Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

haven't played in a week or so ... did they (the devs) nerf money earned?

EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

first off I have a premium account.

it seems like last week i was rolling in cash, I mean i would get millions in credits easy. spending money just blindly on things like Camo kis and crap. (using the Grille, Hummel and VK 3601)

I am now using the VK DB and Tiger (had to liquidate most of my tanks to get the tiger) and I am barely making any money. I realize that the higher tier tanks cost more to upkeep but geez.

I seem to average about 17k per match when it seemed like a few days ago i was getting 25k easy.

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

not sure, i spent all day playing with a new marder 3 been making ++ profit on it with or without kills in a match.. so maybe they balanced cash earnings??

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

I noticed a difference after the 7.2 or 7.3 patch.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

so apparently it was mainly because i got to the higher teirs. after buying my favorite Tier 5 tank back (the PZ4) I notice i was getting 20k in cash and having only 2k in repair costs even if my tank got fully destroyed. however with my tier 7 Panther i was making 20k in cash and having to spend 12k for a fully destroyed tank.

so thats why I was getting less money. I guess this is the devs way to FORCE you to go backwards and play lower tier tanks.

• soulmirrorsoulmirror Member UncommonPosts: 124

Look at the wot forums, there are pages of what tanks are good earners and those that are not.   My STUG and PZIV make good money, but the earnings at the higher levels are eaten up in repair and especially ammo costs.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Ecoces

so apparently it was mainly because i got to the higher teirs. after buying my favorite Tier 5 tank back (the PZ4) I notice i was getting 20k in cash and having only 2k in repair costs even if my tank got fully destroyed. however with my tier 7 Panther i was making 20k in cash and having to spend 12k for a fully destroyed tank.

so thats why I was getting less money. I guess this is the devs way to FORCE you to go backwards and play lower tier tanks.

It is they actually apparently talk about that in one of the threads.  They wanted to keep a healthy amount of tier 5's and the like around.  So you either sub, run a premium or run tier 5's and be fodder for the tier 8 prems.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

The changed it awhile back see here:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/72-release-notes