around and see 45,000 clones of whatever your avatar looks like!

Another POS game further deviating the whole meaning of an mmorpg from what it actually is.

But you're right. It would probably sell well. AvP was one of the stupidest damn movies I've ever seen and it sold a ton of copies.

Just my personal opinion man. I am anticipating the AvP mmo right after my highly anticipated "Barbie vs Bratz" mmo!

::::28::

- Zaxx

• weeicolsweeicols Member Posts: 105

the movie wanst THAT bad but a mmorpg would be cool and it would probobly have open pvp :)

W€€|©ØL$

• MarkXMarkX Member Posts: 1

AvP the original game was the best, played on MPlayer.com

Man thats old school, and hours of fun.  Freaks the hell out of me to this day.  Marine mode that is.

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Zhanghia

There was an MMORPG on AOL on the Marines vs. Aliens type game (I can't recall the name, but it was on them since there was drones and queens for the aliens) really crappy graphics but from what I heard it was fun.

You're thinking of the game "Aliens Online" which was on the Gamestorm network which is now defunct. It was an FPS with a ranking system based upon points earned where you could play as an alien or a marine and teamwork was essential. The graphics were weak even for the time but the gameplay more then made up for it.

It would be nice to see something like this again other than planetside or ww2ol.

• juice_popsjuice_pops Member UncommonPosts: 70

you would have to make max in teams though, like a ratio, 10marines:20aliens:5predaters otherwise preds would just murder. by the ratio i mean there could be 50marines:100aliens:25predaters, and so on and so on, but it would be too hard too make as a mmog.

None the less it would be a very good game.::::28::

Blorg

• SONOFAGUNNSONOFAGUNN Member Posts: 414

That would be a balance nightmare!

How do you balance a predator against a Alien.... Aliens main asset when fighting predators was numbers and stealth. The Marines would be a cross between the two other species combining some technology with slightly more numbers.

If they stay with DARK HORSE it would be nice, but overall I think it just would not work.

Witty saying to amuse you goes here.

In the game, there was only one predator, like 5 aliens and unlimited marines. IIRC anyway.