Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just found a new home...called Diablo 3

snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

And I love it...deleted all other mmorpgs.:)

Gonna stay here a long long while!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

If you're happy thats great but it's not an MMORPG.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I know that it isn't a mmorpg...and although its an old recipe...it beats todays mmorpgs.

All the same crap all over again.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Some say it can be done in 12 hours.  Others say longer.  It might take you a week to get bored, or a month.   See you back here when that happens.  Have fun whopping on nastys and demons in the meantime.  Cheers.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by snoocky

I know that it isn't a mmorpg...and although its an old recipe...it beats todays mmorpgs.

I know exactly what you mean...

After playing Mount and Blade: Warband, I deleted all flight sims from my hard drive.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

There is a Diablo 3 forum you know.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

not much point being on an mmorpg site then is there.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

It's a good ole romp isn't it OP -- I hope Blizzard support it with content patches and what not to keep the 'juices' flowing. 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I know that it isn't a mmorpg...and although its an old recipe...it beats todays mmorpgs.All the same crap all over again.

LOL....

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Ive been watching several people play Diablo 3 both solo and in groups on a streaming video site.

To me it looks boring as hell hack and slash no matter what class you play.  Sure you get different abilities, but no matter what it seems you will easily win no matter what you do.  No strategy at all, it''s just run and slash as fast as you can.  All maps seam generic. You have outdoor, inside castles, and bridge battles, but they all look the same.

How could anyone really enjoy that for more than three hours ?......Please explain, maybe I'm missing something.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Great but you probably should wait a few weeks before declaring it your new home... Sometimes a game continues to be great, other times we tire at it after a few weeks and it isn´t that easy to guess how a game you just got will turn out.

Not to rain or yourparade or anything, but people tend to crown "best game ever" a few days after release. ;)

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

What is a long long while to you? A few hours? A couple of days? A few weeks? Months? Enjoy while it's fun, but I woudn't want to move house every time a cool new game comes out.

imageimage
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

lol... oh, lol

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Cool, just don't sign a long therm contract. I heard you can finish all the content in a week and then you need to repeat (ad nauseum).

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by delete5230

Ive been watching several people play Diablo 3 both solo and in groups on a streaming video site.

To me it looks boring as hell hack and slash no matter what class you play.  Sure you get different abilities, but no matter what it seems you will easily win no matter what you do.  No strategy at all, it''s just run and slash as fast as you can.  All maps seam generic. You have outdoor, inside castles, and bridge battles, but they all look the same.

How could anyone really enjoy that for more than three hours ?......Please explain, maybe I'm missing something.

As a first time DIablo and longtime MMO player I can say I'm enjoying Diablo at least for the first 6 hours that I"ve played. I'm enjoying it more than I did Tera (Played till level 42). The combat is not complicated at all, playing a wizard I do exactly what you say, cast a spell run back and cast another one. There is enough variety to focus on about 8 keys but not complicated. The thing with Diablo is the atmosphere is dark and depressing (Though I heard past Diablo games gave that feeling a lot more) The soundtrack is also pretty immersing and cool, The monsters are a wonder to look at and beat down and I never know what they're going to do. Exploring is rewarding and immersive and the storyline is actually not that bad. Being voiced over, even the books and the heroes talking to you and telling you their story while you do dungeons is quite interesting.

Having said that I haven't beaten Act 1 yet, I'm a casual player so the lasting appeal might be more for me than the hardcore players that rushed through it. But I can't wait to see what new places, monsters, zones and lore I will find.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by GTwander

After playing Mount and Blade: Warband, I deleted all flight sims from my hard drive.

Ahhhh, my first good chuckle of the day. Thanks for that!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by xposeidon

Having said that I haven't beaten Act 1 yet, I'm a casual player so the lasting appeal might be more for me than the hardcore players that rushed through it. But I can't wait to see what new places, monsters, zones and lore I will find.

Me too, taking my time , just hit level 10 and still in act 1, gona enjoy while it last, but it wont be my new home...

RIP Orc Choppa

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Some say it can be done in 12 hours.  Others say longer.  It might take you a week to get bored, or a month.   See you back here when that happens.  Have fun whopping on nastys and demons in the meantime.  Cheers.

Just in time for GW2 ;)

Anyway 12 hours is bulshit. You can actually finish it in 2 hours. If you multiplay and join people exactly when they are finishing quests. I reached same point my main character reached in 5 hours with my Wizard in 20 minutes (multiplay).

But each time i played the game was completely different - including completely differnt side quests.

The game was made to have complete replayability - its different every time.

Its endless!

So as long you are addicted to point and click , gameplay and loot - it never ends

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

That's great, I am enjoying it as well. Taking my time to get to know the best skill combos for the situations and looking forward to the implemtation of PVP.

Even cooler is my gf was watching me play it and for the first time in YEARS said "what's that? I wanna play". Pure awesomeness!

So needless to say she bought the Digital version from Blizz and has been tearing it up with me.

Is there a thread where we can exchange Battletags for party/friends?

And seeing that comment from a guy who is playing Tropico4 and Wurm online....Ow plzzz

Edgar Allan Poe

Originally posted by Loke666

Great but you probably should wait a few weeks before declaring it your new home... Sometimes a game continues to be great, other times we tire at it after a few weeks and it isn´t that easy to guess how a game you just got will turn out.

Not to rain or yourparade or anything, but people tend to crown "best game ever" a few days after release. ;)

I playes Diablo2 six years.......I have a good feeling about this one :)

Edgar Allan Poe

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

well... you first have to be able to log in

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by joocheese

well... you first have to be able to log in

Seems the new home has already collapsed.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

And seeing that comment from a guy who is playing Tropico4 and Wurm online....Ow plzzz

Yeah, his character is completely ruined because he enjoys real time strategy similar to Sim City and a sandbox MMORPG.

Ouch, how horrible of him to experiment with interesting games.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

*gasp* People have different tastes than you.