Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard just lost a customer

Comments

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197

there is always tomorrow, its ok you wont play for 7 hours or so...like many other ppl since the servers are busy now, giving error 37

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Dude check your mail, I sent you a guess key so you can still join in with your friends, worry about the stupid box and game key latter.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Originally posted by dinos_21

Originally posted by mWo4life

Originally posted by Painlezz

Also, why didn't you buy digital from Battle.net like a normal person!?

And why would u buy digital version? Box version is $10 cheaper than digital version, at least in Australia. Digital version on billizard website costs $79.95 AUD, while box version in JB HI-FI only $69 AUD. 

because these extra 10$ for digital copy saves you the headache of you not being able to find your CD key and also makes you laugh when you read threads like this one.

[mod edit]

[mod edit] it's midnight, I went back the store was locked.  I had to knock on the glass for a couple minutes just to get them to even come to the door just so they could tell me their computers are off and they can't do shit.  I'll admit I'm 19, I work for 10.50 an hour, I'm going to college, I don't have money.  I can't post on the official forums for help because I don't own their games.  I can't file a ticket because the service is not available.  I can't call them.  This is the only damn thing I can do

brick + window + swap the box = win

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by redcap036

Dude check your mail, I sent you a guess key so you can still join in with your friends, worry about the stupid box and game key latter.

I have 3 of my own guest keys.  I can't play with retail accounts on a guest account.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by neorandom

Originally posted by dinos_21

Originally posted by mWo4life

Originally posted by Painlezz

Also, why didn't you buy digital from Battle.net like a normal person!?

And why would u buy digital version? Box version is $10 cheaper than digital version, at least in Australia. Digital version on billizard website costs $79.95 AUD, while box version in JB HI-FI only $69 AUD. 

because these extra 10$ for digital copy saves you the headache of you not being able to find your CD key and also makes you laugh when you read threads like this one.

P.S i bet you the person you started it is 15-17 years old thats why instead of taking it back and getting a new one, he didnt think and he said "oh lets sart a BS thread instead of doing smthing about it"

Hey jackass, it's midnight, I went back the store was locked.  I had to knock on the glass for a couple minutes just to get them to even come to the door just so they could tell me their computers are off and they can't do shit.  I'll admit I'm 19, I work for 10.50 an hour, I'm going to college, I don't have money.  I can't post on the official forums for help because I don't own their games.  I can't file a ticket because the service is not available.  I can't call them.  This is the only damn thing I can do

brick + window + swap the box = win

Don't even know how close to happening that was.....

Yes I played SWTOR.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by neorandom

Originally posted by trash656

Too the ones giving this guy shit because he didnt find the CD in the box. You guys are a pack of socially retarded, selfish morons. If the same thing happind to you. You would be just as pissed off.

Idiots...

[mod edit]

Yeah well in the real mature world I don't think most us would do that in the first place because after doing that then the police would put you in jail after beating the clerk tih a tire iron. See thats why I don't go by IQ I go by a persons common sense.

Cheers,

-Trash

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

they just lost another longtime customer with me.

after 1h of gameplay i get desynced from server because i put a shield on my templer follower as a demon hunter. BAM error 3006 good luck with that motherfucker!

7 hours later all we get is lame excuses from D3 forum mods.

the funny thing is..this bug was reported several times during beta and ppl say it was fixed so it looks liek they patched it in again!

the most epic fail of them all.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Again Hauvarn sorry to hear about that. I hope you get it delt with tommorow. Sorry about all the immature kids here. I think most of them are mentally ill or don't have any sociali skills with no friends or life. Thats why I don't use this site much. About 40% are incapable of anything intellectual.

Best to just contect support directly. Dealing with the idiots on this site is like trying to speak logic to a 9 year old.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

So many whiners defending Blizzard and blaming the OP on here, technically it is the responcibility of Blizzard if the Product didn't have a CD key as they are the first link in the chain and are also the ones who provide the CD keys for products in the first place. Over here in UK we have a great system to solve when a shop refuses to do anything about a faulty product (other than the fact that new games come sealed in first place) and that is a simple phrase to the store manager, Trading standards...

It is the responcibility of the store to provide a product as it should be unless otherwise clearly marked, the store replaces any product purchased that is damaged or missing contents, they then contact their supplier to get a replacement or refund (after they have satisfied the customer), who in turn contact the distributor and so on and so forth.

I've only had to return a product once for missing contents and the store was happy to give me a replacement there and then as they know it's the customers right to receive what they pay for.

Wether or not the OP was daft to buy a blizzard product has nothing to do with things, neither does him/her going through trouble of getting money for it. It starts and ends with the stores responcibilities to it's customers in this case, the rest is between the store and it's suppliers.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Originally posted by redcap036

I have 3 of my own guest keys.  I can't play with retail accounts on a guest account.

Yep i should have thought about that, you already having your own guess pass keys, but you can still use one and then upgrade it latter to full version when you get your retail key sortted, least you can still join in for now up until the end of act one.

Then tomorrow get your key sorrted when the stores open and there computer is on.

just an idea.

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Thralia

after 1h of gameplay i get desynced from server because i put a shield on my templer follower as a demon hunter. BAM error 3006 good luck with that motherfucker!

the funny thing is..this bug was reported several times during beta and ppl say it was fixed so it looks liek they patched it in again!

But you're still going to play their game.

yeah he just spent 60 dollars on it.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by Antaran

So many whiners defending Blizzard and blaming the OP on here, technically it is the responcibility of Blizzard if the Product didn't have a CD key as they are the first link in the chain and are also the ones who provide the CD keys for products in the first place. Over here in UK we have a great system to solve when a shop refuses to do anything about a faulty product (other than the fact that new games come sealed in first place) and that is a simple phrase to the store manager, Trading standards...

It is the responcibility of the store to provide a product as it should be unless otherwise clearly marked, the store replaces any product purchased that is damaged or missing contents, they then contact their supplier to get a replacement or refund (after they have satisfied the customer), who in turn contact the distributor and so on and so forth.

I've only had to return a product once for missing contents and the store was happy to give me a replacement there and then as they know it's the customers right to receive what they pay for.

Wether or not the OP was daft to buy a blizzard product has nothing to do with things, neither does him/her going through trouble of getting money for it. It starts and ends with the stores responcibilities to it's customers in this case, the rest is between the store and it's suppliers.

game stop employees are known for opening boxes stealing contents resealing plastic and then selling.  then they post the stuff on ebay to sell.

Again Hauvarn sorry to hear about that. I hope you get it delt with tommorow. Sorry about all the immature kids here. I think most of them are mentally ill or don't have any sociali skills with no friends or life. Thats why I don't use this site much. About 40% are incapable of anything intellectual.

Best to just contect support directly. Dealing with the idiots on this site is like trying to speak logic to a 9 year old.

Yeah I'm on hold with them right now, I've been going to the gamestop for years now and the manager knows my face.  Hopefully they won't make a big deal about it.  I guess I'm just gonna sit cause I'm too angry to sleep.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by Thralia

had to get my ce preorder on walmart who ships slower then amazon, but now i dont even mind, since when it comes tomorro odds are itll be 100x more playable hehe.

Yeah I'm on hold with them right now, I've been going to the gamestop for years now and the manager knows my face.  Hopefully they won't make a big deal about it.  I guess I'm just gonna sit cause I'm too angry to sleep.

i still say a tire iron to the head does wonders.  ps its only a crime if you leave witnesses or bodies.

no body no murder.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Except the fault doesn't lie with blizzard, his anger was directed at the wrong people. That is what caused the whole thread explosion. The best advice was given earlier in the thread.

Your own good advice, if I may add. That, or buy it online from Blizzard directly.

In this case, Blizzard has nothing to do with it. Even if the key wasn't stolen and wasn't in the case in the first place, then still the problem lies with Gamestop. The OP has no real deal with Blizzard here, except when he registers the CD key on their site. The OP has bought the game from Gamestop, at home he found out that it had no CD key. Blaming Blizzard won't help, because he hasn't bought the game from them, but from Gamestop. Big difference, which is also the main reason why the title makes no sense (should be "Gamestop just lost a customer") and his rage is misdirected.

Except the fault doesn't lie with blizzard, his anger was directed at the wrong people. That is what caused the whole thread explosion. The best advice was given earlier in the thread.

Sit and twiddle my thumbs? cool adivce.  I just got jipped 65$ and thats not easy for me to get.

Yes I played SWTOR.

drink 2 bottles of nyquil and play in the morning, 3 days from now when you wake up.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Well to look on the bright side you probably wouldn't be playing right now even if you did have a key. Servers are melting.

Sit and twiddle my thumbs? cool adivce.  I just got jipped 65$ and thats not easy for me to get.

Actually you should get some sleep and handle it in the morning with a clear head. Jumping into this type of situation with anger and an attitude doesn't help you. Like you said, you supposedly work in the morning. This should never have been an option to begin with.

Really? I've been waiting for diablo 3 for years, I didn't mind going into work a little tired from getting some play time in.  In fact I paid 5$ extra just to do it.  I can't sleep, It's heavy on my mind.  If gamestop decides to screw me over I won't have the money to buy this game for a very long time. It's like they just snatched my dreams from me. 

Yes I played SWTOR.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

*quotes*

Really? I've been waiting for diablo 3 for years, I didn't mind going into work a little tired from getting some play time in.  In fact I paid 5$ extra just to do it.  I can't sleep, It's heavy on my mind.  If gamestop decides to screw me over I won't have the money to buy this game for a very long time. It's like they just snatched my dreams from me. 

I feel you. I only played a few hours this morning, but it will be hours still, of (now) boring work before I can play again. In the event that (for example and may the dark gods prevent it) my PC explodes, I would feel pretty hopeless too.

On the bright side though, you upped your post amount here pretty nicely image

Originally posted by MikkelB

*quotes*

I feel you. I only played a few hours this morning, but it will be hours still, of (now) boring work before I can play again. In the event that (for example and may the dark gods prevent it) my PC explodes, I would feel pretty hopeless too.

On the bright side though, you upped your post amount here pretty nicely image

I could care less about my post count on this forum anymore, I found out why mmo communities suck so bad.  

Also just found out gamestop doesn't even open till 10:00 A.M. 

Yes I played SWTOR.

Epilogue - the store manager sat on hold with blizzard for an hour in-store for them to just tell him there is nothing they can do. 

He returned my copy and gave me a new one.  Also got a free poster and was offered a display box. Had to call in sick for work but luckily I don't work at a major corporate chain so my boss didn't mind letting me off a day.  Still I sat on hold for four hours with nothing until gamestop opened and waited another hour before it was resolved.  Major head-ache all around and wizened me up to never buy a physical copy again.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Diptard6969

L:ike the poster above me. Blizzard has no control of the boxes once theya re shipped out. Your problem is most likely with an employee of where you bought it from. NExt time by digital.

I'm just never gonna buy blizzard shit again.  I'm pissed and need to vent

I ended up purchasing the box as well and will check today when I pick it up to see if there is a key.

However, it really isn't a Blizzard issue so much as the company that packaged the product. Possibly someone opened it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Oh come now.  Let's be reasonable.  I think we've all been around for game releases long enough, no?  My bet is that an employee of the store you bought it from took the key out before selling it to you.  And now you blame Blizzard?  Actually sit back and relax for a moment.  My goodness, you didn't get to play with your friends directly after launch.  It is not the end of the world.  Go return the copy and have them physically check the box that they give to you to make sure that the CD key is there. 

Today's youth!  Sheesh!