Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rank points on MMORPG.com

i was just curious, everytime i get over 50 in rank points, they seem to be taken away and brought back down too 50, any one have any clue why?

Comments

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

You have to post helpful posts and such, a lot of random and pointless posts will bring down your rank, hope this is helpful ^_^

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

It helps if you log in alot too I believe.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    In order to imporove your ranking you need to post me your credit card details image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Razorback
    In order to imporove your ranking you need to post me your credit card details image

Hahaha... I would like to see somone actually fall for that. ::::18::::::28::

• ChicoBTDChicoBTD Member Posts: 84
    i log in everyday, at least 2-3 times a day, i post when im interested, and i have brought my points up to 52 twice, and the next day they are brought down to 50
  • XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    i have had 69 points for about a week now...but that is because i havent gone on in a while... but you really have to put in good informative posts otherwise you wont raise points.  and u get like a point everyday that you log on, it doesnt matter how many times you log in, it is only 1 a day i believe.  also starting posts that get alot of attention usually brings up ur rank.  but overall it is really just a bunch of bs that really doesnt matter... weather you are above novice member you have all of the stuff you can do at this site.
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by ChicoBTD
    i log in everyday, at least 2-3 times a day, i post when im interested, and i have brought my points up to 52 twice, and the next day they are brought down to 50

Why don't you attempt reading the FAQ before even posting again.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

How do you calculate my rank?

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST. They are only based on the last 30 days of data. We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

* How many days you visited the site (and logged in). This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    * How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    * The quality of your posts. If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    * Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total). To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ChicoBTDChicoBTD Member Posts: 84
    all im saying is the past few days, ive had 52 points, then its shoots back to 50, has done it for like a week now, i was just wondering why...
  • ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    It's because of two reasons.

A)You had posts deleted

B)The ranks are calculated on a 30-day basis. Basically your rank shows what you've done in the last 30 days. So as time goes on the points added from 31 days ago are dropped off your rank and that would be why they keep dropping one or two points every couple of days.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.