Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there a LFRaid tool?

shr4pnelshr4pnel Member UncommonPosts: 99

I know there's a LFDungeon tool but I've done all the dungeons when I was leveling (did them 3x as I had 3 max charcters). However, I've only been in a raid one time and we didn't even finish Greenscale's. I'm thinking of coming back (my sub has expired for more than 6 months now) and only a LFRaid tool will make me re-sub.

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Not really. That is also a tad bit riducoul to narrow a mmo so much because you automatically lock yourself into WoW and only WoW. As of what 6 months ago WoW did not even have a LFR tool.

LFR tool in WoW has further served to destroy guild based structures in mmo's. They threw everything + the kitchen sink at subs this last quarter, but it is very obvious that Blizzard is trying to kill off 10+ man raiding guilds.

There is a looking for guild tool and they do them ALOT, especially when it comes to the tier 1 raids. If anything just transfer to Deepwood because they pug the things all the time.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

it's called /meridian

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Puremallace

Not really. That is also a tad bit riducoul to narrow a mmo so much because you automatically lock yourself into WoW and only WoW. As of what 6 months ago WoW did not even have a LFR tool.

LFR tool in WoW has further served to destroy guild based structures in mmo's. They threw everything + the kitchen sink at subs this last quarter, but it is very obvious that Blizzard is trying to kill off 10+ man raiding guilds.

Incorrect.  This has nothing to do with WoW trying to restructure their raids or kill of the small raiding guilds.  The LFR tool was simply a way for casual players who aren't normally able to raid to see raid content that they wouldn't normally be able to see.  That's all.  The raid bosses that you encounter from the LFR tool in WoW are dumbed down to make it easier for pugs raids to accomplish.  

WoW isn't trying to kill off small raiding guilds.  If they were they'd make the LFR boss drops the same as a regular 10 man raid.  They aren't.  The gear that drops out of the LFR runs isn't as good as those from regular raids, although you still get the set bonuses for it.  

Again, the reason for the LFR tool in WoW was simply to allow players who don't normally get access to raid content to experience it on an easier level.  

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

There are regular raid Pugs that raid HK 1 day a week at the same time on most servers.  You should be able to do at elast 10/11 hk with a pug if not 11/11.  The problem with an hk pug is the time.  With a good core you cna do it all in a pug in 3 hours but mroe than likely you will need a second day to kill all 11 bosses.  GSB, RoS, DH and GP  Pugs are less relaible but you can find them pretty easily listening to 50 chat.  RoTP pugs are bit harder to find as you need better players but it is still puggable. I have not sen any pugs for ID but the 1st boss and minis are so easy that a raid that does HK should not have a problem.

If you are looking for Pug raids I would suggest Faeblight as it is one of the most active and friendly servers.  People seem more forgiving and nicer to newer and less expereinced players than other servers have I raided on.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Again, the reason for the LFR tool in WoW was simply to allow players who don't normally get access to raid content to experience it on an easier level.  

GUILDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I was there ok. Raiding guilds in WoW were not recruiting and where being pricks to anyone who did apply. Now 10man drops the same as 25man, LFR can be done 2-3 more quick then normal, and they are pushing more 5 and 10man content in MoP.

20+ man Organized raiding is dying from every game being released to even Rift. All the raiding guilds in Rift do is bitch and moan. Do not be surpised if Trion takes the same path and starts dropping more open world and 10man content.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by RebelScum99

GUILDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I was there ok. Raiding guilds in WoW were not recruiting and where being pricks to anyone who did apply. Now 10man drops the same as 25man, LFR can be done 2-3 more quick then normal, and they are pushing more 5 and 10man content in MoP.

20+ man Organized raiding is dying from every game being released to even Rift. All the raiding guilds in Rift do is bitch and moan. Do not be surpised if Trion takes the same path and starts dropping more open world and 10man content.

I played WoW since just after launch, so I have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about.  Maybe you were on a bad server with elitist guilds, but once again...the LFR tool was NOT designed to get rid of small raiding guilds.  That's just stupid.  

10 main raids drop the same as 25 man raids...but 25 man raids drop MORE, so there is still an advantage to doing them. And OF COURSE LFR can be done more quickly than normal.  If you bothered reading my above post it explains how they are dumbed down, and why.   And the gear that drops is NOT comparable to normal raids.   They are simply there to make it easier for players who don't normally get to see raid content to see it.  That's it.