Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bold Prediction - The Secret World Will Be Game of The Year.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Let me start by saying, I don't think TSW will have the number of players GW2 will have maybe not even the amount Tera has. TSW appeals to a certain taste, an aquired taste if you will. TSW does that taste oh so well, better than any mmo to date.  The ability to create this dish will garner Funcom & TSW critical acclaim much like  "Slum Dog Millionair"  did in the film industry.

Like the taste or not, there is something very special in TSW, something different.  The Devil is in the details my friends, and the Devil is in TSW.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Funny, I see it getting that price they have for most improved game next year, like AoC gotten earlier.

Yeah, I think FC will mess up the launch which would cost them the game of the year title.

On the other hand do I think it will be a fun game eventually.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Bold indeed.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

lol seriously...i looked at the tread title and started laughing like a madman....made my day.

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

Highly doubful, but definitely a canidate.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I don't know, I played TSW beta last weekend and yesterday I was so excited to play Guild Wars 2 stresstess, but I kept thinking of TSW and couldn't even stand 30 mins of Guild Wars 2's quests.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Only if they make the combat better.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Searias

I don't know, I played TSW beta last weekend and yesterday I was so excited to play Guild Wars 2 stresstess, but I kept thinking of TSW and couldn't even stand 30 mins of Guild Wars 2's quests.

funny i had the exact opposite feeling.. i wished TSW would incorporate more world DE's would make the game so much more fun..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189

I think it definitely deserves consideration personally.

Although, games that win game of the year are typically more accessible and shallow than TSW. image

But yeah TSW is the real deal, to me at least.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Bold and Spicy.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

TSW questing + GW2 PvP = game of the year

:D

Originally posted by Aerowyn

funny i had the exact opposite feeling.. i wished TSW would incorporate more world DE's would make the game so much more fun..

But, have you ever thought about the point of the dynamic events? I didn't feel intrigued about them, whereas TSW makes you want to know what the quest is all about especially the investigative ones. But, Guild Wars 2 does still have better PVP that is what I am buying GW2 for and not for its PVE.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

I agree with the OP TSW is game of the year material.

Having played PC games since 1992 and MMORPGs since 2000, I can honestly say we have our first NON-WOW CLONE in 12 years, Funcom had the guts to say hell no, and create a game thats not the standard Whack a mole, grind for tokens BS that every MMO since EQ and WoW has been. Tera, RIFT, SWTOR are all SoS in a different wrapper.

TSW has everything from a storyline, to puzzles, riddles, exploration, and good old guns blazing and hack and slash.

NO ELVES!

Originally posted by BigCountry

TSW questing + GW2 PvP = game of the year

:D

I second that :). They should totally get together and combine the two and I would play it for a very very long time :P.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

I wont say you're wrong, but I sure dont see it being GotY material......

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Wonder when we get to test the PvP? Or is it not going to be ready for launch? No they wouldn't make that mistake twice would they?

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Tsw & gw2 thats all we need for the rest of the year to be honest. So tsw probably comes out 2 months before gw2 so tsw will be a great start of summer.
    Just read the mmorpg interview regarding magic. Sounds very cool
  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Was the same for me i logged in to the stress test mainly couse i was stuck on an Investigation quest in TSW and needed some light entertainment to clear the head but after about 20 mins i just couldnt stand it anymore (i also noticed the horrible running animation of the Norns which are far worse than TSW).

Now i am still looking forward to GW2 i planned to use it as a backup game and its perfect for that and the citys are just amazing no question there and i am sure it will be the better choice for pvp as well so i am really happy to soon have 2 B2P games that offer me (combined) everything i could ever have asked for in an Themepark MMO 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

But, have you ever thought about the point of the dynamic events? I didn't feel intrigued about them, whereas TSW makes you want to know what the quest is all about especially the investigative ones. But, Guild Wars 2 does still have better PVP that is what I am buying GW2 for and not for its PVE.

I played through most of kingsmouth and most tiered quest basically end up being kill x quests. For instance the one you kill the "named" mobs all over the map is basically just running all over to kill one guy. Then the one you go to the beach to kill those ugliys the next tier kill 4 more of these other guys who are right next to the ones you just killed , next tier kill 4 more and so on. Many many quests in TSW are like this, some aren't and there are lots of fun ones like using the differn't ammo such as landmines to blowup zombies but overall I had a ton more fun running around and joining DE's in GW2 than i did running around kingsmouth.. I also found no one in TSW wanted to group much but had not a single issue joining up and fighting in groups in GW2 right away.. GW2 is just put together more in a way to encourage people to play together.. TSW i soloed almost all of kingsmouth and didn't even see a reason to group up expect for the instance

oh and TSW pvp from what I have played is pretty awful.. also some MAJOR imbalances with certain builds but guess that's expected with so many options, Rift has this issue with the soul builds and I'm sure this game will suffer from the same problems.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

There Track Record says " No Way "  lol.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

I agree with the OP TSW is game of the year material.

Having played PC games since 1992 and MMORPGs since 2000, I can honestly say we have our first NON-WOW CLONE in 12 years, Funcom had the guts to say hell no, and create a game thats not the standard Whack a mole, grind for tokens BS that every MMO since EQ and WoW has been. Tera, RIFT, SWTOR are all SoS in a different wrapper.

TSW has everything from a storyline, to puzzles, riddles, exploration, and good old guns blazing and hack and slash.

NO ELVES!

All true. It makes the pathetic character creation and animations even more painful.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Game of the year in sold copies terms - no way. For me personally - definitely. I'm absolutely sure that GW2 beats all numbers in copies sold and people playing. Personally I hope that TSW can hook me for years and there will be a good community.

I also found no one in TSW wanted to group much but had not a single issue joining up and fighting in groups in GW2 right away.. GW2 is just put together more in a way to encourage people to play together.. TSW i soloed almost all of kingsmouth and didn't even see a reason to group up expect for the instance

This is a huge concern for me as well. This game seems to be a GREAT single player focused mmo (similar to SWTOR), that part is fun, fresh and addicting. Those of us who have played the beta will all agree and not deny that.

But what comes after that? When the content is all played out?

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I really liked the investigation quests, but they were only a small part of the actual game. I think the majority of the time in game was spent killing stationary mobs, which ended up being more annoying than fun, and a barrier to the content that I did enjoy.

The idea that there were no levels seemed like good PR rather than fact, given that gear was divided into tiers with certain stat ranges, and you earned AP and SP as you went along. I liked the ability wheel in concept, but in practice I didn't see much difference between the abilities from one weapon to another, but perhaps they become more fleshed out as you go along.

And finally I wonder about the longevity of content. I enjoyed the first zone but I wouldn't want to replay it. I haven't heard much about their content development plans, which is a must for me for a sub-based game.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I love TSW after only 3 days of playtest, its got alot of innovation and the gameplay to me is pretty damn fun.  I also think it has the best character system since Asherons Call but I doubt anything will be able to topple GW2 from eventual game of the year.  TSW will be a big sleeper hit in my opnion and a rousing success for TSW if they can fix all the known issues.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

TSW will without a doubt join funcom's other 2 mmo games as an F2P with options for sub sometime in 2014 give or take...

It is a fun game but if i know funcom that wont last long and those playing it will begin to jump ship within a few months leaving a shell of a game like other funcom products until it goes free with options...

I know everyone likes different things about different games but i am rarely ever wrong..

If you are thinking TSW will be the game of the year you must also think the game is launch ready, it aint happening..

Playing GW2..