Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

archage coming to europe distribution by ncsoft.

2»

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Looks like a rumor to me.  Celebration may be a bit premature.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Master10K

If this is true then it will mean that NCSoft will have a huge monopoly on the great modern MMORPGs. Tera & TSW do not matter.

Why don't they matter? 

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

If this does turn out to be the case, I'd be fine with it.

I've been waiting a long time for this game and it'll be nice to have one more option that's not a linear hand holding themepark. While I'm no fan of NCsoft, I was dreading hearing names like Frogster or other really bad EU publishers. They could do a lot worse.

No matter who they go with, I hope they get started soon - ArcheAge was at the top of my list (along with Pathfinder), and I'd hate to see it age too much before an EU/US release. Although, GW2 which was way down on my list originally came out of nowhere to provide the open ended and fully explorable world I didn't think was possible without systems similar to what we see in ArcheAge. So I have a feeling GW2 will last at least until ArcheAge is available, if not longer.

kanadaA - It's pretty clear you have some serious misunderstandings about GW2, which should please you to know unless you were simply looking for a weapon to use against it rather than stating something you actually believe. In which case, your comments don't really reflect negatively on it as they're so obviously untrue it simply makes you look uninformed. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons grounded in reality that can equally communicate why you dislike it, your arguments would be a lot stronger if not so dismissably false.

It's expected that not everyone will like all things, I dislike a crap ton of recent MMOs, but I've never had to make things up to point out why they were flawed. I'm sure you don't need to either.

And if WAR brought even a fraction of what GW2 has brought to the table, I'd most likely still be playing it. It didn't. As someone that prefers sandboxes over linear themeparks, GW2 is providing me with a lot more of what I want from sandboxes (and MMOs in general) than many recent sandbox attempts have.

I'd initially written it off as well until I was shown that a lot of the misinformation I had was from uninformed haters with agendas (plus I hated gw1).

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Originally posted by kanedaA

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by Netspook

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

Meh... Skipping this game, then, and it's not the game's fault.

Sorry to burst your bubble but no self respected big name studio will ever pick this title up, its to niche.

Says the gw2 fangirl...dude why dont u go waiting for your tiny instanced warhammer clone ?

and let us waiting for  a true MMORPG sandbox 

EVE Online is that way ----->

He knows where it is, but he's queued his skills and doesn't need to log in for another 6 months

Would prefer pretty much any other publisher apart from frogster, absolutely anyone aside from those 2. This is my most anticipated game and has been for such a long while now, I won't say I won't play if nc get it but I deffinately won't be too encouraged and how long would it be before they find a way of shoehorning a p2w mechanic in there.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by Requiamer

Originally posted by getona

Jake Song left NCSOFT during Aion development because he disagree with the path NCSOFT is taking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Song

He left NCSoft in 2003 to make XLgames, Aion is 2009.

He have very little involvement in Aion.

it was was a prototype back, PROJECT AION was meant to be a 3D version of MU Online, Themepark MMO. they reveamp the design a few times and made it similar to western mmos like WoW. (soul bound / quest hubs )etc.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

Sorry to burst your bubble but no self respected big name studio will ever pick this title up, its to niche.

Says the gw2 fangirl...dude why dont u go waiting for your tiny instanced warhammer clone ?

and let us waiting for  a true MMORPG sandbox 

EVE Online is that way ----->

He knows where it is, but he's queued his skills and doesn't need to log in for another 6 months

My bad. I thought he meant to actually play a sandbox.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Bobbie203

archeage is ncsoft publisher for europe distribution HOLY SHIT.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/archeage-coming-to-europe/

Excellent news! And yeah definitely seems to be more than a rumor.

But what elevates this news above mere rumor is who tipped off GAMEBREAKER about it — namely, a representative from XLGames. When a company directly points you toward a rumor about its product… well, do the math.

Hopefully the game lives up to the hype, would be nice to have a themepark (GW2) and Sandbox that I can play lol.

Thank the gaming gods they didn't go with EA, Frogster or Activision this bodes well.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

Well, it could be worse.  They could have chosen SOE.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

So who would you rather?

Frogster....Codemasters.....Goa? About as good as it gets for the EU.

Oh and for the geographically challenged the USA is not in Europe!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

Yes, because a game with a massive, open, fully explorable world, while offering the best features from themepark AND sandbox games would never be anything more than a niche title.  

Are you high?  This is the exact game that people have been waiting for.  

No No No No NO!  The exact game people have been waiting for is GW2.  Learn it and love it!  (sorry I had to, this being these forums and all).

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Gorilla

Meh, it's not like many of us haven't played EU versions until NA versions become available before :P 

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

I will believe it when it's made official, It's exciting but until I see an official press release I will remain cautious. All signs point to it being true but lets wait and see. I will have no problems with ncsoft being the publisher, there are much worse publishers out there thats for sure.

• bcofidobcofido Member Posts: 27

The Gamebreaker video was removed!

What´s going on ?

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

NCSOFT will ruin this game.

lol.   NCSoft is a publisher, not a developer.   They really don't have a lot to say about what the developer does.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by Gorilla

Meh, it's not like many of us haven't played EU versions until NA versions become available before :P 

You scoundrel!image

This would indicate they might be looking for western publishers now. Seem to remember a while back them saying they did not have them because they where not ready yet.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

archeage is ncsoft publisher for europe distribution HOLY SHIT.

Great news! But damn if I'm not at risk of getting a stress reaction from too much gaming pleasure during the next year or so with so many interesting games coming. Need to let NCsoft know that I might be able to squeeze AA/EU launch into 1Q/2013...

• NoNic2NoNic2 Member Posts: 21

OMFG this is best news ever, Archeage is only mmorpg outside GW2 that i have any interest at this point. Hope it will arrive in 2013.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Since GameBreaker removed the video, it would seem to be merely rumored. NOT a fact.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

its coming to usa WOOOhoo im sure of it after europe gets it i think.

WHOA WHOA. /jumps with joy

Its coming to the EU first 

That's what he said.

• comic1973comic1973 Member Posts: 16

According to the internet, Elvis is still alive.

People will believe anything

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by MosesZD

NCSOFT will ruin this game.

lol.   NCSoft is a publisher, not a developer.   They really don't have a lot to say about what the developer does.

Well, it's possible to ruin a game for someone, without having anything to do with development. Here's why I hate NCSoft, and why I won't touch anything they handle ever again:

A few years back, I played City of Heros/Villains. I got an offer from them, discount on Guild Wars, and decided to buy it. With my credit card, I never had any problems paying the monthly sub for CoH/V, but using that same credit card to buy GW, didn't work. So I mailed their EU office. It took several days to get a reply, where they both completely misunderstood the issue, and claimed it should be handled by their US office, which they had forwarded it to.

I mailed the US office to clarify, gave the referance number from the EU reply, and got a simple answer: forwarded to the EU office. Duh...

Next mail from them still ignored the original issue, in fact, I still don't know what they thought they were replying too. And they said they wouldn't reply to more mails about it, since they considered the issue closed.

Horrible, in itselt. But what happened next was even worse:

A few days later I got a mail saying I was permabanned from CoH/V. No explaination given. And when trying to contact them (tried both EU and US), they never ever replied.

;Gorilla: yes, I'd even choose Frogster, Codemaster or GOA - they're all bad, but I've never heard about them doing anything like NCSoft did to me.

@ niceguy3978: well you have a point. SOE is also on my personal blacklist, but they won't handle EU players anymore. For those who don't know, they sold us to a freaking TV company (Pro7Sat.1) with a horrible reputation, which will handle SOE games in EU.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Wtf? They chose NCSoft?

This is the exact game that people have been waiting for.  

This x a bazilion. I want a sandbox mmo soooo bad.