Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The death of guild wars?

Idnc31Idnc31 Member Posts: 25
I am a huge fan of guild wars. I played for like 3 months straight beat the game with almost every class (didn't finish my necro/ranger). However, since i finished the game for the first time things have begun to go downhill for me. The 8V8 pvp in the tombs gets old cause u spend more time trying to join a group than actually fighting. the 4v4 was cool for when u just wanted to fight but after a point it got old. I quit the game about 2 weeks ago but i'll still look at the website for updates that might bring me back. I'll certainly come back for the expansion pack but if guild wars doesn't change i might be done with the game for good after that. I'm just wondering if i'm the only 1 that feels this way. 

SO BORED

Comments

• lord_yuri27lord_yuri27 Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Idnc31
    I am a huge fan of guild wars. I played for like 3 months straight beat the game with almost every class (didn't finish my necro/ranger). However, since i finished the game for the first time things have begun to go downhill for me. The 8V8 pvp in the tombs gets old cause u spend more time trying to join a group than actually fighting. the 4v4 was cool for when u just wanted to fight but after a point it got old. I quit the game about 2 weeks ago but i'll still look at the website for updates that might bring me back. I'll certainly come back for the expansion pack but if guild wars doesn't change i might be done with the game for good after that. I'm just wondering if i'm the only 1 that feels this way. 

You arent the only one, i was finished after a lvl 20 nec/mes and a lvl 15 monk, i got bored of waiting for a good monk for pvp and they leave party after once if there is any noob in the party and many noob ppl leave party in the middle of mission or pvp, whatever they update, i wont be back until they change the gameplay, they will never change gameplay and server style so guild wars is over for me, it was just a mistake... image

Im the legend.

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

I quit playing GW after the 2nd month is was out... If you play it a lot like I did, it kills the fun quick, and I'm talking about 1.5hrs or more a day. I have only logged in two times in the past couple of months due to bordom and the short rinse and repeat process. GW is a good game and I'm not saying it totally sucks, but once you've been through it once or twice and don't really like PvP, there's really nothing left.

It would nice though if they made an awesome expansion to correct some of the issuses with longativity and partying, but we shall see.

• Nikko_91Nikko_91 Member Posts: 40

wat is the quikest time u finished the game

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

y would u want to finish the pve quick,

its a casucal game, not hardcore

i love to heal in pvp (goood too), but i could never be in a group with a decent other support healer to help

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Guild wars is a great game to play... You just have to play it Diablo styple....

Which means whenever a skill changing patch comes out, or a lader reset... the server will be flooded by people coming back.

People are aways going to make chars... max em out... then stop playing... many will likely even delete their chars... But every time ladder resets or a big patch X=pack comes out... Many will reinstall and come back...

Why? No monthly fee, and... You can get to end game in a week legit... or a Day if you get rushed.

Very equalvilant to Diablo 2.

• GaileGrayGaileGray ArenaNet Community Mngr.Member Posts: 72

You guys might enjoy the PvP Extreme Weekend, coming up this Friday.

Here's a link: http://www.guildwars.com/events/pvpx/default.html

Hope to see you there! :)

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Bumping since It's and offical response..

• SilverGRSilverGR Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Bent
    Guild wars is a great game to play... You just have to play it Diablo styple...
    Very equalvilant to Diablo 2.

I could not agree more. IMO they just traded the Diablo chatrooms with "cities" and added a world when you can roam freely. Otherwise, it has no living world to speak of and that places it dangerously close to the edge of not being a true MMO. You never share the world with anyone apart from your party... The gameplay to me resembles a cross between Diablo and CS. There is nothing wrong with that, I have played both for quite some time. It is just not what I am seeking in an MMO.

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Idnc31

lol.

seems hard to me to quit when there aint even a monthly fee.

all games ends. GW gives allot worth for youre money and they continue to add things for free. wait for expansions.

its not a mmorpg so stop expecting the same. GW is quality over qurantine. they could have added 50000 fed ex quests if they wanted(but then it would just be as lame and stupid as WoW, FFXI and so on) , but instead they choose less and made them more fun and more challanging and added voice acting and cut scenes and an intresting story without crappy generic orcs and elfs.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Well, its not a boring game but ur right about the part about hoh !!! it takes about 30 mins to get a team going then it turns out to be a noob group and you lose! only sometimes your lucky enough to find a good group!

• jeb2jeb2 Member Posts: 22

But is this not like most rpg's?  once u beat the game countless times it can become boring/repetitive???

i think this is the case in WoW anyway.

Both great gamesimage

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by jeb2

But is this not like most rpg's?  once u beat the game countless times it can become boring/repetitive???
    i think this is the case in WoW anyway.

Both great gamesimage

not really cose the game updates

and will have continue sequels , once a year

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Just becuase you get bored with it doesn't mean it's the death of the game. It's a lot of fun. Especially when you have sometime to kill but have other things to do. Personally I like the fact that it doesn't suck away my life. Some days I feel like playing all day, others just an hour, some days not all. Which nice is that you can do any of those and not feel the pressure to lvl up. Of course it doesn't have a lot of content if you play it almost 24/7 but they're working on that by adding new expansions and new features, it'll only get better in my opinion.

Not to mention if you do it get bored, the great thing is you can stop playing for a month and come back and pick up where you left off without feeling so behind. I couldn't play for a week because i moved and the net wasn't hooked up. If I was playing FFXI still (which I love but sucked away all my time) if I missed a week, the normal group of people that i'd party with would be way ahead of me and I'd just get frustrated trying to catch up. So like any MMORPG it has it's ups and downs I suppose.