Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you're trying to re-install/re-activate account

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Some people have trouble with re-installing and re-activating. Well I just went through it so just in case you didn't know...

You don't have to buy a new version of FFXI at all. Simply install the game and you can just log in on your old Playonline account. Hopefull you wrote down the name and password of the account and then when you have installed, you simply press the button that says Playonline user or Existing accout or whatever it says, do NOT pick set up new account.

Then once your'e logged in you go to Content ID's (what a stupid name for it) which is your license to make a character basically. You can then go in and reactivate a certain character, or pay for a new one.

So you don't have to re-register or buy a new version of the game, just install and hope you rememberd your Playonline account name. image

Comments

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    how ever if has been more then 3 mouths u won't be able to make a new char ur have to buy the game again
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Originally posted by xantho10
    how ever if has been more then 3 mouths u won't be able to make a new char ur have to buy the game again

I dont think that is true. I played FFXI shortly after it came out for a while then left. I came back to it just a few months ago..all my characters where gone, but I had no problem creating new ones. I did NOT have to buy the game again.

• hornplayerhornplayer Member Posts: 48
    Part of the reason everything is going well for coming back is because of the Welcome Home to Vana'Diel campaign allowing people to revive their old characters.  About 3 months ago, you were stuck.  Also, if you ::ahem:: misplaced your account name, you are also stuck buying a new copy.  At least that's what two different tech people told me.
  • KnightmareKnightmare Member Posts: 69

You only have to buy a new copy if you cancel your Playonline account and is expired after 3 months. And you should write down your account name and password in the back of your booklet by your cd keys, you also should place the booklet somewhere safe if you plan on coming back.

• keyamonkeyamon Member Posts: 14

so does this still apply?? if i should stop paying for 3 or more months will i have to buy the game again??!?1!

• BlkDragonJAJBlkDragonJAJ Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by xantho10

Not true. I played back in Oct '04 for 3 weeks, and quit. I just started playing this past week and did not have to buy another copy (which I thought I would have to). Like the OP said, just find your old POL password and username and just re-purchase the content ID (it'll ask you to register the cd key for the game again). ANd that's it!
    :)

• BlkDragonJAJBlkDragonJAJ Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Knightmare
    You only have to buy a new copy if you cancel your Playonline account and is expired after 3 months. And you should write down your account name and password in the back of your booklet by your cd keys, you also should place the booklet somewhere safe if you plan on coming back.

LIke I just said: Not true. YOu DON'T have to buy another copy. As long as you still ahve your POL name and password you're good to go. It'll just ask you to re-register the cd key for the game is all.

And I'm saying this because I played last year for 3 weeks and just came back this week and my POL information was STILL VALID.

:)