Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xenonauts Kickstarter (UFO: Enemy Unknown remake)

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Campaign just released to polish the game: DEMO AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD (1GB):

Xenonauts Kickstarter Campaign

Strategic Planetary Defence simulator by Goldhawk International

xenonauts

Strategic Map: Take command of Earth's defense on the strategic map, building and managing bases across the globe. Deploy your interceptor aircraft to track and engage the alien craft as they appear, and research captured alien artifacts to unlock new battlefield technology and reveal the secrets of the alien menace!

Aerial Combat: Battle alien craft in fast paced pausable real-time air combat, with squadrons of up to three combatants on each side. With numerous different interceptors and over a dozen alien UFO types to battle, the air combat is a major addition to the old X-Com formula! 

Ground Combat: Control Xenonaut strike teams on ground missions in old-school turn-based combat! Arm your soldiers with a variety of weapons and tackle numerous types of aliens on the battlefield, each with unique abilities and posing a different challenge. Your troops are persistent and level up with time, assuming they live that long - the aliens are dangerous enemies and casualties are frequent!

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

DEMO AVAILABLE: Link @ Kickstarter site

Don't just take our word for it, though - you can download our latest development build at the link below and make your mind up for yourself:

Primary Download Link (Xenonauts.com)

Download Mirror #1 (Courtesy of a kind KS backer!)

Download Torrent (please seed once downloaded!)

There's still plenty of work to do done on the game, a lot to do with the interface and usability, but we hope it is advanced enough for you to see what we are shooting for for the final game!

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

It looks like crap compared to this upcoming game http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/index.php and I don't even have to help fund it

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

^There's 2 firaxis verisons I believe?

I followed various comments on these and not sure it's so clear cut as "looks". But the fact xcom has x3 remakes is probably a good thing.

Here's a youtube of xenonauts also:

Gamers Dissent (youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8KFfaQcnM

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Starpower

It looks like crap compared to this upcoming game http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/index.php and I don't even have to help fund it

The problem with todays gamers ;D

They are aiming for different direction than official "reimagine". I believe there is room for both and their goals are different...