Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not long left to go until the majority of us can play!

ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Only 7 and a half hours left until we can play one of the most anticipated MMO's of recent times! (well it is for me anyway!)

I just got onto the login screen, looks pretty awesome and the music is amazing! I cannot express how excited I am for this game! At last something original!

Gamespot is still giving away free beta keys for today, so go get one!

Wooooooooo :D

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yep, I'm pretty excited to give this game a chance. It's defintiely got it's unique qualities. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Valua

Only 7 and a half hours left until we can play one of the most anticipated MMO's of recent times! (well it is for me anyway!)

I just got onto the login screen, looks pretty awesome and the music is amazing! I cannot express how excited I am for this game! At last something original!

Gamespot is still giving away free beta keys for today, so go get one!

Wooooooooo :D

Calm yourself.

NDA allows me to tell you that I've been in the beta for a month now. NDA does NOT allow me to tell you much else OTHER THAN you should lower your expectations quite a bit than they are now. 

Again, NDA doesn't allow me to tell you much, but what I AM allowed to tell you is the following:

-If you're really into the "Storyline" of an MMO then you'll love the game.

-If you're more a "gameplay & combat" kind of player you'll be disappointed. 

Just saying...

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

I know this is based on the engine used in AOC but holy crap the login screen (if you pres esc for options) feels like an EXACT copy of AOC minus a skin change.  Hard to say if this bodes well (given the years they have had to work out the issues) or not (recent patches have still suffered major bugs).

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Woot! I am curious to see it for myself now. :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Calm yourself.

NDA allows me to tell you that I've been in the beta for a month now. NDA does NOT allow me to tell you much else OTHER THAN you should lower your expectations quite a bit than they are now. 

Again, NDA doesn't allow me to tell you much, but what I AM allowed to tell you is the following:

Just saying...

Storyline should be an integral part of all MMO's, if what you're saying is true then this MMO should be great?

Also, I've seen videos of the gameplay/combat, it looks pretty standard with a unique twist, how can that be bad?

Also, I love exploring, puzzles and deep character customization, three things this game has!

3 hours to go! Wooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Valua

Calm yourself.

Just saying...

Storyline should be an integral part of all MMO's, if what you're saying is true then this MMO should be great?

Also, I've seen videos of the gameplay/combat, it looks pretty standard with a unique twist, how can that be bad?

Also, I love exploring, puzzles and deep character customization, three things this game has!

3 hours to go! Wooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Not many people agree with you, a big chunk of the mmorpg community is looking for different gameplay since some of them got dissapointed by having a full storyline game like Swtor not satisfy them longterm since at some point the storyline ends and you are left with doing the same youve been doing for 7 years.

That you want a mmorpg that concentrates on the story is great! but not innovating with combat mechanics is also one of the reasons people bash swtor to death. Might be why a lot are looking at Guild Wars 2 and Tera with Hopefull eyes.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

The crazy skill system is what I'm looking for to.  Story is nice as well.  I don't need FPS combat, not sure why there is such a massive push by some people to have FPS combat in every game lately.  Go self root yourself in TERA.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by miguksaram

I know this is based on the engine used in AOC but holy crap the login screen (if you pres esc for options) feels like an EXACT copy of AOC minus a skin change.  Hard to say if this bodes well (given the years they have had to work out the issues) or not (recent patches have still suffered major bugs).

It usually bodes well, as using an existing engine has a lot of advantages

• - knowledge of the limitations

• - better understanding of the existing codebase

• - less time developing a new engine and more time building on it

• - more team members with a solid knowledge of the engine and able to switch between projects more smoothly

A perfect example of this is LOTRO which was built using the AC2 engine.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

My concern is that once you have done the 'story' it becomes a simple grind to unlock skills to allow you to build more decks. Of course the lack of info with launch so close is a bit of a worry too. Chanes are it will be quite novel I wonder how long it will be before it is also 'good' based on FCs past performance.

Guess we'll get some clues in a few hours.