Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't go by Total Biscuit's completely misinformed review/rant of D3

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856
    Originally posted by dnlkiro

Diablo 3 has already been cracked for offline play, just FYI.

They tend to drop bans on people for saying these types of things just FYI. Be sure not to post any links. People inside a simple little box do not realize this is possible.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I have been searching this because I have seen several people make this claim.  As far as I can tell there are no emulated servers yet.  At least not that any of the usual suspect sites are aware of.

Just to interject here, what would be the point of playing on an emulated server compared to the official one? I want to play D3 on my computer even when my internet is on the fritz.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Lashley
    Originally posted by Unlight
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Sorry but I agreed with most every word he said. 

Same.  Guess he must have hit it pretty close to the mark to get the fanbois and apologists so riled up.

I agreed with TB too, the sad thing is people cannot grasp that it is his OPINION! Don't take it as gospel.

Odd that you defend his opinion while in a previous post completely belittling someone else for expressing their opinion about Torchlight II.

I agree with your statement here, though. Opinion is opinion. I don't agree with his, and I'm sure he won't agree with mine, but people should definitely take anything he says with a grain of salt. He's not the final word on video games.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Durray

Total Biscuit sounded spot on to me.

Problem is you cannot reason with Blizzard fans. They are very very die hard and seemingly take pride in being ignorant die hards.

LIke TB said. Any other company would have had people at their HQ with pitchforks and torches except.....Blizzard!

Not if that company is named  Arenanet.

Arenanet makes MMO's.. of course you have to be on-line. That is a moot point. 

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

TB made a rant on WoW? And now this?

Where do i sign up?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

There are SOOOOOOO many good hack 'n slash games that are ultra cheap (or free) out right now or on the way. I guess I can't tell people what to spend their money on, but the alternatives to supposedly "AAA titles" are vast, affordable and fairly high quality these days. Unfortunate they can't market like Blizz.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

There are SOOOOOOO many good hack 'n slash games that are ultra cheap (or free) out right now or on the way. I guess I can't tell people what to spend their money on, but the alternatives to supposedly "AAA titles" are vast, affordable and fairly high quality these days. Unfortunate they can't market like Blizz.

So true.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I have been searching this because I have seen several people make this claim.  As far as I can tell there are no emulated servers yet.  At least not that any of the usual suspect sites are aware of.

please don't feed the trolls.  just saying.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by djmtott

I love how everyone hangs on his (Total Biscuit's) word as gospel when there's a chance it will aid their piling on, but when it goes against something they like it's akin to denouncing your prophet.

Never heard of him.  Is he like a gamer  version of Justin Bieber or something?

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Renascent88Renascent88 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Vannor

I've never rated TB much anyway. He's popular because he's a bit of a wierdo and that's entertaining, that's all. He's just an average gamer that can be bothered to put out tons of videos for some reason. His video capture is good and his voiceover is entertaining but it often isn't informative or factual. Plus, he's almost always biased in one way or another.

Everyone are biased in one way. You can't be 100%objective, talking about games that is.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

All I know is I'm playing the game and enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I dont think it's dumbed down since there's now multiple ways to affect on how abilities work unlike the old Diablos. Also the hotbar is very nice addition for special skills. The graphics are very pretty and detailed, the animations are great, spell effects are great and I just love the physics how stuff blows up in the air including monsters.

This is the best traditional isometric hack n slash game I've played and it is no surprise from Blizzard, they just bring quality and that's that. It's cool to hate on Blizzard and I think that's a big factor on D3 hate, the game is high quality and now that I have played it I have no idea what people are whining about really.

I also love the much discussed AH, it's nice addition and easy to trade stuff with others. RMAH? I dont know and dont care as I intend to ignore it completely.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Renascent88
    Originally posted by Vannor

I've never rated TB much anyway. He's popular because he's a bit of a wierdo and that's entertaining, that's all. He's just an average gamer that can be bothered to put out tons of videos for some reason. His video capture is good and his voiceover is entertaining but it often isn't informative or factual. Plus, he's almost always biased in one way or another.

Everyone are biased in one way. You can't be 100%objective, talking about games that is.

I understand that but TB has some serious issues with certain companies and genres and brings them into his reasoning, which proper journalists arn't really allowed to do or try not to do... because it doesn't nescessary reflect the experiences of the majority. My point is, I don't think he could write a mostly unbaised video even if he tried. Not sure if he even writes them to be honest, it's like he just turns on the mic and starts ranting.

He's also like a Simon Cowell figure... it's his negativity that makes people want to see it. He probably knows this as well so does it even more on purpose, just like Cowell.

I watch his videos cos it's funny sometimes but I never care what he's actually saying or take it to heart. He gets details wrong a lot of the time more often than not as well. His GW2 vids had me pulling out my hair, I was in the first invite only beta, because he was getting sooo many details wrong (same with Yogscast tbh).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by sapheroith
    Originally posted by Loke666

The gems for gold  system is garbage. The regionbased lock-out so that Europeans wouldn't import copies from overseas was garbage too (don't know if has been fixed by now).  If Arenanet introduced a straight RMAH like Blizzard is doing in Diablo 3,  there would be people who would think it is okay, because it is just convenience, you can earn the same items by playing. Both those arguments apply in Diablo III as well: just time convenience and you can earn the items through playing. 

If Diablo 3 would have been a B2P MMO i would have agreed with you. But it ain´t, it isn't even a CORPG.

D3 is a regular single/multiplayer dungeonhack. Any kind of AH have nothing to do in games like that.

Why do AHs have nothing to do in games such as that? Again the arguments are the same: it is completely optional time convenience for those who choose to use it. You can still earn all the items offered in the AH by just playing. Unless you really care a lot about what other people have and do, it shouldn't bother you, right?

Buying best ingame item with real money is not time convenience, its P2W.

And why would i want a AH when i play single player mode?

Or perhaps it is both in this case? What is the difference between someone who has grinded to obtain the best items and someone who paid for them? The only difference is time, right? If so, it is paying for time convenience. Why is it called "pay to win", when a person who grinded for the items is on equal terms gearwise with someone who paid for them?

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please do not discuss piracy in here.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by odinsrath
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

His review/rant was a 100% correct, launch was terrible, online play only is terrible, the amount of gameplay for the money is terrible.

So glad i didn't have to purchase this.

any online type of game has some type of problem on release..if you dont belive that than idk what to tell you

and as far as online play ..we played with a party of 4 last night and had a blast..sure i agree on the price..but then again 80% of new games are priced at 60$ upon release..

imageyou have played it right?

most people didnt even know what to rly expect seeing alot of the younger crowd would be comeing from wow and had never even played D1 / D2 and were prolly expecting an mmo

Yes I played it only because I got it free with my Annual Pass, completed it at level 36 in around 15 hours, $60 for 15 hours gameplay would have been a huge waste of money, I have no intention grinding content i've already done over and over just to level that would be pointless.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

It's not a review, also 'Cynical'Brit.... errr what did you expect. But more importantly many of his techinical critisisms are fact. He's not a fan of the genre and says so, he also says 'you don't need a man on the internet to validate your enjoyment of a game'.

He's giving his opinion of a game in his mailbox news section, to gamers who over time, either have similar tastes in games or enjoy his rants and take them for what they are. Given this the point of the op smells a hell of a lot like a fanboi qq'ing and blaming completely the wrong person for it.

Edit: I just supported tb, I need a shower.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Not only is it not a review, I hate to say this but did biscuit even play the game, as what he said is a lie.  I played for 2 hours this afternoon and had my new level 7 barbarian outfitted with blue unique drops.  So from what i saw on his video is a huge lie. Plain and simple.   But then a lot of stuff he has said in the past was so biased anyway.  I would rather listen to the guy from zero punctuation.

I was like no game could be this bad so I went and got it, and wow all I have to say whatever biscuit was playing is not diablo 3 on the screen.  

What he had to say was a total load of bs.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I just expected more from TotalBiscuit.  If he truly understood all of the problems with online play in D2 then he would at least be informed on an offline mode would create the same nightmare for online play in D3.  Either he doesn't understand why the smarts are on the server, and off of your machine, or he doesn't care and just wants to blast Blizzard/Activision.  The fact of the matter is that he doesn't really care for the genre and is railing for a cause he isn't a part of and isn't well informed on.

If offline play is that important to you then there are other games for you.  Just move on.  But don't get all flustered over Blizzard proactively addressing the mess that was created by the old battle net.  They couldn't do that with an offline mode.  And if you don't understand why that is I can't explain it any simpler than I already have.

I don't hate Total Biscuit and I have no problem adding to his youtube hits.  I just no longer respect him or his knowledge.  He clearly hates big publishers and feels the need to stand up for the "little guy", whether they need it or not.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

lol... nice... 15 pages of comments on the opinions of TB; well done TB :-)

As I've stated before, I agree with TB and his analysis of D3. Call it for what it is; a dissapointing game with a disastrous release and completely way overpriced. Blizzard got too cocky and greedy and unfortunately for the gamers, D3 (as we have it now) is the outcome. More than anything, I'm hoping that Blizzard does not do this again and/or that other gaming companies do not follow in Blizzard's footsteps.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

TotalBiscuit is chock full of attitude charged, self-contradictory, and extremely inconsistent illogic.  

he is no more worth listening to (other than he posts videos of alot of games, and keeps up with gaming news) than any random forum poster here.

you're better off largely ignoring most of what he has to say, and just watching the gameplay.  

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I just expected more from TotalBiscuit.  If he truly understood all of the problems with online play in D2 then he would at least be informed on an offline mode would create the same nightmare for online play in D3.  Either he doesn't understand why the smarts are on the server, and off of your machine, or he doesn't care and just wants to blast Blizzard/Activision.  The fact of the matter is that he doesn't really care for the genre and is railing for a cause he isn't a part of and isn't well informed on.

If offline play is that important to you then there are other games for you.  Just move on.  But don't get all flustered over Blizzard proactively addressing the mess that was created by the old battle net.  They couldn't do that with an offline mode.  And if you don't understand why that is I can't explain it any simpler than I already have.

I don't hate Total Biscuit and I have no problem adding to his youtube hits.  I just no longer respect him or his knowledge.  He clearly hates big publishers and feels the need to stand up for the "little guy", whether they need it or not.

The only argument I have ever heard for why the online only thing actuall prevents cheaters/hackers moreso than simply having single player and multiplayer only characters, is that hackers can't crack the game because they don't have the server side code physically installed on their machine.

But um...that's stupid.

There are TONS of private WoW servers out there.  Which means folks have obviously got their hands on the WoW server side code.  And yet...WoW isn't rife with cheaters and hackers.

Anyway, I agree that D2 had a problem with cheaters and hackers, but I don't think that this online only crap was a "necessary" resolution.  Plenty of other games have been able to greatly control cheaters/hackers and still have the entire game installed on the client.

...Why was this impossible for Blizzard to do?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Not only is it not a review, I hate to say this but did biscuit even play the game, as what he said is a lie.  I played for 2 hours this afternoon and had my new level 7 barbarian outfitted with blue unique drops.  So from what i saw on his video is a huge lie. Plain and simple.   But then a lot of stuff he has said in the past was so biased anyway.  I would rather listen to the guy from zero punctuation.

Lol yeah...right...I'm sure the Zero Punctuation bit is going to go over wonderfully with most here with as butthurt as people are getting over the comments TB made. As if that dude isn't going to shred it way more than TB ever did.

Will be entertaining though when he does get around to it. Both the video and some of the reactions when it gets linked here.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Creslin321

The only argument I have ever heard for why the online only thing actuall prevents cheaters/hackers moreso than simply having single player and multiplayer only characters, is that hackers can't crack the game because they don't have the server side code physically installed on their machine.

But um...that's stupid.

There are TONS of private WoW servers out there.  Which means folks have obviously got their hands on the WoW server side code.  And yet...WoW isn't rife with cheaters and hackers.

Anyway, I agree that D2 had a problem with cheaters and hackers, but I don't think that this online only crap was a "necessary" resolution.  Plenty of other games have been able to greatly control cheaters/hackers and still have the entire game installed on the client.

...Why was this impossible for Blizzard to do?

There are tons of private WoW servers yes, however only a handful of them function remotely well. Most of those servers still lag, have countless bugs and are missing ALOT of content.

As for your impossible for blizzard to do? Why is it impossible for the industry to do? If they could prevent hacks, cheats, piracy and the like, don't ya think they'd use it?

It is just impossible to stop corruption however if it can slow the epidemic to a near halt, i'm all for it.

That's immaterial.

The point is not whether private servers work as well as Blizz's own servers.

The point is that the WoW server side code has obviously been leaked and yet WoW is not rife with hacks.

The whole argument for D3 online only is that if the server side compiled code were made available on the client, then hackers would take it and somehow completely compromise the game.  And well, that is BS.

I think just about every major MMO probably has at least one private server, and yet they aren't completely rife with hacks like D2 was.  So...simply allowing people access to your server side code does not mean they will be able to magically make all these hacks.

In order for hacks to happen, there has to be a vulnerability, bug, error, whatever you want to call it in the code to exploit.  You can't just "make" a hack from nothing.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Meh, TB always came across as a Yahtzee wannabe to me. Much like the aforementioned's 'Zero Punctuation' review series, TB's reviews are meant mostly as entertainment and not serious reviews. The key difference lies in that even when bashing the everloving shit out of a game I adore, Yahtzee still makes me laugh, whereas TB just sounds like a child throwing a temper tantrum because his mum wouldn't buy him a lollipop at the store.

Everyone who follows him knows he has tremendous issues with Blizzard, mostly over the direction they've taken WoW. He's still quite put out by it, and it shows here as he rants like a spurned fanboy (which I guess he is) and refuses to even acknowledge that the game does do quite a few things correctly.

But oh well. Smart people will realize this, sheep will follow blindly.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

TB is kind of a dbag. i only dont mind him for all the advertising he does for GW2, but thats about where it ends.

welp. back to D3.