Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to go to a CoB Concert

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Well Children of Bodom are coming to phoenix to play in November, all my friends and I totally want to go, but my mom wants to hear about the band first. She said she could go on her website, but I dont want her doing that since they even call them selves Hatecrew and based on their site she would think they are some satanic band. I could give her my HateCrew DeathRoll cd, but I dont want her reading the lyrics and such.

So what should I do? My friend recomened just giving his mom the money and she can pay for it, then I can say im going to a friends house. One of my friends drives soon so he can drive down there. Argh I want to go insanely bad, just need to find a way.

Comments

• hartamhartam Member Posts: 364

1. Play another band when she listens.

2. Open up powertabs and haver her listen. When you hear just the guitar riffs and solo's it's actually classical music, especially Bed of Razors or Lake Bodom.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Hmm thats a pretty good idea. I also could just show her a fansite that doesn't have anything bad, and then do what you said about having her listen to anything else. I was going to have her look at the cd but it shows one of the band members with a shirt that says "smoke crack, worship satan." I dont think she would like that. ::::05::

Normally I would suggest saying you are going to see one of the other bands on the ticket, unfortunatley, they are Trivium and Amon Amarth. They are just as bad. With any luck, either of them might have an instrumental song, but I can't recall one.

I dont see why my mom is still so strict about cussing in music. I could see her getting bad about satanic lyrics, but CoB really doesn't seem to have direct messages to satanism. I don't even know if they are satanic.

I'm really physced to go though, I watched a video of Trivium play live and they seem to have alot of energy. Im downloading some CoB live preformances now.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by 9216544

Well Children of Bodom are coming to phoenix to play in November, all my friends and I totally want to go, but my mom wants to hear about the band first. She said she could go on her website, but I dont want her doing that since they even call them selves Hatecrew and based on their site she would think they are some satanic band. I could give her my HateCrew DeathRoll cd, but I dont want her reading the lyrics and such.
    So what should I do? My friend recomened just giving his mom the money and she can pay for it, then I can say im going to a friends house. One of my friends drives soon so he can drive down there. Argh I want to go insanely bad, just need to find a way.

back when I didn't have the means to drive myself there I'd just sneak out,

she's most likely not going to believe you're at a friend's house. Go to his house anyway and have him call your mom acting like his dad, saying that you guys have a huge project due tomorrow and needed to get to work on it asap.

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Just go. F*** what your mom says. Whats the worst she can do? Ground you? Heck you get to go atleast. Rebel a bit man!

• XavonXavon Member Posts: 334

REAL MEN HITCHHIKE!

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Depending on how much time you have and how much effort you want to put into it....

You could register a cheap domain name and make a "fake site" and have your mom browse that site. :)

Also, tell her they covered a Britney Spears song, because it's true.

I will just tell her im going to a friends house, then have my friend drop me off at home the next day. The only thing is that its in phoenix, which is two hours away from where I live. It won't matter as long as she doesn't know.