Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aoc?gw2?

2»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Bjelar

There will def not be any emoicons for the disapointment I will feel if GW2 isn't worth the box fee :p

Honestly, I think Anet should be a bit more fair about this and offer some kind of free trial.  A friend of mine who is not an MMO player is interested in the game but doesn't want to commit 60 bucks to it without knowing if she'll be any good at it or even like it.  Once it's released, I hope they do this so that people can see whether or not the price will be justified.  Until now, it seems the only way is to either buy the game or hope to be in a beta.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by jtcgs

Originally posted by Method01

Originally posted by vojkan95

I was playing Age Of Conan  till 20 level  , i was barbarian and i had alot of fun .... now i dont have main mmorpg so is it worth geting back to AoC  or wait for Guild Wars 2 ? If there is some one who played gw2 beta and AoC  can tell me where he had more fun ? ty :)

trollolol

Exactly...seems to have been successful.

What do you mean? This is one of the most sober threads I've read on this forum involving AoC... Yes, doesn't say a lot, I know, but still...

• bakedpotatobakedpotato Member Posts: 27

No no to AoC. Guild Wars 2 looks great, AND no fee, or may that and The Secret World if you want to pay for one. I've tried re-playing AoC and just could never get back into it after level 30 or so, just kinda goes nowhere.

The Secret World Beta Weekend Screenshots and Review at Bird Eats Worm!

• TotTWriterTotTWriter Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by Bjelar

There will def not be any emoicons for the disapointment I will feel if GW2 isn't worth the box fee :p

Honestly, I think Anet should be a bit more fair about this and offer some kind of free trial.  A friend of mine who is not an MMO player is interested in the game but doesn't want to commit 60 bucks to it without knowing if she'll be any good at it or even like it.  Once it's released, I hope they do this so that people can see whether or not the price will be justified.  Until now, it seems the only way is to either buy the game or hope to be in a beta.

I would be surpried if there isn't a form of trial period once the game has been released. Getting into the beta with pre-purchase is nice, but the beta weekend event I got access to that way was a real beta, with bugs anda reporting system and problems which were being fixed over the weekend. It also looks like they're implementing changes - there were things which I hadn't seen in press beta videos, so this is a game still in development. 

It makes sense to limit access at this stage, but there will almost certainly be a try before you buy when the game is post release and the content there is "finished" (as much as asny MMO is ever finished).

As for AoC, I haven't played it myself, but since it's free you may a well give it a go. GW2 isn't releasing in the next month or so, so it won't take up part of your monthly limit if you want to DL both.

Reality Bites. I'm only Barking