Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: RTSGuru.com | Why /allchat Off is a Good Thing

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week's League of Legends patch included a seemingly innocuous change in it: the option to turn /allchat on or off in the options. Furthermore, this option defaults to off which, not surprisingly, upset a portion of the vocal minority very, very much. Is this issue actually cause for concern or is this simply another case of deceitful players wanting more attention? See what RTSGuru.com editors think of this new option.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

/ignore all has been in for a while.........................same thing............................

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Its been so quiet in /all chat since that patch.

Its great I like it :)

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

2 things, 1 it's really really easy to turn it back on if you want (I did).  2 The s**t talkers are gonna turn it back on and do their thing anyway, its good that we now have the option of turning it off (though its not hard to just ignore them).

I don't mind all chat as it offers a bit of drama into the game and it can lead to some very funny situations when people get angry or make stupid mistakes.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

Originally posted by Fuggly

/ignore all has been in for a while.........................same thing............................

Having to ignore every single person is an annoyance. If you prefer to sit there and type out everyone's name, go for it.

Or be intelligent and use this function.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167
    This doesn't solve the underlying problem ... people either do dumb things intentionally or because they don't know better. Riot needs to examine theory game, the genre in general and the matchmaking system. Hiding chat channels is basically the bury your head in the same approach to solving the problem.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

There is so much smack talking so I feel it was good too. However, smacktalkers on your own team you still need to use /ignore

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I can think of a few reasons why you would want to turn it back on (and yes, they are ALL valid):

1. Telling the opposing team to ban a player for whatever offense/rule they are breaking (the more reporting, the better).

2. Congratulating somebody/trading strategies after a certain situation.

3. Informing opposing team when somebody goes afk or technical issues occur (yes, it actually does happen from time to time - especially in high elo matches).

But yes, shit talkers suck.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by TheHavok

I can think of a few reasons why you would want to turn it back on (and yes, they are ALL valid):

1. Telling the opposing team to ban a player for whatever offense/rule they are breaking (the more reporting, the better).

3. Informing opposing team when somebody goes afk or technical issues occur (yes, it actually does happen from time to time - especially in high elo matches).

1 only baddie scrubs do

2 bs

3 who cares?

• willy123096willy123096 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by gilgamesh42

Originally posted by TheHavok

1 only baddie scrubs do

2 bs

3 who cares?

I'm sorry but this is the reason why innocent people are getting banned and this creates distrust between the fellow players. Communication is really important. Saying "who cares?" when someone is telling you that they have some lag problems is terribly wrong. They don't want it to happen. Would you want that to happen to you too if by some chance you disconnect? As for point 2, congratulating people is important. You might not see it like this, but people play games to relieve stress. Just pointing out what they are doing bad is a terrible thing to do. Focus on what they are good at and everyone will be happy. I'm pretty sure you are not the #1 scientist in the world so would you like to be laughed at by people?

Ps: Sorry i'm terrible at grammar but i just have to say these guys are what ruin most games.