Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gullibility Factor test

RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

I scored a 95.  Watch as the truth is revealed.

http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Comments

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627
    97 here..  Some of those were obvious, however, I did guess on a couple of them...
  • patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

I got a 37 lol, looks like im a bit more gullable then i thought.

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271

I scored a 76

"If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one."

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031
    Funny thing about that test, it inflates the truth equally if not more then the news media.  Not a reputable site at all.  For every study that's proved there'll be another studie too disprove it.  I think people are beginning to forget the purpose of Science.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

i scored 52. basically, whoever gives me more money i belive =D

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I love when people distort things that should not relate to politicals at all. After you take the test you should read what they have to say about each question. They even have links to politcally biased websites.

I really enjoyed this:

FALSE. American history, as taught to American schoolchildren, is more a collection of lies and distortions than actual history. From Columbus to the Vietnam War, politically correct American history consistently paints Americans in a glorious light while ignoring shocking accounts of actual historical events. Read, "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn to learn real, uncensored American history.

I know that American hasn't been the rolemodel over the years, but overall I think we have done a pretty good job. All countries have their stories of good deeds and bad ones. Well we are here today, and we live in the best countrie, in my opinion of course.

Here is another good one: I love the linking to the political biased websites.

In freer countries like the United States, this is achieved through indirect influence over the media. To learn alternative information the U.S. media usually censors, visit Truthout.org or The Memory Hole.

Linkage to another site, one that supposably knows the true "raw story" of what happens in Iraq:

FALSE. The first casualty of war is, of course, the truth. The U.S. media, both liberal and conservative, deeply distort war news by primarily relying on Pentagon reports that use a variety of distortions and linguistic tricks to keep Americans misinformed about actual events in Iraq. Solders wounded in Iraq who later die in European hospitals, for example, are never counted as Iraq war casualties. U.S. helicopters are never "shot down," they are always reported as merely crashing. U.S. missiles never kill innocent women and children, they merely cause "collateral damage." Iraqi men defending their homes are not described as freedom fighters defending themselves against occupying invaders, they are called terrorists and insurgents who engage in cowardly suicide bombings. To read the real story of what's happening in Iraq, visit sites like RawStory.com

About the Japanese bombings. Yes Japan probably was about to surrender, but it seems that the US bombed them to teach them a lesson after Pearl Harbor and WWII. I do not know alot about WWII, but that is the way it comes across:

In 1945, the U.S. dropped two atomic bombs on civilian populations in Japan in order to force Japan's surrender and "save a million lives."
    FALSE. Although this was the "official" history taught to U.S. schoolchildren, we now know that the U.S. dropped nuclear bombs on an essentially defeated Japan. Japan was, in fact, attempting to initiate surrender negotiations even before the bombs were dropped. The primary purpose of bombing Japan was to demonstrate to the Soviet Union that the United States not only had nuclear weapons, but was willing to use them, thus cementing America's nuclear stance during the ramp-up to the Cold War. This explanation, of course, remains highly debatable, but the fact remains that even U.S. military leaders estimated no more than 50,000 Americans would be lost in a D-Day style assault on Japan. It's a huge number of lives, yes, but nowhere near one million. The two nuclear bombs, by the way, killed at least 200,000 Japanese civilians.

I 100% agree on this statement on ADHD:

FALSE. This so-called disease is entirely fictitious and has no measurable physiological basis whatsoever. Hyperactivity in children is actually caused primarily by poor nutritional habits (consumption of refined sugars and food coloring) and can be easily corrected in less than two weeks by taking children off all refined carbohydrates and food additives. The ADHD "disease" was invented to sell drugs and boost the power of the highly corrupt psychiatric community, which increasingly "discovers" fictitious diseases and treats them with mind-altering narcotics. To learn more, visit the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.

Seems like everything we read these days has to be politcally biased, and the test is labled "The Gullability Factor Test." image

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

I do have several of my own religous beliefs (Not going to discuss it here or likely anywhere else, just stating somethign relevant to the end-quiz description). Yes, several question and descriptions struck me as....very odd and disturbing...im aggreeing with Betrayal-X on that this site isnt reputable at ALL.

(IMHO It looks alot like a conspiracy theorist site, and I hate anyone of that sort)

Edit: And if our forefathers saw what our political systems are like today, they would have likely banned political parties, who knows.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• cryoracryora Member Posts: 367

it says it is offered for entertainment purposes only

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Im not sure whether Im happy with that or not... but I knew enough answers to stay arrogant about my intelligence image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

97. ::::20::

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Betrayal-X
    Funny thing about that test, it inflates the truth equally if not more then the news media.  Not a reputable site at all.  For every study that's proved there'll be another studie too disprove it.  I think people are beginning to forget the purpose of Science.

I think you need to elaborate. Exactly which point(s) did you disagree with?

• Cheeseman162Cheeseman162 Member Posts: 231

82 a little on the disappointed side. I am pretty sure the American history taught to me was correct. Though a little skepticism is always welcome I guess. Also when it said many military tacticians counted a potential casualty rate of about 20,000 on the first D-Day of Japan's mainland, many others believe we could have had over a million casualties in the mainland campaign. Notice also how the site said 20,000 on the D-Day like assault, not on the entire campaign.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

• cryoracryora Member Posts: 367

are you allowed to do research while taking that test?

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by cryora
    are you allowed to do research while taking that test?

Ok, you failed the test automatically.

:)

• Fantom18Fantom18 Member Posts: 296

I scored a 43 but I thought some of those questions are bogus, like the cows getting fed chicken poop and even tho they get fed chicken poo they dont get fed household pets, so they were partly wrong on that question. And the Silver fillings thingy, I have fillings and they are silver in color so thats wut I thought they were talkin about.

-F18

It is sad that someone would cut off their ability to meet a good portion of the world because of their ignorance against other people - Fantom

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Learner
    As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I scored a 55. I guess I am right there in the middle. Although I agree with being a learner, I too think some of those so called "facts" they tell you about the questions are just as jaded as advertising using words to make the question sound like something else. Oh yeah and if I did get unplugged from the matrix, I would be like... QUICK TEACH ME SOME KUNG-FU BITCHES and and and then some shooting with shooting stuff, and after that I want to jump that building deal, and then and then do that girl in the red dress.... lol in other words, I would accept it way more easily than they think.

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

88. I agree with the false history lessons and distorted media on the war. I never recall being taught about Columbus being a rapist in the third grade. ::::18::

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• Ze.RomeguZe.Romegu Member Posts: 160
    I feel gullible, although im not sure if I knew what I did. 68
  • XFantasyXXFantasyX Member Posts: 138

i got a 97 so i was only 3 way from bein a free thinker

Mwahahahahhahah