Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roleplaying in a Virtual World?

lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

Lately, I have been pondering the kind of roleplaying in a virtual world that allows for a great deal more social interaction than any MMO or MUD allows for currently.  I am slowly making up such a world in my head, one that allows for playable dragons (I have a thing for playing as a dragon).  

In the story I have posted in my blog, I am telling the tale of my fictional dragon character planning to take an artifact from a trade between two cities.  The stakes are high, and my character also defines some of the game rules used in this world. In part 1 of this story, he is untimely interrupted by a girl who has her own plans...

This is my first story of this world, and I am planning on making followups to more fully flesh out this world and tell new tales.  The link is in my signature, have a read!

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

Comments

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Dragon --------> thesecretworld
  • lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553
    I am not sure if anyone is actually reading this, though my post has views, but hey, I posted the second part to my story!

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• gomiller43gomiller43 Member Posts: 23

Why playable dragons is an awful idea:

Dragons are more sentient than they have been made out to be since D&D 1st edition came out. But what comes with that is their power and infailable witt. There's a reason they're the most iconic bad ass creatures in the world of fantasy rpgs. They're frickin gods. If you want to play a dragon, you might as well let people play angels, demons, demigods, gods, cousins of gods, you name it.

However, if you want to put in a dragon humanoid race (i.e. Dragonborn from D&D 3rd-4th Edition) have at it. They'll have some distinct advantages but you can level them out by giving similar doses of power to the other races.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

There was a game that you could play as a dragon, it failed becouse the whole server were dragons lol. But still a nice decent game at its time.