Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aoc?gw2?

vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

I was playing Age Of Conan  till 20 level  , i was barbarian and i had alot of fun .... now i dont have main mmorpg so is it worth geting back to AoC  or wait for Guild Wars 2 ? If there is some one who played gw2 beta and AoC  can tell me where he had more fun ? ty :)

Comments

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Originally posted by vojkan95

I was playing Age Of Conan  till 20 level  , i was barbarian and i had alot of fun .... now i dont have main mmorpg so is it worth geting back to AoC  or wait for Guild Wars 2 ? If there is some one who played gw2 beta and AoC  can tell me where he had more fun ? ty :)

trollolol

• MutamiMutami Member UncommonPosts: 20

I have played both and GW2 is sooooo much better.  But GW2 isn't going to be released anytime soon and AoC is F2P so just play AoC till GW2 release.  Problem solved.   

• vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by 7rouble

I have played both and GW2 is sooooo much better.  But GW2 isn't going to be released anytime soon and AoC is F2P so just play AoC till GW2 release.  Problem solved.   

and is gw2 worth 60$ ?

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

and is gw2 worth 60$ ?

For me: Yes

For you: I don't know

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I've played both.  GW2 wins hands down!

And I still maintain GW2 will be released soon-end of June is my guess

:P 

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Originally posted by drel

I hope for a June release but I'm getting myself ready for a September/October release

• Sata123Sata123 Member Posts: 34

AOC has a fun and a not grindy at all leveling from 1 to 80 due the quest structure, the interesting classes, the atmosphere and the combat.The end game though, with the latest expansions, is all about repeating and grinding for months dungeons and daily fuction quests for gear.I'll give it another try for sure after the promised crafting revamp.AOC is freemium now so you can see and try a big part of the game contents for free and decide for yourself, while keeping some money for GW2 or another game.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I think both is fun. I actually played AoC again after the gw2 beta but they always gank me when I'm questing.

Last time it was a level 43 guy against me (44) and a level 48 chick. The girl and me teamed up but that guy was so highly immune to all of my spells and to her physical attacks that he easily killed both of us and never dropped below 50% hp.

While AoC is fun, it's clear that the cash shop gear is pay to win, so the gankers ruin something that would be nice otherwise.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TotTWriterTotTWriter Member UncommonPosts: 54

My die-hard inner optimist might agree with you, but hers is a lone voice in the wilderness at this stage.

There is no release date announced yet and we're approaching the middle of may, with at least one more BWE to go, wich would be at the end of the month. We have two races which have not publicly been playable from the start.

Even if the asura and sylvari are playable in the next BWE and all the major bugs have been fixed and the game is annonuced good to go the day the BWE ends, it still takes more than 4 weeks to get the game produced and shipped to all the stores which will need copies. 

The release date will be a minimum, minimum of 6-8 weeks after it's announced. It will take that long to physically manufacture copies of the game and ship them out around the parts of the world which will need them.

Reality Bites. I'm only Barking

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Why don't you do both?. Get back to AoC and play it until GW2 is released.

Personally I found GW2 much more fun than AoC, and defintively worth the $60 (for me) but since it won't be released anytime soon (and if there's no release date announced before the end of the month, I doubt for a june release) you lose nothing by playing AoC since it's F2P.

And while I did say that GW2 is more fun, I found AoC (at least when playing a melee char) a lot of fun, specially the combat, and you won't really feel the restrictions of the F2P model until you're high level anyway.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by joocheese

I hope for a June release but I'm getting myself ready for a September/October release

Six weeks is pretty short time considering they're not confident enough in, what 2 races, to have them played in open Beta.  I would guess late July at the earliest and expect September as well.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I prefered GW2 but AoC is kinda fun and F2P.

I see no reason why you can't play both and since they have no monthly fees you can vary depending on which you feel like playing.

Be warned though, AoC changes a lot after lvl 20.

So my vote is that you download AoC and play it now and then get GW2 when it releases.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by grimfall

Six weeks is pretty short time considering they're not confident enough in, what 2 races, to have them played in open Beta.  I would guess late July at the earliest and expect September as well.

Anything can happen but my guess is late August, just in time for GamesCon.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Christmas

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Originally posted by Loke666

yeah, Anet has been continuously postponing the GW2 release. Though I don't like it I'm fine with it cause I know they are making the game ever so much better. Its hard and I don't like it, but for GW2, I think I can be patient.

• GW2 is much more fun and all around just a far better made game.  But I can't tell you how long you have to wait, do I can't reccomend what to do.

The problem is i have 30 GB internet and AoC is more then 20++  :(

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Loke666

yeah, Anet has been continuously postponing the GW2 release. Though I don't like it I'm fine with it cause I know they are making the game ever so much better. Its hard and I don't like it, but for GW2, I think I can be patient.

Oh come on, we get these falsehoods enough from haters, we don't need them from fans too.  ANet never "postponed" anything, since they never gave a release date.  They're releasing it on schedule as far as anyone knows.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

It's funny to think about it, but back in 2008 I was seriously considering to skip AoC and just wait for GW2, which was just around the corner. It sure would have been a long wait.

Originally posted by Bjelar

It's funny to think about it, but back in 2008 I was seriously considering to skip AoC and just wait for GW2, which was just around the corner. It sure would have been a long wait.

I'd like to think that that's one of the reasons they didn't say "coming soon" when it wasn't.  It's being dishonest with your fans if you make them think their dream product is right around the corner.  "When it's Ready" sometimes annoys me, but they've never given me the false impression that it would be released at one certain time over another.

Except that it'll be released in 2012 lol

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

and is gw2 worth 60$ ?

Absolutely. Remember, no monthly fee's. I've payed $60 for less content in a console game.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Originally posted by Sora2810

and is gw2 worth 60$ ?

Absolutely. Remember, no monthly fee's. I've payed $60 for less content in a console game.

Exactly.  I spent a little over 100 hours in Skyrim before I got bored and I know I'll be spending much much more time in GW2 for the same price.  There is no emoticon for the glee I feel at this kind of value.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

There will def not be any emoicons for the disapointment I will feel if GW2 isn't worth the box fee :p

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by Method01

trollolol

Exactly...seems to have been successful.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson