Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2 beta weekend - status?

DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

According to my untrustworthy calculations the beta weekend should have started now ("11:00am PDT") but the game keeps telling me I entered the wrong pw. But it works just fine on the account page of their website.

Anyone any information?  Beta weekend not up yet or might there be something wrong with my account?

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by DarkPony
    According to my untrustworthy calculations the beta weekend should have started now ("11:00am PDT") but the game keeps telling me I entered the wrong pw. But it works just fine on the account page of their website.Anyone any information?  Beta weekend not up yet or might there be something wrong with my account? 

I think the problem is on your side, I can log in just fine.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Thanks Al.

Just managed to get it working. When I followed the game type selection dialogue and ended up being prompted for my pw it didn't recognize it but now that I logged in with the small log in button at the bottom right it worked fine.

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

I have had this exact same issues. I tried like 10 times to log in knowing I was putting in the correct info. Eventually I think I closed it re-opened it and it worked just fine. I actually think this is a random login bug. You should get in eventually though.

imageimage

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i think you have about 10 more minutes before it starts. you lucky dog. i mean horse.

• UniversumUniversum Member Posts: 39

Awwe, this is the game I want to play this weekend, hope they're still sending out beta keys.

Log in server hamsters are having a really bad time at the moment, it seems.

Originally posted by atticusbc

i think you have about 10 more minutes before it starts. you lucky dog. i mean horse.

^_^

It's because of the four horse shoes.

p.s. I can has a pet called "MaskedWeasel"

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

Still no key for me. image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Yup, no key for me too...

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

I've clocked in around 3 hours now. Level 17 engineer.

Pfew, this game is pretty fast paced. It keeps you going on and on and on. It's almost demonic.

First impression is pretty positive.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

I started playing it with a friend of mine on Veteran difficulty. really liking how hard it is. its nice to get mauled by npcs for once instead of sending them into the meat grinder all day.

Originally posted by Twistingfate

I started playing it with a friend of mine on Veteran difficulty. really liking how hard it is. its nice to get mauled by npcs for once instead of sending them into the meat grinder all day.

I skipped "casual" and started on "normal". Single player though. Didn't die yet but was close a few times.

I ended up running into an act boss fight (The Grell guy is an act boss I think? Huge text notification and stuff?) and didn't have any mana pots and portalling wasn't allowed so it took much longer to kill him and at one time I was at around 1% hp. But other than that it hasn't been really challenging. A lot of tank and spanking at normal difficulty and it starts out terribly easy, the first 12 levels or so.

Don't think I'll ever want to bother with "casual" difficulty. If it is easier than normal you'd only have to look at mobs to make them spontaniously combust :)