Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG UK

cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131
hi just wondering if anyone from the uk who has an import of swg can tell me how it runs? does playing off the us servers hurt your performance? lag etc? i cant wait till dec to play the game image

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Yes playing from UK have no problems.

No lag here at all bit of a drag in very crowded places but very minimal and my brother has no lag at all anywhere but he is using a ti4600 so guess it is not the connection but rather depends on your card.

Billing is easy takes any visa/mastercard.

There is a VAT on monthly subsription  but thats not SoE fault rather fault of EU laws( hmm someday i will see what UK actually gains from been in the EU).

Can buy imported version in UK.Good places are play.com and gameplay.co.uk.However i hear these sell out fast .

Try dvdboxoffice.com they are in canada but free shipment  and usually cheap.

Or if you don't want to wait 1 week for it to come from canada try  www.sps-systems.co.uk. this guys are uberfast takes 2 days to get it  and have ok prices.

If you are looking for a server with a lot of europeans then you want eclipse.I personally play mostly on shadowfire with a char called darf moo  because eclipse is totally full sometimes meaning you can't get in.

Since all SWG servers are well populated most times of day you will always find a crowd around no matter what time zone you play.

But a lot of the inital europeans to join the game play on eclipse

My brother plays chilastra which has a very friendly crowd on a char called coltt blaster.Probabaly a nice server for you to start on and he plays SWG much more then me so if you pick this server give him a tell mate.

Welcome to SWG and hope to see you ingame.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Thx for all the info, il get the game ordered and hopefully be paying asap image

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Np  give me a tell or my brother we are always happy to see an english face.