Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizard101 SCAM

janehardyjanehardy Member Posts: 1

Hey gamers,

I have been playing wizard101 for 4 years and I recently encountered some children saying the F word and the S word etc etc.

i reported them and Kingsisle emailed  me saying my account has been MUTED FOR 10 YEARS. 10 YEARS!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so i continued to email back and forth with them and see if this problem could be resolved somehow.

In their TOS it says mutes are negotiable. 

so I appealed to them about it and said the following:

"I have been a customer for 4, almost 5 years, and this is ridiculous. i was never issued a warning like it says i should be in your TOS. 10 years of mute is not a warning, it's a sentence, a punishment. I have reccomended this game to many many other parents and children etc. and i can just as easily tell them what you are scheming us into! This is not fair and I will not put up with this. Bad reviews are coming your way. Goodbye."

and they sent back saying "THIS IS NONNEGOTIABLE. PS. WE TAKE THREATS VERY SERIOUSLY AND WILL PROSECUTE THEM TO THE VERY EXTENT OF THE LAW."

what the hell? And then they BANNED me.

with 4 archmage wizards and thousands of dollars put into my account over the years, they banned me.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM. KINGSISLE WILL TAKE ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND THEN BAN YOU FOR SOMETHING NOT LISTED IN THEIR TOS, BUT THEY WILL SAY IT IS. (i have a friend that is a lawyer, and he did look over their tos and there is nothing about standing up to a bully who is cussing etc) I did NOT curse whatsoever when confronting them. I just reported them and moved on and they banned Me.

do not trust kingsisle. they will rob you and claim they have a legitimate reason to do so.

they dont!!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by janehardy

Hey gamers,

I have been playing wizard101 for 4 years and I recently encountered some children saying the F word and the S word etc etc.

XXXXXXX--STUFF HAPPENED HERE--XXXXXXXXX

i reported them and Kingsisle emailed  me saying my account has been MUTED FOR 10 YEARS. 10 YEARS!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so i continued to email back and forth with them and see if this problem could be resolved somehow.

In their TOS it says mutes are negotiable. 

so I appealed to them about it and said the following:

"I have been a customer for 4, almost 5 years, and this is ridiculous. i was never issued a warning like it says i should be in your TOS. 10 years of mute is not a warning, it's a sentence, a punishment. I have reccomended this game to many many other parents and children etc. and i can just as easily tell them what you are scheming us into! This is not fair and I will not put up with this. Bad reviews are coming your way. Goodbye."

and they sent back saying "THIS IS NONNEGOTIABLE. PS. WE TAKE THREATS VERY SERIOUSLY AND WILL PROSECUTE THEM TO THE VERY EXTENT OF THE LAW."

what the hell? And then they BANNED me.

with 4 archmage wizards and thousands of dollars put into my account over the years, they banned me.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM. KINGSISLE WILL TAKE ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND THEN BAN YOU FOR SOMETHING NOT LISTED IN THEIR TOS, BUT THEY WILL SAY IT IS. (i have a friend that is a lawyer, and he did look over their tos and there is nothing about standing up to a bully who is cussing etc) I did NOT curse whatsoever when confronting them. I just reported them and moved on and they banned Me.

do not trust kingsisle. they will rob you and claim they have a legitimate reason to do so.

they dont!!

Highlighted the very clear flags that this is only a fraction of the whole story, specifically the gaping hole between reporting foul language .... and getting muted for 10 years with discussion of threats as a result of what they are 'scheming [you] into'.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• psychonewbpsychonewb Member Posts: 8

Perhaps this is a sign crappy games have crappy staff. (I seriously can't believe people play that game.)

Live and learn or time to start going outside more.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Yeah, basically what Lokto said. Sadly we can't really make a judgement call based on just this information. Please post the entire chat exchange leading up to this with the profanity "beeped". If it won't be able to serve as a warning, at least it will have substantial entertainment value.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Two brand new accounts dissing a game without proper evidence.

I call bs.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

my first reaction was that they somehow mixed up reporter and reportee.

yet that notion wasn't even entertained in the letter to the staff... curiouser and curiouser.

• psychonewbpsychonewb Member Posts: 8

Only reason I responded was cause It was right by my own thread. Game is pretty crappy I seen those lame commericals. Not into the whole marketed to kids games thing.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

OP your email to them started out correctly and with courtesy but quickly devolved into a childish threat, which is why they chose not to work with you on this. Getting a lawyer to look at it seems a tad overzealous as well. I am sorry for your loss, but it is clear that you also likely threatened the "kids cussing" in the game.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Before I even read the 1st response, I knew the OP was guilty of something he's not talking about. You don't get banned for reporting foul language. My guess is the OP took it upon himself to confront the offenders and of course lost temper and well, we can guess the rest. In fact, we have to guess the rest now don't we?

I have been a paying customer of this game for years. I don't play it, but both my kids do, and I can't say one bad thing about the company after paying for 2 full accounts and who knows how much in Crowns over the years.