Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Youtube Gameplay Channel (UPDATED)

Ahoyhoy!

I recently started my first YouTube channel and would love to get some feedback!! XD

My channel is based on gameplay, more specifically F2P...

Over the past few weeks I have been spending a few hours a day doing research and.. things related, In order to improve my channel.

I personaly believe I have mae a huge improvment, Having a full template for the videos, and created all background for whatever is needed !

-----

YouTube - www.youtube.com/F5Minutes

Twitter - www.twitter.com/First5minutes

Facebook - www.facebook.com/F5Minutes

-----

Feedback is currently my main source of improvement!

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I really like your idea actually. Honestly you are probably going to need to spend a little money to make it any good... in other words you'll need to start buying some games and paying for some subscriptions of games people will actually recognize. Star Trek Online and Lord of the Rings Online are a couple of completely free ones that are more mainstream if you want to start cheaply however. 

My only feedback would be to keep doing what you are doing by not providing any sort of narration or music that is not actually part of the gameplay.

• F5MinutesF5Minutes Member Posts: 59

Hey thanks for the feedback :)

I have currently had an unknown drop in quality with my recording (Fraps) and encoding (Sony Vegas)   :/

The quality is.. how can i put it... Ba Ba now lol

If anyone here uploads vids to youtube using fraps and sony vegas, sharing your setting would be VERY much appreciated.

All the help videos on youtube seem to lead me to the settings im using atm :(

Thanks again

• DablmDablm Member Posts: 8
    I used fraps for all of my previous gaming videos but it does bring down the overall performance. You videos will come out a lot better if you invest into a pvr and just record from there.

Interesting.. i never thought of recording the monitor feed lol :P

And i dont seem to lose quality when using fraps, just when i encode/edit the raw footage :(

I realised what i did wrong before tho lol

Didnt set the render quality to BEST, left it on good by accident lol

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Way top go on creating a good idea for your youtube channel.

I watched a couple of your videos and was impressed :)

Thanks xD
    Theres a bunch more now, pity i cant get the views i want lol, the whole markets taken up by mmohut lol

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Originally posted by F5Minutes

Thanks xD

Theres a bunch more now, pity i cant get the views i want lol, the whole markets taken up by mmohut lol

If you havent already, consider making a Facebook or Twitter channel to keep an update record of your videos, that should attract some attention.

• atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33
    meh
    I recently perfected my uploaded video quality while producing a small file size xD

and thanks for all the advice everyone, even the 'meh'.. Loverly bit of helpful spam lol

Ok, sorting out afew new ideas for my videos, third party commentary is a possability lol.. Whih should be fun to sort out...
    Also afew video effects/addons, nothing to change the 100% unedited footage I have been trying to achieve so far xD

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone.

Ok..channels been totaly updated, with new theme on videos and stuff..

Feedback please :D

OK!!

Spent a couple of hours over the past 2 weeks...

Think I have arrived in a good place for my channel, any thoughts??

This discussion has been closed.