Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'05 VMA's toinght -- here are the nominees

13»

Comments

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

aparently im in the minority i listen to ALL MUSIC. from rap to rock to jazz to classical.

doesnt matter what year big band, swing it all depends on my mood.

i guess its either rock or rap for most people here on this site.::::20::::::28::

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by hartam
    Originally posted by 9216544
    Bands that are totally revolved around the vocals should definately win awards! Instruments don't matter at all! ::::12::

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. It's people like you that make MTV the shape that it's in right now. Bow your head in shame.

I hope you knew that I was being sarcastic???

If you are then you are a HUGE hypocrite. You listen to THE KILLERS for god sakes! I could play any of the instrumental parts without even having the slightest bit of experience with the instrument itself.

Listen to some Dream Theater or Symphony X, they murder The Killers instrument-wise (and vocal).

Shut the F*** up. I hate how people saw two bands that I like on this site, and they automatically think I like shit music. I like Dream Theater, but I prefer Liquid Tension Experiment (which has members from DT incase you did not know), they are insane instrumentally.

Just because I had The Killers as my display doesn't mean that I don't like good music.

I'm not saying your shitty music is shit. You mentioned instruments and The Killers don't even need instruments for the stuff they do, which is hypocritical.

And don't say The Killers have good lyrics either. Just because you describe your freaking day doesn't mean you have to write a song about it.

"How did it end up like this
    It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
    Now I’m falling asleep
    And she’s calling a cab
    While he’s having a smoke
    And she’s taking a drag
    Now they’re going to bed
    And my stomach is sick
    And it’s all in my head
    But she’s touching his—chest
    Now, he takes off her dress
    Now, let me go"

I could have written that in 2 minutes. In conclusion, that's why your music sucks.

I was not about to say the killers have good lyrics, and I do not think I have ever seen that. And since you seem to know me so well and follow me around, you may know that several times I have went on here for music sugesstions. Asking for more heavy instrumentals/fast paced music. Well I found that genre, hardcore and prog. I was at a stage that I was becoming frustrated with music, hearing all this crap music on the radio and MTV, and even seeing my friends start to like shit like Fall Out Boy.

My music does not suck. If you want to know, here is some of my most favorite bands. The Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater, Life in Picuters, Children of Bodom ( I may seem them preform in November), At the Drive In.

And for you to first say "I'm not saying your shitty music is shit." and then you go on to say in the same post "In conclusion, that's why your music sucks." Hmm, that makes alot of sense.

Most of the bands I used to like were mainly because I grew up with them. I liked Blink 182 and Green Day because I can remember listening to them since 3rd grade, they just give me memories. But does that mean I listen to them constantly? No. In fact most of my old cds have went away into a stack in my closet, I don't want to destroy them, but I don't really even want them to be in my CD case.

• hartamhartam Member Posts: 364

I guess i can redeem someone for their sins. I thought you still listened to Blink 182. Because LTE and Blink 182 cannot co-exist together, the universe will cave in on itself.

• renstimpy99renstimpy99 Member Posts: 175
    I recommed David Hasselhof's music.