Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE online player VS player.

ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66
If thats all it took to get you all excited, you should have played UO a few years ago. 

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I love EVE,  I BETA tested it when there was 200000000000 bugs,  I wonder if it got any better.

I was just getting to understand the economy and it went "gold"... image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Eve was always a gorgeous game and even somewhat interesting.  I know people call it mining online, but when you add in the corps and get in with a good corp, the game can be quite fun.  I never got to experience combat in beta.  The one time I did as just a spoof the police came over and promptly killed me.  One thing I did not like was the learning new skills could take 24 hours.  That is 24 hours of logged in time, not server time.  I would just sit in a station, and go to bed a lot while learning a new skill.  Reason I got fed up with beta was that I spent a few days trucking around, listening to great music, and then spent almost 3 days straight mining the best mineral I could find in order to buy a new ship.  Then next day, server whipe, I spent maybe an hour with that new ship.  I know that is te life of a beta tester, but it just ruined all the fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

It did not take 24 logged in hours to learn a skill when I was in beta. It was always server time. So if you started to learn a skill that took 24 hours to learn, you would learn if regardless if you were logged in or not.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

im playing it right now...i started on Christmas EVE (but i had beta tested it).  With the castor patch they made it easier to deal with Agents.  Right now, I have a Maller (cruiser), top ofthe line weapons and skills and I still have 9 mil in my account.

And I havent even touched an asteroid yet

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• AflackAflack Member Posts: 2

I have been playing since beta back in june... still playing and 8 hours a day... I even have 2 accounts... one is my Miner/trader... the other is for PVP and he is awsome at it... the down part about this game is that my region is being over run by EVERY pirate in the game... but I have had over 150 mil in my poket at one time or another... lost 100 mil worth of "stuff" to a single rat...  took about a week of skill training to be able to fight rats (thats why you join a corp)

the best part is I can do almost anything I want, meaning I can mine for minerals to make some quick money or mining so I can build Items to sell for a better profit. hunt the NPC pirats for their loot and bounty (which does take some skill depending on the map rating of space 1.0 = safe and 0.0 = most dangerous) I have always, whenever I petition, gotten a reply within 24 hours if not the next 15 min a GM would message me... 

for people who play EQ and think its awsome or just something to do... I would suggest playing EVE the possibilities are endless, the graphics are awsome, many people to meet, roles to play, become a pirat if you want, start an alliance, be the lone hunter, work the market in your region, haul loads in your industral ship for pay, become a corp leader, run trade routes, and do pre set missions... I am sure I am leaving out A LOT!

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Hehe yeah eve is a game that has situations that make your heart pount and releasing adrenaline rushs.
    I was taking part of some 50+ BS battles in Fountain (am in FA)

Eve's PvP is better then most others MMORPG's for sure.
    If you sit in a horrible slow indy and have to venture through unsecure space... it's like a movie.
    Especially when you manage to jump while enemies lazers are scrpping your armor second after second and you just sit there and shout: JUMP JUMP JUMP DAMNIT! :::^D::

• AflackAflack Member Posts: 2

small universe I was also FA and fought aginst Mo0

LL Rev0lutiOn

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

I'm with Pheonix Alliance and I've been enjoying Eve immensly.
    Worth checking out for anyone interested. 

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Hey Malkavian you got room in your corp for another? I tire of my corps dependence on one man to make all large transactions. I understand the corp doesn't want a lot of people able to get their hands on millions of isk, but enough is enough, especially when he takes a week vacation once a month or so it seems. If not thats ok too.

Squeee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

• MrPopovMrPopov Member Posts: 217

I was just about to quit EVE some three months ago, after playing it since day one of release (I didn't get a chance to beta test), until I joined a corporation in the Stain Alliance. Ever since I have been playing more and more, and my social live has gone down the drain. I am failing classes, am late to work, and my friends don't even know who I am anymore.

I've tried petitioning this bug ("Undocumented Feature" according to the developers) but to no avail. If there was one thing I would change in EVE, it would be this whole "IRL" feature that stand in my way between total domination