Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the Mystic class?

Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Hey i plan on giving this game a shot some time early next week. Ive been reading up on the classes and Mystic appeals most to me.

How is this class? How does it solo? Is it good in pvp? Is it desirable for grouping?

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I have like...a level 23 mystic and its pretty fun.  You have a skill that gives a huge mana regen bonus as long as enemies dont attack you and you dont attack enemies.  Usually means infinite healing without worrying about mana.  Ummm....Solos ok I guess.  I was able to solo BAMs  well enough with it. 

For healing dungeons I just chillax and heal n stuff while summoning the ranged summon to attack or just cast poisons on enemies.

Also, make an elin.  Elins get the most hate in game. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It's a good class, their heals may not be as great as priests but they have great buffing abilities later on in the game, they also get some summons which keeps them a little more interesting and the mana/hp orbs.

Unlike priest they also get a blink similar to sorcs which provides pretty good survivability, as for dps, it's really low but you should be fine as theirs lots of people to party with if you really want to. 

So yes at max level mystics are desirable for grouping as their crit buff is amazing and they can heal just fine, in PvP they have better survivability in my opinion but less powerful heals, all in all a good class no doubt.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

that blink ability every 10 seconds, with a chance to instantly refresh up to 3 times, it's by far the funnest ability i found in this game. especially since dodging attacks is the main way to avoid damage in this game.

predicting where a mystic will blink to is almost impossibe, since the mystic blinks where his camera is pointing and not in the way he is facing.

dropping orbs is kinda gay, makes you feel kinda like a reproducing chicken......but the blinking is so damn fun.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

that blink ability every 10 seconds, with a chance to instantly refresh up to 3 times, it's by far the funnest ability i found in this game. especially since dodging attacks is the main way to avoid damage in this game.

predicting where a mystic will blink to is almost impossibe, since the mystic blinks where his camera is pointing and not in the way he is facing.

dropping orbs is kinda gay, makes you feel kinda like a reproducing chicken......but the blinking is so damn fun.

Its not up to 3 time, its all pure luck. One mystic in our guild record of constant teleport is 12 time in a row, it sjust 30% chance of refreash eeach time if you glyph it.

Mystic is better for PvE because of their buff, end game dungeon is lot of dps race so mystic are good. Priest are better in large pvp because you need those heals to keep up with the spike dmgs.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Thanks for the input guys.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

A few things you need to know about Mystic vs Priest. 

IMO a good group that always plays together will always prefer a mystic over a priest.  Priest are good for parties that are not very good (lacking gear / skill) and will need the burst heals that they provide.  A good group will takes less damage and will prefer the mystic because they have better group buffs.

Another thing to remember is priest do far better DPS than a mystic does, so its going to be much easier for the priest to solo.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

played my mystic upto 27 in cb's, it is a fun class if dont mind doing absolutelty no damage, since you get what.. 3-4 attacks.. but healing with it is funner then priest in my mind. chicken eggs + direct heals. what more do you want..