Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise website jumps to life with new countdown timer

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Earthrise website jumps to life with new countdown timer

Massively article.Be cool if game did come back f2p,something to tinker with til Planetside 2 releases.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

German studio SilentFuture resurrecting Earthrise.

So it seems they have a been bought out and have a new dev team and are planning on a total overhaul.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Glad to see it getting a second chance.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Considering I already bought the game and it went down quicker than Paris Hilton, I'd love to see it ressurected and possibly developed to a point where it became a quality game.

It had potential, as so many games these days do, but the performance issues and lack of content made the execution of the game as a whole feel severely lacking - because it was lacking in every possible way.

Masthead was fairly dishonest, hopefully this new studio doesn't follow in the footsteps of the predecessor.

EDIT: The new Earthrise page, despite numerous typos, actually leads me to believe this new studio might have a solid grasp on what needs to be done.

They specifically mention performance improvements as a top priority right off the bat, rightfully so, and will be wiping old characters as well so everyone starts on even footing. After the amount of exploiters that took advantage in the game early on that is great to see.

Silent Future might just have a shot at reviving the game...

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

.... because the first time it was not a big enough failure? The game was a complete train wreck at all levels before...

When has a game ever been successfully relaunched and not been just as bad?

Has any game ever been "better" after coming out of the boneyard?

The few examples I know of (and most F2P conversions for that matter) do not inspire confidence....

Bad games go under for a reason.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

oi. this... is not going to end well. again. furthermore, i, for one, refuse to play any game that has that many spelling and grammatical errors in such a small space on its official site.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Hah I'd like to see this again.  If they cleaned up the engine so it didnt' run like crap on 90% of pc's, added more depth to the game somehow, fixed the pvp...maybe it could be ok.  Not holding my breath though, wish them luck though, they will need it!

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Hummmm... fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice........

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

This has to be the biggest joke this year I guess :p

No seriously. They shouldn't work with what's left of the game and simply start from scratch if anything. Before they're going to beat this dead horse they need to excavate it first and there isn't really much left.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

I hope they got what it takes to make it a good game. It's sad to see a game go down like that, especially in the Sci-Fi genre.

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Kost

Considering I already bought the game and it went down quicker than Paris Hilton, I'd love to see it ressurected and possibly developed to a point where it became a quality game.

that wont do anything, since the fact that you bought it in the past doesnt matter anymore. all old accounts are removed you are treated as a new customer.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file