Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My god this game rocks!

2»

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Kehdar

Originally posted by Istavaan

Originally posted by Kehdar

I bought it for 44€, standard price like any other game, dunno what are you talking about.

on blizzards own site it's 59.99 euros

Yea like every game it cost a lot more on the official site, why would you buy it from them?

Because they are only ones distributing it digitally :(

^This

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by IAmMMO

Yes I imagine it does rock for the 12 to 16 year old world of warcraft targeted audience the Diablo IP left its roots for to go chase. For me this game is yet another reason why I  don't do Blizz games anymore since they merged with Activision. Enjoy your game kids!

awww somone needs a hug

• CometerCometer Member UncommonPosts: 28

I'm really enjoying this game.

I played the first Diablo back in the 90's and Diablo 2 .. Althought I didn't finish Diablo 2. Diablo 3 is just like what I remember from the Diablo 1 obviously  improved to current tech. But keeps the fun and dark enviroments.

It's good to be back to Tristram after all this years. The MP really takes this to the next level. It's a lot of fun being able to play this game with more people :P

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

*cough*

Bought the german game for €49 in the shop.

Put in the key and downloaded the english client ....

But it worked and still cheaper than just the download ... ahh the hoops we jump through :)

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's 9 am. Still haven't slept.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Been playing solo Wizard,  I have 2 followers so 3 man group .

But I can see how this is going to get super hard in hell mode . Some of the monsters teleport , had 1 box me in .  Had some close calls where Im kiting around praying for a health globe to drop etc .  Should use diamond skin I guess .

I havent rushed and explored every single brick so Im probably the slowest gamer in history lol.

• DrifytDrifyt Member UncommonPosts: 27

Originally posted by StarI

Originally posted by IAmMMO

Yes I imagine it does rock for the 12 to 16 year old world of warcraft targeted audience the Diablo IP left its roots for to go chase. For me this game is yet another reason why I  don't do Blizz games anymore since they merged with Activision. Enjoy your game kids!

awww somone needs a hug

I agree, Been playing all night and cant see where IAmMMO was coming from. This reeks of classic Diablo and then some. Its a great game so far.  Your loss i guess IAmMMO

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by obii

*cough*

Bought the german game for €49 in the shop.

Put in the key and downloaded the english client ....

But it worked and still cheaper than just the download ... ahh the hoops we jump through :)

Haha, off topic though, but do they still censor the German versions? Like green blood and stuff?

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Save yourself the cash just reinstall Diablo 2 its exactly the same game sans the in game gold seller mecca.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Sorrow

Save yourself the cash just reinstall Diablo 2 its exactly the same game sans the in game gold seller mecca.

Yes....

How about that ;)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Act 1 done in a record time of 6 hours and 40 minutes :p I did expore every corner and side quest.  Loving it so far will wait till later to do Act 2, waiting for friends to catchup.

It's not a walk over as a barb - I got into trouble quite a few times, though I was stacking magic find, potions to the rescue, never died though.

Oh a cool cinematic at the end.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Completely agree with the OP/thread title. It's the best game I've played in a long time. I think the last time I was this hooked, it was when Metal Gear 4 released and I played the thing as many hours as I could squeeze out of every day to play it incessantly and obsessively till I beat it. Now I've got a problem though... How do you stop playing with a game that has no real end, meant to replay it a lot? lol I'm screwed.

I'm bummed to hear all the problems other people are having though... I was hoping to see everyone enjoying it, honestly. It worked fine for me right at launch time last night. The login and website was definitely slow, but expectedly so imo for your typical online-required launch. It seemed to clear up pretty quick probably thanks to all the people that gave up quickly.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Yeh .. Only level 7 and the game is very fun.

The skill design is great. I am already switching skills based on the situation. Graphics and atmosphere is very well done. You can feel the polish in the game. Beat 99% of the games out there.
  • chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by Grailer

I knew it was going to be good but this is insanely fun . The more I play the better it gets .

playing a wizard ,  with better gear and spells the action is crazy fun.

Game of the year

Lol, you need to stop put the crack pipe down, not even close to or will ever be close to game of the year, it is easy mode crap. I been watching live streams all day and there are already level 60 groups doing Inferno mode dungeons, so for 60 dollars you get a game that can be completed in its hardest mode in under a couple days, then it is all about framing the same dungeons over and over again for the rest of your 60 dollars worth. I might buy this game in a month when it is only 19.99 and in the bargain bin cause everyone who got it on day one is already maxxed out all the characters they can make and are bored.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by chukekle1

I knew it was going to be good but this is insanely fun . The more I play the better it gets .

Game of the year

Lol, you need to stop put the crack pipe down, not even close to or will ever be close to game of the year, it is easy mode crap. I been watching live streams all day and there are already level 60 groups doing Inferno mode dungeons, so for 60 dollars you get a game that can be completed in its hardest mode in under a couple days, then it is all about framing the same dungeons over and over again for the rest of your 60 dollars worth. I might buy this game in a month when it is only 19.99 and in the bargain bin cause everyone who got it on day one is already maxxed out all the characters they can make and are bored.

Interesting, as all the news sites are saying the first person to clear the "normal" setting took 12 hours. And you claim there are "groups" of 60's farming inferno?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

Game of the year

lol. I thought the same thing. But it's a Blizzard product, it will be full price for a LOOOOOONG time. Even if it's fail.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Game of the Year.  No contest.  It's that good.  Haters gonna hate.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Im having a blast hacking shit apart in D3 with my barbarian. Never played D1 or 2, didnt have the patience back then was too busy partying when they came out. Fun game so far just got to level 10 and then the server came down for some emergency fixes lol. Atleast I can throw some laundry in now.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

The more I play the better it gets .

I agree 100% 

To bad I cant play right now- Better the game fixed then bugged or broke tho!

dam..... I need my D3 fix :O

Game of the year

4 hours sleep  isnt enough but I couldnt stop thinking about it .. back into it eating breakfast at computer while checking emails ..

enjoy watching live streams ALL DAY   I'll be playing live and loving every second of it :)

Ive played bout 6 hours and havent beat Act 1 yet . However Im going to play Barbarian since I found some really good weapons and my plan was to play Wiz & Barb at same time ..

What is amazing is I dont even look at my leveling bar and sometimes ive leveled and didnt even notice because I was busy beating the crap out of some ghouls or zombies etc .

Beaten ACT 2   - what a ride !

ACT 3 is a war .. waves upon waves of demons ... the game is pure evil .

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Let's stick to the topic at hand guys. If you'd like to discuss Blizzard's stance on mods please create a separate thread for it (but do not LINK to the mods).