Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the crafting?

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Threads on threads of Tera combat, but not a single thread on its crafting.

Anyone have a crafting review? 

Maybe a basic run down on how it is and what it compares too.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• kidicokidico Member Posts: 4

not worth it. materials worth 100 gold to craft a sword/armor piece you could buy an equally powerful equipment for 5g. 

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

a joke

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Apparently it has it's uses at higher levels(60), at low levels though it is very expensive and totally not worth it.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

well thats a bit depressing. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I'm lv51 and have not tried it yet, mostly due to cost.  I will probably start with Alchemy after I buy all my glyphs & skills.  I have maxed all three mat gathering professions though and by doing so I got 3 cosmetic hats & a free inventory expansion for the effort.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Gain better weapons from dungeons at the moment.  Crafting is not useful at all.  Just a money sink.  Probably the biggest money sink in game.

Might as well wait to sixty.  Then start crafting for your alts.  ( Which still will not be worth it since you get better stuff in dungeons. )

Questing, Crafting, and Linearity are 3 of the major flaws of TERA.

BOOYAKA!

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Play tera for the combat mechanics and the scenery and you wont be dissapointed.  Play tera for a revolutionary mmorpg that does everything right and does every imaginable aspect of RPG to perfection and be sorely dissapointed.

All ive done is harvest...which i should point out...gives you a random buff from a selection of gathering courage buffs, most stack.  So harvesting for me is something i do just for the buffs, selling the mats makes decent money as well, even if its to the NPC.

Ive done alchemy...which was very expensive at lower levels but netted me enough potions to last me a long time. I made like 100 healing potions at level 10 or so, made them untill broke, havent needed to craft them since.

Personally i think games like this, themeparks and quest grinders, just cant do crafting right.  You need to get your gear from grouping dungeons/world bosses/farming and doing such will always result in better gear and more fun in aquiring that gear.

Sandboxes and full loot games get crafting right, because there is a need to make it and need to use it, and in full loot games, you need to keep a supply of ready to use gear just in case.

Themeparks toss in crafting as something to do if your bored, which is the inherent design flaw.  In tera for instance, if they only allowed rare mat drops and templates in dungeons, and made the game full loot, crafting would be a mjor aspect of the game, and a vital component to playing.

At least in tera im hitting those mining/herbs/essence nodes keeping buffs up or trying to get new ones...also you get stuff for the achievements related.  I assume crafting will turn into a very expensive way to do the same, minus the handy on the fly buffs while farming+questing.

They should really keep crafting to consumables enchantments and putting a + 1-10 on your gear in themeparks...actually making stuff is ALWAYS pointless when you could be haivng fun at a themepark attraction playing to get the gear.

• LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Strange, I make good money with crafting, and I am far away from level 60... ! I think its totally cheap to craft... you just should not start crafting with a level of 10-20... start crafting with e.g. 35 and you are totally fine. Use the mats you picked up from gathering and from the drops and you can craft some very viable stuff.

I guess most people who had a bad experience with crafting just started to early and there it looked like a big money sink.

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• dirlokdirlok Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by LordDevil

Strange, I make good money with crafting, and I am far away from level 60... ! I think its totally cheap to craft... you just should not start crafting with a level of 10-20... start crafting with e.g. 35 and you are totally fine. Use the mats you picked up from gathering and from the drops and you can craft some very viable stuff.

I guess most people who had a bad experience with crafting just started to early and there it looked like a big money sink.

I totally agree with this post....

I'm a huge crafter, been a massive crafter in all my MMOs, starting with SWG.

Crafting in this game is decent, but at the early stages it is quite expensive. Gear drops fairly regularly, and leveling is fairly quick in the early stages (1 to 30). As posted above, I'd gather and hold on to your resources.

I can see crafting being useful at later levels, as well as being used for Enchanting.

I'd compare it to crafting in RIFT or SWTOR. Its basic.

Extraction is the one thing I dont understand...that seems to be a waste of money in my opinion.