Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buildings

FunkydupeFunkydupe Member Posts: 5

Hi I`ve been browsing through the screenshots of the game - it looks very interesting. Will everything in the game be playermade from scratch, buildings, equipment and communities ? Or will there be a lot of NPC villages and settlements sort of laying down the foundation, functioning as starter cities or similar ?

In a lot of fantasy game themed mmorpgs there are the Players vs Environment struggle,  since there are no "Monsters" here, will inhabitants be able to hunt/fight lions and other roaming creatures of nature ?

Beyond developing your characters through skills and looks(armor/clothes) what do you guys think is the main attraction, the main feature(s) of Roma Victor  ?'

Regarding the graphics, I dont see them as a problem, I`m thinking wow how many people will be happy to see a game they can actually run on their PCs and not something they have to spend thousands to be able to experience as it was meant to be experienced.

Comments

• Mikey0114Mikey0114 Member Posts: 310

Originally posted by Funkydupe

Hi I`ve been browsing through the screenshots of the game - it looks very interesting. Will everything in the game be playermade from scratch, buildings, equipment and communities ? Or will there be a lot of NPC villages and settlements sort of laying down the foundation, functioning as starter cities or similar ?
    In a lot of fantasy game themed mmorpgs there are the Players vs Environment struggle,  since there are no "Monsters" here, will inhabitants be able to hunt/fight lions and other roaming creatures of nature ?
    Beyond developing your characters through skills and looks(armor/clothes) what do you guys think is the main attraction, the main feature(s) of Roma Victor  ?'
    Regarding the graphics, I dont see them as a problem, I`m thinking wow how many people will be happy to see a game they can actually run on their PCs and not something they have to spend thousands to be able to experience as it was meant to be experienced.

Hey there....I can't answer for everything...so sorry for that mate, but I will answer you with what I know:

To answer the above at the same time!

There will be hunting for sure... its a proffession....but there is a purpose behind it just so you know, its not to improve your character's stats. Its to hunt for furs and such I think. From what I heard you can't improve your character's stats, but I like the sound of that cause the name of the combat is twitch combat...which is real time combat....you choose where to hit...when to block and bla bla bla...its all about knowing how to fight and having good reflexes....meaning its not based on how long you have played or what skills you have, but if you know how to use the skills you have.

Ok lastly....to that comment, there is a slight problem. You see the graphics from the screenshots you have seen are not the graphics that will be present in release. Further more in my own opinion from the information and features that have been released about the game....it doesn't sound like a suitable game for players with PCs that are low spec. Reason being you are going to have massive big huge battles with hundreds of men fighting hundreds....now I don't know how the hell the RV engine is gonna handle that itself....but the devs state it can handle it.

A member of the dev team also mentioned that they are expecting the game's graphics to be standard graphics for any mmo that is being released right now. That is hard to believe (for me IMO!), but I wish them the best of luck and have quite a bit of faith in their engine so I hope they won't let me down! I have great expectations for the game but I never thought the graphics would be Standard graphics for an MMO being released today and also be capable of mega battles of 200+.

Last feature by the way is that you can command armies of 100s (NPC characters of course....not sure about players...someone comment on this please).

Anyway hope that was enough information to heat up your interests in this game!