Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Likes EARTH AND BEYOND BETTER THEN THIS GAME"POLL"

Zero7772Zero7772 Member Posts: 5

All These games are trying to be like Earth ANd Beyond. Earth and
Beyond was the best sci-fi space glaxie game out there.I loved it. anybody think its better then this pice of junk.

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Piece of junk...lol. Thanks for telling the majority of the people that visit this particular forum that they are playing a "piece of junk". I'm sure you will get the poll results you're looking for ::::35::.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• Godless_OneGodless_One Member Posts: 25

I doubt you'll get any votes against EVE here. Especially since this is the EVE forum.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Well it's not better or it wouldn't have been canceled!

They are only similar in the setting

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• slakslak Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Zero7772
    Beyond was the best sci-fi space glaxie game out there.I loved it. anybody think its better then this pice of junk.

And all the fantasy RPGs are copying Everquest, get used to it and go to bed.

• TurixTurix Member Posts: 3

Look.

EvE is a differant type of Sci-Fi MMO than EnB.

I liked EnB cant deny that but honestly. EnB was alot like WoW a game for ppl who want to point and click without any thought and skill.

I like EvE alot more it requres skill. The most indepth game iv ever played.

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

Point me to these games, I want to play them!

I loved Earth and Beyond, a lot better than I ever will Eve. But I won't vote in your poll because in no way does Eve try to be Earth and Beyond. Earth and Beyond was more of an action arcade type of game. Eve is much more along the lines of a simulation (though it's certainly not one). The best way to describe the two is that EnB was like checkers while Eve is more like chess.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Ah, heres one of those the steep learning curve of Eve weeded out.

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

Hmm left E&B for the EVE beta so I guess..

1. E&B sucked.
    2. Your asking the wrong guy.

(nuff with E&B necrophilia plz!)

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Hate to break this to you but E&B and EVE were released within months of each other. Neither game copied off of the other. Furthermore, Darkspace was out before them and Jumpgate, SWG: JTL are a totally different style.

Please name another space game that's coming out that's "Copying" EVE and E&B? I can't think of any other than that wannabe E&B clone that is currently to be considred V A P O R W A R E considering they barely even have concept art for it.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• RabbidFerretRabbidFerret Member Posts: 92

I've played both for over a year and sorry, but to anyone who knows what a good MMORPGis and should be, knows that eve kicks EnB in the balls.

Also, Eve is still alive and coming out with new things everytime you turn around. It has story lines that have a point. Not like the V'Rix and "Oh they are sort of invading us but not really. They are attacking our pilots but we're not going to do anything about it YET"

Where is Enb? Whats the word im looking for....uhhh.....oh yea, dead.

2nB3SD21D,L3V2W3TH3T. Brush up on your V'Rix there.

[quote]Originally posted by RabbidFerret
    It has story lines that have a point. [/b][/quote]

Sorry but that's a joke. The storylines in Eve are laughable. 99% of the "storyline" missions are absent of the storyline and have no point or effect at all. Right now the big part of the game is a "cold war". Of course there is nothing anywhere to tell how it became a cold war or why it's a cold war. In game the only changes were a few gate changes.

Eve has a lot of good aspects. Storylines, npcs, and missions are not in those good parts.

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207
    I dont think either games are alike. E&B was fun getting in groups and going to kill stuff but it was lacking alot of content, maybe E&B 2 will be better :). Eve to me is like a long term type of game, you cant just sign in and say lfg and go have fun killing stuff.
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Isn't EnB dead? Non existant? Something that doesn't exist can't be better than anything.

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Here's a better question:

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

<quote> .... Right now the big part of the game is a "cold war". Of course there is nothing anywhere to tell how it became a cold war or why it's a cold war. ..... <quote>

*hint* The assassination of the Amarr Emperor could be the cause? maybe? */hint*

Don't confuse storyline missions (which are not related directly to the story arc of EVE, despite their name) with the general storyline of EVE. And as far as "effecting the game" goes, I have seen no other MMMORPG that features the names of players and storyline events players took part in, as in-game news.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

Originally posted by sleepyguyftl

[quote]Originally posted by RabbidFerret
    It has story lines that have a point. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry but that's a joke. The storylines in Eve are laughable. 99% of the "storyline" missions are absent of the storyline and have no point or effect at all. Right now the big part of the game is a "cold war". Of course there is nothing anywhere to tell how it became a cold war or why it's a cold war. In game the only changes were a few gate changes.
    Eve has a lot of good aspects. Storylines, npcs, and missions are not in those good parts.

I guess you are referring to a dev written storyline. And, true, that one is not of much impact or interest for the general EVE player. Why is that? EVE contains many, many parallel stroylines. All truly affecting players - they are, namely, created by players.

One could write a quite long history guide to what have been happening in EVE since release. The dev created stroy arcs would hardly be mentioned. But the player history would sure be an entertaining reading. Cause it is alive and it matters! Why are you so obsessed with a dev-written story arc? To quote your sig: 

"Someday a MMO will come out where the story matters. Until that day, I will be in Earth and Beyond withdrawal."

There all ready is one. Go make our own history.

When in doubt, troll.

• BlushWoundBlushWound Member Posts: 10
    E&B closed for a reason while EVE didn't :)
  • MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

EnB sucked and that's why it's dead, closed, gone and forgotten.

If you didn't play EVE instead of EnB go sign up for the Rose Online BETA or play The Sims as they have chars you can walk around too without any meaning.

• SajuukaSajuuka Member Posts: 3
    EnB? Peaple still play that? If you had ever played EVE, you won't ask that.

Originally posted by BlushWound
    E&B closed for a reason while EVE didn't :)

Yeah, that reason being the company that operated it. EnB was shut down because EA was running it. The ONLY reason why EVE is still around is because CCP took back the game and marketing from Simon and Schuster and ran things themselves with less subscriber expectations. If CCP was taken over by EA and Eve launched by EA, the game also would of been shut down after 2 years. People seem to fogert that EnB had 25,000 or so subscriptions when it was shut down. That's more than some MMO's out there now.

Originally posted by Artean
    Go make our own history.

I hate when people say this. All it amounts to is an excuse for letting the people who run the game off the hook when it comes to creating storyline content. The worlds of MMO's are not only populated by players. There are also NPC's. In no way should the only events happening in game be the result of player actions. If that is the case then take all of the NPC's out as they have no point.

• Enslaver2k3Enslaver2k3 Member Posts: 8

To put it simply, E&B died the moment EVE was released.

Whilst E&B was good in its own way, it was surpassed in pretty much every way by EVE.

Also, remember that in E&B, the players couldn't permanently affect anything.

• RedfootRedfoot Member Posts: 36

lol, the original poster needs to get a clue. E&B was a terrible grind game, with zero PvP and grind grind grind all day long. In a very small area.

EVE is 40 times bigger than E&B, has OPTIONAL grind (You can grind asteroids/NPC's if thats your thing, but nobody forces you to) and one of the best PvP systems out there. EVE is just bigger and better on every front, light years ahead of E&B and they didn't pull the plug on Earth and Beyawn for nothing you know.

[quote]Originally posted by Redfoot
    EVE is 40 times bigger than E&B, has OPTIONAL grind (You can grind asteroids/NPC's if thats your thing, but nobody forces you to) and one of the best PvP systems out there. EVE is just bigger and better on every front, light years ahead of E&B and they didn't pull the plug on Earth and Beyawn for nothing you know.[/b][/quote]

Eve is probably more than 40 x's larger. Of course 99% of that larger space is filled with nothing but generic planets. In terms of sector design and variety in environments Earth and Beyond not only walked all over Eve, but kicked it as it was passing by. Seriously what's the point of having all that extra space if there is nothing in it to see?

As for grind, I'm sorry Eve does have a grind. It's just not for experience points, it's for isk. In order to get anything in the game you need substantial amount of money.

And again EnB got the plug pulled because it was run by EA and they wanted WoW type numbers. Upon it's closing it had around 25,000 active accounts. There are many MMO's that have less than that. If Eve were being run by EA it also would of been shut down.

• mechwarriormechwarrior Member Posts: 241

wow, I litteraly thought I was the only one who gave a damn about enb and its tragic end.

ENB FOREVER!!!!!!!

Nothing against eve. I can see how the heavy player interaction would attract some players.

Its just not fun for me, and for alot of people who play it, I dont think its "fun" for them either.

Don't get me wrong I think eve players ENJOY their time on eve but I don't think they had fun.

Thats what Enb was, fun.

Also it may be argued that enb was a massivley multiplayer online single player game.

I dont care, I love enb....

Fight the power.....