Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Already sad!

SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

I'm already sad. The beta is going to end soon. I'm having soo much fun... This game can't release too soon.. I'm like a 10 year old again.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I came to the same coclusion, this is a game for 10 year old kids. I am kind of sad too, because the game underperformed on my system, and now i eed to spend money on a new system, strangely TSW despite it higher detailed graphics performed wy better then GW2.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I came to the same coclusion, this is a game for 10 year old kids

How is that the same conclusion?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I came to the same coclusion, this is a game for 10 year old kids. I am kind of sad too, because the game underperformed on my system, and now i eed to spend money on a new system, strangely TSW despite it higher detailed graphics performed wy better then GW2.

I'm sure you know the game is CPU bound a this point. If you want to improve your system now, then that's your decision, not something you need to do.

On the game being for 10 year olds, you got that from the OP?

imageimage
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Wait until the game is optimized, TSWs engine is the same as AoCs so it already performs pretty well, but if you remember when AoC got out it were pretty bad and it was 10 times worse in the beta.

Heck, maxing out GW2 might take more than maxing out TSW but we can´t now that now and you shouldn't buy a new rig to perform well in the 1-4 more beta tests that is left.

OCing your CPU helps somewhat though.

• mastersam21mastersam21 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Dont buy anything yet. it's a stress test they want it to run like shit so they know what need to be optimized.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

*giggles* Bachus, you really are asking for it there, that you are.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

I haven't gotten to login today yet, but during the BWE I played the entire weekend maxed out and didn't have any issues.  I've seen people with cpu specs similar to mine say they had lag/fps problems, I've seen people with lesser computers say they didn't.  I don't know what to say other than it varied a lot.  Ran like a top for me so I was thrilled.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Been PvP'ing my ass off. Hated the Necro last beta, but discovered the Axe burst damage build and loving it. Got some new Rank 1 PvP Axes. Shame it will be wiped eventually.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

The bad performance is still there, i was in Lion Arc with like 5 players, and still the fps was just bad. Played TSW with Full settings and the perfermance was amazing for a Beta, and TSW have more detailed graphics than gw2. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by hikaru77

The bad performance is still there, i was in Lion Arc with like 5 players, and still the fps was just bad. Played TSW with Full settings and the perfermance was amazing for a Beta, and TSW have more detailed graphics than gw2. 

I was doing a centaur DE with about 10 people around me casting and I had no problem whatsover.

And what exactly is more detailed in TSW?It definately is not the characters as GW2 characters I found quite a bit more detailed, I could see the hairs of my characters beard and mustache practically,where as my TSW characters beard looked like he had mud smeared on his face.

As far as TSW's world I didnt go too far in it but the town you started out in didnt look all that detailed to me, no where near what I saw in Divinity's Reach.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Meele still getting annihilated in big events. Disappointed unfortunately.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I hope this is just in preparation for a full BWE at end of month.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Yea the performance is still pretty horrible. I have a beast system, runs FFXIV max settings flawlessly, still getting lag during events and just in general. Thats what beta is for though.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by mastersam21

Dont buy anything yet. it's a stress test they want it to run like shit so they know what need to be optimized.

Lets clarrify, what they want to test is the network and the ability for the servers to withstand the load. Actually graphical performance on screen is local side not related to the server. Graphical lag is local as well, though its pretty easy to mix that up with in game lag.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Asheram

I was doing a centaur DE with about 10 people around me casting and I had no problem whatsover.

And what exactly is more detailed in TSW?It definately is not the characters as GW2 characters I found quite a bit more detailed, I could see the hairs of my characters beard and mustache practically,where as my TSW characters beard looked like he had mud smeared on his face.

As far as TSW's world I didnt go too far in it but the town you started out in didnt look all that detailed to me, no where near what I saw in Divinity's Reach.

pretty much this, TSW towns lack.. well character.. they lack the little things that make it seem like a real place. It just has streets and buildings, stationary NPCs and very little of them and they have nothing to say.. in fact they look more like mannequins.. oh and who has seen the tattooed guy that looks like his tattoo are sidewalk chalk drawings by a 5 yr old in the dragon starting sequence?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Was a good eperience for me, my system handled the game well, I know it will improve by the games final release so im not going to buy any upgrades :)

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

strangely TSW despite it higher detailed graphics performed wy better then GW2.

It might be because GW2 has probably 3 times the people testing it...if not more.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by Asheram

pretty much this, TSW towns lack.. well character.. they lack the little things that make it seem like a real place. It just has streets and buildings, stationary NPCs and very little of them and they have nothing to say.. in fact they look more like mannequins.. oh and who has seen the tattooed guy that looks like his tattoo are sidewalk chalk drawings by a 5 yr old in the dragon starting sequence?

This. Tsw looks dated and clumsy to me, and it also plays much worse on my rig than Gw2, but in betas mileage does vary quite easily.
  • ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Originally posted by Loke666

Wait until the game is optimized, TSWs engine is the same as AoCs so it already performs pretty well, but if you remember when AoC got out it were pretty bad and it was 10 times worse in the beta.

Heck, maxing out GW2 might take more than maxing out TSW but we can´t now that now and you shouldn't buy a new rig to perform well in the 1-4 more beta tests that is left.

OCing your CPU helps somewhat though.

Wierd... on my computer GW2 performs 100 times better than TSW did 0.o when I maxed everything in TSW I got a load of lag spikes, frame drop, etc. While GW2 on max, run as smooth as any other game allready released... Not saying that you're wrong, just that I find it weird that I'm having the opposite problem :P

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

gw2 is cpu bound at this point, guys. you really shouldn't be worrying or comparing it to tsw.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by atticusbc

gw2 is cpu bound at this point, guys. you really shouldn't be worrying or comparing it to tsw.

good thing i got a sandybridge ruuning at almost 5Ghz game runs great for me:) but yea hopefully more optimizations will come before launch

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GalaxyzGalaxyz Member Posts: 22

well I guess the testing is over? just dc'ed and can't come back..

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

me too surprisingly that was my first boot

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by sacredfool

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

*giggles* Bachus, you really are asking for it there, that you are.

No, no, you misunderstood him, what he meant to say was GW2 was full of people acting like 10 year olds.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Charlizzard

I hope this is just in preparation for a full BWE at end of month.

It is.  They said this wasn't in place of the regular BWE, so it was really just a perk (for me anyway).  I had no huge issues.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club