Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes they made?

bisjacbisjac Member Posts: 1

I am one of the people who preordered the game. as a huge ffxi fan, retiring anyway from that game, it was an easy move for me to jump into the next ff-mmo.

but like everyone else, my heart was broken...

I just logged back in today, taking part in the welcome back campaign. However i havnt noticed anything changed. (a slightly better economy and UI i noticed they fixed)

but honestly, there still feels like a major lack of content.

Now i have only played the game again today for about 4 hours. and i am famililar with the levie-quests i am running. and i follow the concept of the gathering and crafting of items. these things are not new.

but someone who has been, and still is playing the game all this time, please explain to me the changes for the better. the added content worthy of subscription. i heard a rumor of jobs being added, however i dont see how they incorporate as we still are a single generic class whom stats depend on the weapon/tool equipped.

You see, its clear i want to love this game, and i am more then willing to give it a second chance. but i need to hear from people who actually see the changes, not just read them off of emails and blogs.

Thanks in advance for any input guys.

*sleeps naked*

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    For those with classes under lvl 20, nothing has changed; it’s still tedious leaves and behests, a slight improvement with the UI and combat, but it’s still awkward for keyboard and mouse, and the targeting still sucks. You lvl fast so its bearable, then you can do instances and NM, but the lack of content is not as big as issue for many as the server coding and optimization, which is still no better than at launch, and sadly cannot be improved till 2.0, which hopefully will include a lot more content as well.