Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which SWG server?

etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Hi, i just bought the total experience pack, i skipped WoW because i´, looking for a game with more roleplaying options, and is wondering which server to choose, are some servers more "roleplayísh" than others, and if yes, which one?

Thanks

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Kettemoor is the official RP server, but rules aren't enforced by SOE. I can vouch for most of the community on Kett though. If you play there, you'll want to look up Quantix. Tell him Ico says 'howdy'.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Thanks, i appreciate the answer ;)

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249
    i thought Starsider was the RP server?

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Kettemoor and Starsider =  by far the most roleplaying Player cities of all servers.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=role_playing&message.id=35689

Have fun

Erillion

(you find ME on Naritus as Novarider or Delos .. welcome to the game !)

• WWITWWIT Member Posts: 63

RP is overated!

Come to Naritusimage

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Go on Naritus! I just switched to there and the community is awesome and there's tons of new players! Add Seinfeld to friends list if you do and send me a tell when you're on.image

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by etlar
    Hi, i just bought the total experience pack, i skipped WoW because i´, looking for a game with more roleplaying options, and is wondering which server to choose, are some servers more "roleplayísh" than others, and if yes, which one?

Thanks

Kettemoor and Starsider if you're from the US. Euro-Chimaera if you're a European. But there's roleplaying communities on other servers as well.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Naritus can be very rewarding for the roleplayer.  I'm a crazy RPer myself.  Just tonight I had a wonderful RP moment with a bounty hunter who'd come for one of my team's jedi.  It was a two-for-one night for him, since I also had a price on my head through an interesting organisation called the Bounty Hunter's Guild.  RP AND PvP ensued in a most enjoyable way. 

Mmmm Naritus.  Where RP just happens.  Even when grinding gurks on Lok.

Hi guys, i really appreciate all the replies :) i created my character on kettemoor after the first reply though, i seem to lack patienceimage, I still have a ton o´questions though, but one will suffice, i havent been able to get an explanation to what it means or does, when i change "stance" (the icons in the upper left corner) were i can wary from melee to medic and so on, what  effect does that have on my char?

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by azhrarn

Naritus can be very rewarding for the roleplayer.  I'm a crazy RPer myself.  Just tonight I had a wonderful RP moment with a bounty hunter who'd come for one of my team's jedi.  It was a two-for-one night for him, since I also had a price on my head through an interesting organisation called the Bounty Hunter's Guild.  RP AND PvP ensued in a most enjoyable way. 
    Mmmm Naritus.  Where RP just happens.  Even when grinding gurks on Lok.

Did the guy get you both azhrarn? If so grrrrr! I'm gonna level up and then he will be sorry! image

If any of you guys are still playing starwars galaxies and enjoying it, then on the server kettemoor, i am new and guildless, but have acquired a house in corellia in less than 2 days, and are looking for fellow RP

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by etlar
    Hi guys, i really appreciate all the replies :) i created my character on kettemoor after the first reply though, i seem to lack patienceimage, I still have a ton o´questions though, but one will suffice, i havent been able to get an explanation to what it means or does, when i change "stance" (the icons in the upper left corner) were i can wary from melee to medic and so on, what  effect does that have on my char?

If I'm not mistaken, that icon simply states your role in combat to your group. For example, since I'm a Master Smuggler, I've changed it to crowd control, so when I team with other people they know I can daze or slow opponents.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• Binary^.nlBinary^.nl Member Posts: 44

All my toons are on Euro-Chimarea

Lymail Revan : Jedi Knight (Corvette loot hunter)
    Sethis Revan : Mrifle, Mcombat medic, 0003 pistoleer (Krayt Hunter)
    Dreeb Revan: Mchef, Martisan and Mmerchant

usually use my jedi for the corvette to loot AV motors, and sell them on my crafter ... about 10 million a week :)