Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars 1313 officially announced

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

UPDATE:

Well here it is: http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/star-wars-1313-officially-announced/

LucasArts Drops Gamers into the Criminal Underworld with New Mature Themed Videogame Franchise, Star Wars 1313™

=====================================================================

Interesting: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/07/is-star-wars-1313-a-video-game/

On May 1, Lucasfilm filed a Star Wars 1313 trademark with the USPTO, which was released on the website late Saturday night. The trademark is for use with video game software, computer game software, books containing puzzles and games, action figures, on-line entertainment services for computer and video games, and online social network services.

Wonder what that's about...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Be nice if it was Battlefront III.....

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by firefly2003

Be nice if it was Battlefront III.....

Considering how terribly LucasArts treated the developers of it and worked to actually sabotage/kill that project so they wouldn't have to pay over 6 months of salaries, I doubt it.

Be nice if they had the intelligence to realize BFIII would have sold way better than some idiotic Star Wars Kinect lameness.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

SWTOR II....They are repackaging the original and bumping to version 1.2.5

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its probally some cartoon jedi knight kinnect crap..

LA aint released a proper good star wars game since the last jedi knight game..

Force unleased was close but was just missing somthing..

Thinking about it they have not released any decent games for a very very long time..

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

By the description it sounds as though it could be anything, wasn't LA recently hiring for for an open world RPG? Could be that, could be some other game, or could simply be a new online Store, last I checked the Star Wars store was taken down a few months back.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

I dont know what it is but it's probably something with facebook connect.

revolutionizing.

some kind of star wars social networking home shopping channel kind of thing

edit:

I did a google search, and it has something to do with Bobba Fett

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-1313

Other websites say so. It will probably be a Clone Wars Era Game.

Originally posted by dronfwar

I dont know what it is but it's probably something with facebook connect.

revolutionizing.

some kind of star wars social networking home shopping channel kind of thing

edit:

I did a google search, and it has something to do with Bobba Fett

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-1313

Other websites say so. It will probably be a Clone Wars Era Game.

Yay :/

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Wouldn't mind a Jedi Knight game again. I really enjoyed those games..and it's been a long time. I imagine they could make it pretty cool today. Wouldn't mind seeing a little 50v50 action w/ Jedi, be cool if they even added different "classes".

• jakfoxjakfox Member Posts: 50

What about that old X-wing vs Tie fighter article?

It's old but it's still a possibility I suppose.

http://kotaku.com/5329863/x+wing-vs-tie-fighter-making-a-comeback

Originally posted by jakfox

What about that old X-wing vs Tie fighter article?

It's old but it's still a possibility I suppose.

http://kotaku.com/5329863/x+wing-vs-tie-fighter-making-a-comeback

Originally posted by UOvet

Wouldn't mind a Jedi Knight game again. I really enjoyed those games..and it's been a long time. I imagine they could make it pretty cool today. Wouldn't mind seeing a little 50v50 action w/ Jedi, be cool if they even added different "classes".

Either of those would likely get my money...

• TruesqueakTruesqueak Member Posts: 8

Well I guess it's pretty evident that it's going to be about Boba Fett. What else could 1313 mean? Could hardly be coincidental...

Anyway, a game about Boba Fett should (fingers crossed) not be a childish kinect game so I am rather intrigued.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

"Star Wars 1313"

A new thrilling adventure from the mind of George Lucas. Two padawans and their master are transported in time and space to 14th century Earth and face the threat of the Inquisition. As the tension and danger ramps up, our three heroes forge alliances with witches and battle against Templars in an attempt to recover the Ark of the Covenant to get back home and save the Galaxy, once again. Witness how lightsabres clash with medieval swords against an epic background of the plague and heroic tournaments in Star Wars 1313 AD. Coming to you this Summer!

ceratop001

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Truesqueak

Anyway, a game about Boba Fett should (fingers crossed) not be a childish kinect game so I am rather intrigued.

I wouldn't get carried away with that... not when we have seen Boba Fett at the disco gettin' down so recently...

Nothing is sacred to Lucas, it's all there to be be cashed in.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I honestly don't care anymore. The Star Wars franchise is no longer what it was when I loved it. If it is BFIII, I'll probably will still buy it, but not until it's priced around 20 bucks.

• TruesqueakTruesqueak Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by Truesqueak

I wouldn't get carried away with that... not when we have seen Boba Fett at the disco gettin' down so recently...

Nothing is sacred to Lucas, it's all there to be be cashed in.

I suppose you're right. No sense getting our hopes up for a decent Star Wars game anymore. Just wishful thinking on my part heh ;(

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Originally posted by SuperDonk

I honestly don't care anymore. The Star Wars franchise is no longer what it was when I loved it. If it is BFIII, I'll probably will still buy it, but not until it's priced around 20 bucks.

I agree. This cow (star wars theme) has been milked so much I just can't see it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEdWTk1l9o

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

A new star wars film or tv show out in 2013? Admitedlly there is no 13th month to back up that theory. But there is a Friday the 13th in September or December, so they could aim for that, meaning it will be launched in the last quarter of 2013, in thoery, whatever it is, with an accompanying video game and other stuff. They could launch the tv show, if the rumored live show does happen under a different web address, the game under this one?

Well here it is: http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/star-wars-1313-officially-announced/

LucasArts Drops Gamers into the Criminal Underworld with New Mature Themed Videogame Franchise, Star Wars 1313™

Named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant, the game puts players in control of a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a hero who uses human skills and gadgets, rather than supernatural Force powers, to make his way through this dangerous world.

“We’re excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing,” said Paul Meegan, President, LucasArts. “Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we’ve always known existed, but never had a chance to visit. We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself.”

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Sounds like it could be an interesting twist to Star Wars games...I just hope the combat isnt twitch based action.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

bah i was really hoping that with the success of Skyrim it would be an open world non linear RPG.

Originally posted by Ecoces

bah i was really hoping that with the success of Skyrim it would be an open world non linear RPG.

They may still be working on that as they were hiring staff for one and this is one of the things they're working on.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

I don't think I'm making too much of a jump to conclusion here when I say Star Wars : Assassin's Creed :1313. You're playing as a renowned Star Wars Bounty Hunter in the most treacherous levels of Coruscant. Hunt the target, take down the target, get your reward. Sounds familiar to me.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

They should make a KoToR online game! But one that doesn't suck I mean.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I always had a hard time getting into the KOTR and pre SW IV.  I hope it is set in the IV, V, VI era of Starwars personally and if it does indeed star Boba Fett it looks like I'll get what I want.  I could see this being a next gen console title seeing as how there is so much speculation about an Xbox 720 announcement going to be made at E3. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Konfess

I don't think I'm making too much of a jump to conclusion here when I say Star Wars : Assassin's Creed :1313. You're playing as a renowned Star Wars Bounty Hunter in the most treacherous levels of Coruscant. Hunt the target, take down the target, get your reward. Sounds familiar to me.

Kinda what I thought of it, but I don't think that's actually a bad thing, I like AC games for one reason, exploring the setting (history buff of sorts). I'm also a SW fan so if done at least on par with the AC series this might be a decent thing to check out IMO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

This discussion has been closed.