Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does FFXI still delete characters after 3 months of inactivity?

ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

This is the major most reason I don't want to get back into it, all of us know that we want to keep our characters after a vacation but PlayOnline seems hellbent on keeping it to where if you don't have a billing payment after 3 months, they clear your characters. I don't know about you but characters themselves aren't that much information.. I don't know -why- they do it.. maybe to have return customers, but it only seems to work the opposite for me.

Comments

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

It turns out that I can keep the characters if I keep my content id after 12 months, so I could just as easily make a tetra master once every year to keep it. So yeah.. I think I may need a linkshell and someone to make a gold worldpass for me, please. (not yet though, I'll let you know when I do)

• TsumeTsume Member Posts: 12
    Well how about if you dont play but you keep on paying.. Does it still delete it?
  • TsumeTsume Member Posts: 12
    Well how about if you dont play but you keep on paying.. Does it still delete it?

No. But I don't see why anyone would want to if they aren't playng it.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
    They have special events going on where they will redeem your character even after they delete it.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Please reiterate.

• The event is over but my friend managed to re-activate account after 4 months of inactivity...go figure.