Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just found a new home...called Diablo 3

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    D3 is not a mmo .. But the gameplay is close to many mmo .. Particularly those u solo hack & slash, and wait for groups in a city. It also has a AH and crafting.

In terms of repeat .. It prob repeat not as much as any mmo. Now no one says it is going to last for years, but as long as it is fun, i dont mind to have it as my main game for a few months or even weeks.

I found D3 combat, obviously a focal point of the game, very well design and more fun than most mmos.

May be mmos should be more like D3.
  • BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by delete5230

Ive been watching several people play Diablo 3 both solo and in groups on a streaming video site.

To me it looks boring as hell hack and slash no matter what class you play.  Sure you get different abilities, but no matter what it seems you will easily win no matter what you do.  No strategy at all, it''s just run and slash as fast as you can.  All maps seam generic. You have outdoor, inside castles, and bridge battles, but they all look the same.

How could anyone really enjoy that for more than three hours ?......Please explain, maybe I'm missing something.

I don't really understand the appeal but apparently a lot of people like these kind of games.  It just looks so repetitive, but to each his own.   For a single player action RPG I'd much rather play something like Dark Souls that has a good combat system and is extremely challenging. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Loke666

Great but you probably should wait a few weeks before declaring it your new home... Sometimes a game continues to be great, other times we tire at it after a few weeks and it isn´t that easy to guess how a game you just got will turn out.

Not to rain or yourparade or anything, but people tend to crown "best game ever" a few days after release. ;)

idd, its the legendary love in a first sight feeling to the point when you are fighting over how to squeeze the toothpaste and reality hits you in da face like a baseball bat.

;)

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by snoocky

I know that it isn't a mmorpg...and although its an old recipe...it beats todays mmorpgs.

All the same crap all over again.

I know exactly what you mean...

After playing Mount and Blade: Warband, I deleted all flight sims from my hard drive.

Well I know you were trying to be sarcastic here, but you might actually do that.

At the end of the day, people want to be entertained, and entertainment products/devices are fighting a zero-sum game with one another.  If one product can't cut it, another will occupy someone's time.

Certainly for me Diablo 3 has won the zero-sum war for my own game-playing time for the foreseeable future (although I'm still playing SMNC, since I tend to have two major gaming modes: PVE and PVP, and SMNC clearly fills the PVP role while D3 took over from MMORPGs for the PVE role.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Sounds like you won't be living there very long unless you plan to keep replaying the same content over and over again.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I have been a fan of the series from the beginning, but had no interest in getting this game.  The impressions that I was getting and from what I have seen was that it was like a movie sequal without the main movie actors from the original movie.  Don't know why I got that impression.

So anyways, I just bought my son a new laptop for a grad present and he really wanted D3 so I figured I'd surprise him, by buying and loading it.  He lives in another city and am dropping it off next week, so I start playing it for "Quality Assurance.".  Last night it sucked me in.  I finished ACT I and did it on multiplayer with this other Barbarian (I was a wizard).   We had some pretty good teamwork and I had a lot of fun...much more so than when I was playing by myself.  Now I'm contemplating buying and playing it at least until GW2 comes out. 

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Anyone else love stepping on bugs, snakes and scorpions?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by snoocky

I know that it isn't a mmorpg...and although its an old recipe...it beats todays mmorpgs.

All the same crap all over again.

Something about that rubs me the wrong way :P.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Some say it can be done in 12 hours.  Others say longer.  It might take you a week to get bored, or a month.   See you back here when that happens.  Have fun whopping on nastys and demons in the meantime.  Cheers.

Normal Mode, which is less than 1/4 of the entire game.

You still have Nightmare, Hell, Inferno and Hardcore as well respectively. Nobody has completed the game yet.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Some say it can be done in 12 hours.  Others say longer.  It might take you a week to get bored, or a month.   See you back here when that happens.  Have fun whopping on nastys and demons in the meantime.  Cheers.

It takes about 12-20 hours on Normal depending on how much you explore. It's the longest Diablo game to date. I play D2 more than any MMORPG and I certainly played it for more than 1 month, more like 3-5 years :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• GenghasGenghas Member Posts: 13

i will be getting this game when the price goes down where it needs to be ,over priced right now it will drop in a couple months this is when ill get it . 60 dollars for a game is retarded its a game damn

• GenghasGenghas Member Posts: 13

i will be getting this game when the price goes down where it needs to be ,over priced right now it will drop in a couple months this is when ill get it . 60 dollars for a game is retarded its a game damn

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Yeah I'll be playing D3 for quite some time as well as Torchlight 2. As far as I am concerned developers of mmos can keep their mmos to themselves. ;) It took me 22hrs and 13 minutes to finish the story and that is with fully exploring each area.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/