Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i restart?

SlavokSlavok Member Posts: 17

I'm new to lineage 2. and didnt know anything about the servers, so i picked the fasted one. But there is hardly anybody there... duuhh. My charecter is Level 14, Heading towards being an assasin. Should I Move to a bigger server and ditch this Charecter?

THanks for reading

Slavok

Comments

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

So I take it that by the "fasted one" one mean the one that had the best ping.

You may be noticing that the newb lands are barren. Thats typical, most players are elsewhere in the gameworld. You'll probably spend most of levels 1-20 alone, and see more and more people as you progress.
    As far as the servers themselves, if all your after is high population then start on Bartz or Teon. Level 14 isnt much, ditching that toon is no loss. Avoid Hindmith.

• SlavokSlavok Member Posts: 17
    ok cool, its still tuff to decide though :P I've only Come across one friendly player across all the people ive talked to. Which is like 10 but still.  If i start over il probly go for a mystic, I'm guessin thers a little more diversity to them then a fighter... By the way i love this game its amazing, its the only one that ive seen in here with no complaints under the user reviews. Only complaint is lack of individuality on charecter apearence, I'm hoping this will change by the time lv 30 or so comes around... oh please say yes lol
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Spookytooth speaks the truth. Also would like to add, while the population in the n00by areas may be low, consider this a blessing. You will still probably find people to group with, but you won't get griefed and there won't be any farmers in your way! image

ah never thought about the farming, good point. I think i like this char though, she seems strong, i havent died yet, i dont even know what the penalty is lol. Is there any way to take a charecter that is just an our right stupid choice? Other than just like waistin sp n adena... i have no idea how charecters are in the latter levels and i hate charecter envy lol, in final fantasy 11 i was the charectre envy :Dimage
  • B4-HunterB4-Hunter Member Posts: 4

Try to look for some character FAQ's. They will help you take the right way and buy proper skills for your character. If you have a lot of time you can always make few characters and test them. I always make Mage first. So I can get adena fast and then make other character. Besides leveling with mage is faster and easier :). But as you said assassin isn't bad in L2. If you want to use dagger I prefer TH (Treasure Hunter) from Human race. It's best choice :).

• EsorllehEsorlleh Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by Slavok
    ah never thought about the farming, good point. I think i like this char though, she seems strong, i havent died yet, i dont even know what the penalty is lol. Is there any way to take a charecter that is just an our right stupid choice? Other than just like waistin sp n adena... i have no idea how charecters are in the latter levels and i hate charecter envy lol, in final fantasy 11 i was the charectre envy :Dimage

There aren't any 'bad' class choices until you hit lvl40 which is when you do your second class transfer.
    I don't want to cramp individuality or anything but the way the game is right now, I would avoid dagger classes and tank classes. If you post which race you've chosen and whether you chose mystic or fighter, I can help you out with more details. ^.^

MMO Fav List:
    Lineage 2 | 5x Silver Ranger, 7x Shillien Elder <- Active
    WoW | 6x Rogue, 1x Priest
    Anarchy Online | 8x MetaPhysicist
    Saga of Ryzom | Matis Light Armourer

Waiting for: Age of Conan, Lineage 3

I dont know why but i cant see what im typing :S anyways, im a dalrk elf fighter, level 14, I'm Just about equal in my dagger and bow usage. Bow is a bit more advanced but i did a quest for the eldereth dagger and now im rreally doin some damage. I could always scrap this charecter though because i usually go magic user. I liked playin rangers in bg2 but i also loved the sorceress :D but ya..

My last post didnt show up but if you drag and select the text it does... only one more thing worries me, a friend of mine used to play lineage 2 but switched to wow because there was soooo much ganking. people of a way higher level then her would always come up and kill her over and over for no reason. PvPing is ok, but that just sounds outright lame... she sais she couldnt get past level 8 cuz of it... but im already 14 n havent died... and now she sais she was on a pirated server, lol ok that sorta realieves me but if it comes to the point where i cant even gain a level in a week becuase of this. that would be kinda lame..

Originally posted by Slavok

My last post didnt show up but if you drag and select the text it does... only one more thing worries me, a friend of mine used to play lineage 2 but switched to wow because there was soooo much ganking. people of a way higher level then her would always come up and kill her over and over for no reason. PvPing is ok, but that just sounds outright lame... she sais she couldnt get past level 8 cuz of it... but im already 14 n havent died... and now she sais she was on a pirated server, lol ok that sorta realieves me but if it comes to the point where i cant even gain a level in a week becuase of this. that would be kinda lame..

Don't worry ^^ you'll be fine.
    Only way you'd be ganked constantly is if you join a clan that's in a heavy war.

Since you say you're a DE fighter, I have some tips for you.
    When you're lvl20 you'll be doing your first class transfer quest, and you'll be able to choose between Palus Knight and Assassin. Palus knight will eventually let you choose between Shillien Knight and Bladedancer at lvl40. Assassin leads to Abyss Walker and Phantom Ranger.
    http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/race_darkelf_changejob.html

L2 is currently dominated by nukers and archers - both ranged classes - so melees have trouble finding groups in both PvP and PvE. If you like being melee, go Palus Knight -> Bladedancer. They're fun to play and they're always wanted in groups because of their dances (buffs). If not, Assassin -> Phantom Ranger is a good choice too.. all archers are good in their own way. Abyss Walkers are still fun, but you'll notice that you miss a lot and you'll get eaten up by nukers and archers before you can land a special ^o^. Do not go Shillien Knight unless you have a sick fetish for tank classes. IMO It's definitely the coolest tank class but tanks just have it so hard in this game, especailly in higher levels.

If you decide to switch over to nuker.. really all three nukers (Sorceror, Spellsinger, Spellhowler) are awesome. Sorcerors have the highest survivability with their high-HP human stats. Spellsingers are the fastest casters and are pretty much unbeatable 1vs1. Spellhowlers have the highest Mattack and can 1 shot anything in their way with a crit.
    Besides those three, a good non-nuker spellcaster choice is Necromancer. Necros have strong summons and a skill called paralyze that owns in PvP. Warcryers are great too -- DoTs, buffs and heals.

It might all sound confusing to you atm but it'll start making sense soon. Hope that helps some ^.^

(But again, if you're playing on one of the empty servers: Devianne, Hindemith, Erica, Lionna, Gustin.. really do consider starting over on another server before you suffer through your lvl20 ques)

MMO Fav List:

Wow thank you, this is more info than i coulda asked for, you kick :P image Maybe I'l try a Sorcerer or Spell Slinger. I always expirement lots before i go gungho on a charecter. I like to know exactly what to do and to be strong not just average :P I'l  have a dragon u'l see lol. thank you verry much for the tips though, much apreciated

NP ^^
    I retired from L2 for personal reasons but I still love the game and love to see it attract new players.

I actually reccommend rerolling a few times in the beginning :p it's a good way of saving up adena for D grade hehe. Hope you have fun ^^

MMO Fav List: