Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGC may replace "old content"

ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Link : http://ufplanets.com/index.php?pageid=dsinterview

Question:   Are there any plans to continue remastering old PVE missions?
Answer:
DAN STAHL  - We will continue to do this where it makes sense and where the return on investment is solid. We would also like to see community authored Foundry missions take a more prominent role in the game, so you may see a combination of some remastered missions and some entirely new community missions replace some of our older content in the future.

To this I say - riiiiight.
I foresee the UGC replacing FEs in the near future because the "return on investment is solid'.  Why waste time developing episodic content for your content starved game when your paying customers will do it for you?  Cryptic can focus totally on C-Store items now!

Comments

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I knew this was going to happen.
    Avoid this company and products!

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Honestly is this really a suprising revelation ? It's basically an admission this is a failed game and they will not be investing any more money into it. The reality is that F2P is not generating the income they had hoped, so they are putting it on life support until the contract with CBS expires. They'll bleed it for C-Store revenue as long as they can, perhaps address some balance issues. This game has now become the test bed for Neverwinter game.

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

This game has now become the test bed for Neverwinter game.

I agree completely.