Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skeptical at first, Happy at the end of the day.

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

I at first wasnt guna buy this game, then hearing my guildies playing this game, them telling me to buy the game,

but i said No, i wanted to see it develop, and also was intrested in "The Secret World".

I had played the Closed Beta of TERA, but only to level 15.

But i finally subsided and went out and bought the game. Making a Warrior, and playing it through, again, i still had a good experience but wasnt feeling the full blow of the game at early levels.

But.... then something happend. Level 18+ the game took  a turn, and with more skills a open world to go through, the great graphics, and eventually seeing the BAM"s. Lets just say i was a happy camper.

Now as i write this review im a lvl 25 Warrior, with 2 alts, lvl 2 archer, and lvl 5 mystic.

This game is truely fun, and Always has this feeling of being "Fresh".

Every time i log in, move on to another zone, kill another set of mobs, it all feel's Fresh.

The game doesnt really get dull, but let me tell you if you dont like leveling, it might get a bit rough, like myself.

Yes the leveling is a bit rough, but the overall game is a solid 8/10 or even a 9/10 in some case's.

This is definitly a game worth my time, i have no regrets.

Overall gameplay at level 25: 8/10

Questing: 7/10

Combat: 9.5/10  (Honestly, have u tried killing 2 BAM's at once......fuckin epic)

Interface and UI Mechanics: 8/10

Final note, What i wana get through is that, this game is Good, but the question is, is it for you? Do you want something new, not another Western style game? Because Tera is from Asian's, it follows another standards, and hence the feeling is new. If you want an experience that will keep you entertained but wont allow you to eat a sandwhich while doing it, tera is in your ball-park.

While i play Tera i get the same feeling as i got when i first started playing WoW... 7 years ago. The experience is fresh, and its amazing. Its an Adventure, its not the same shit over and over. Tera is a good game, i recommend it to those that have the slightest intrest in Tera's style.

P.S-  Each class in Tera is vastly more intresting to experience, then for example experiencing alts in WoW isnt as much of a shock, then it is in Tera.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Snakex

I at first wasnt guna buy this game, then hearing my guildies playing this game, them telling me to buy the game,

but i said No, i wanted to see it develop, and also was intrested in "The Secret World".

But i finally subsided and went out and bought the game. Making a Warrior, and playing it through, again, i still had a good experience but wasnt feeling the full blow of the game at early levels.

But.... then something happend. Level 18+ the game took  a turn, and with more skills a open world to go through, the great graphics, and eventually seeing the BAM"s. Lets just say i was a happy camper.

Now as i write this review im a lvl 25 Warrior, with 2 alts, lvl 2 archer, and lvl 5 mystic.

Every time i log in, move on to another zone, kill another set of mobs, it all feel's Fresh.

The game doesnt really get dull, but let me tell you if you dont like leveling, it might get a bit rough, like myself.

Yes the leveling is a bit rough, but the overall game is a solid 8/10 or even a 9/10 in some case's.

Combat: 9.5/10  (Honestly, have u tried killing 2 BAM's at once......fuckin epic)

Final note, What i wana get through is that, this game is Good, but the question is, is it for you? Do you want something new, not another Western style game? Because Tera is from Asian's, it follows another standards, and hence the feeling is new. If you want an experience that will keep you intertained but wont allow you to eat a sandwhich while doing it, tera is in your ball-park.

While i play Tera i get the same feeling as i got when i first started playing WoW... 7 years ago. The experience is fresh, and its amazing. Its an Adventure, its not the same shit over and over. Tera is a good game, i recommend it to those that have the slightest intrest in Tera's style.

part I highlighted is what many fans of the game seem to keep saying but is the sole reason I couldn't get myself to keep playing after the third beta weekend.. it just felt to much like doing the same thing over and over. Questing upto 24 never got more interesting than kill x of these or collect x of these. Killing BAM's is fun but after 20 or so of them it gets the same thing over and over feeling.. i dunno maybe I'm missing something because I really wanted to like this game but I found it getting so repatitive I had no interest to log in anymore...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Final note, What i wana get through is that, this game is Good, but the question is, is it for you? Do you want something new, not another Western style game? Because Tera is from Asian's, it follows another standards, and hence the feeling is new. If you want an experience that will keep you intertained but wont allow you to eat a sandwhich while doing it, tera is in your ball-park.

part I highlighted is what many fans of the game seem to keep saying but is the sole reason I couldn't get myself to keep playing after the third beta weekend.. it just felt to much like doing the same thing over and over. Questing upto 24 never got more interesting than kill x of these or collect x of these. Killing BAM's is fun but after 20 or so of them it gets the same thing over and over feeling.. i dunno maybe I'm missing something because I really wanted to like this game but I found it getting so repatitive I had no interest to log in anymore...

I understand what your saying. Yes questing is repetitive, but its your Norm of MMO leveling.

The adventure part comes in from the combat, how the mobs react to you, and the general, open combat feeling makes it not the same shit over and over, because even when fighting the same mob, the general out come of a battle is never a copy cat, you can usally find yourself doing diffrent combo's and jumping out of the way at diffrent times.

My advice to you is, Maybe its your class? Im a Warrior, i get up in there, and im agile, so hence i see a lot of action.

This games class's are amazing, try some more out, but dont judge till you see it up in the Mid-20's

Keep playing around with the game, hopefully you'll find your spot in the game.

I understand what your saying. Yes questing is repetitive, but its your Norm of MMO leveling.

The adventure part comes in from the combat, how the mobs react to you, and the general, open combat feeling makes it not the same shit over and over, because even when fighting the same mob, the general out come of a battle is never a copy cat, you can usally find yourself doing diffrent combo's and jumping out of the way at diffrent times.

My advice to you is, Maybe its your class? Im a Warrior, i get up in there, and im agile, so hence i see a lot of action.

This games class's are amazing, try some more out, but dont judge till you see it up in the Mid-20's

Keep playing around with the game, hopefully you'll find your spot in the game.

I tried every class past the starter island and had warrior and sorc to level 24 in beta. Thing is it did feel like same thing over and over for combat you basically have a couple of go to abilities you chain over and over then you find the pattern of the enemies attack and just follow it since most enemies at least at the lower levels you can read so easily. BAMs are little more difficult especially since their attack radius is much larger but even they follow a pattern or have "tells" on which attack is coming. Overall it just got so boring and don't understand why people can say this is such revolutionary MMO combat.. For me I like to have a little variety with my questing and leveling up, i like games that the developers really tried to bring you into the game world which I don't get that feeling at all in TERA, graphics are great but its more or less a backdrop to really nothing going on.

Then again so many love online FPS games that you basically do nothing but same thing over and over for the most part.. maybe it's me getting up there in my gaming years but I expect little more from games nowadays to get me hooked for a good amount of time since I really don't have a ton of time nowadays and need to be picky on what I play.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

I tried every class past the starter island and had warrior and sorc to level 24 in beta. Thing is it did feel like same thing over and over for combat you basically have a couple of go to abilities you chain over and over then you find the pattern of the enemies attack and just follow it since most enemies at least at the lower levels you can read so easily. BAMs are little more difficult especially since their attack radius is much larger but even they follow a pattern or have "tells" on which attack is coming. 

I'm sorry, but what are you expecting? Monsters with multi-dimensional AI? Ofcourse an action combat system is going to use Monsters with pre-set attack patterns so that you can learn and avoid them.

Hi

Originally posted by Jayaris

I tried every class past the starter island and had warrior and sorc to level 24 in beta. Thing is it did feel like same thing over and over for combat you basically have a couple of go to abilities you chain over and over then you find the pattern of the enemies attack and just follow it since most enemies at least at the lower levels you can read so easily. BAMs are little more difficult especially since their attack radius is much larger but even they follow a pattern or have "tells" on which attack is coming. 

I'm sorry, but what are you expecting? Monsters with multi-dimensional AI? Ofcourse an action combat system is going to use Monsters with pre-set attack patterns so that you can learn and avoid them.

wasn't expecting anything my point was it gets really boring after fighting the same things over and over.. then move on to another zone and do it all over again.. if the questing was at least somehwat interesting or you had decent PVP to level from this would not be an issue but right now this game offers neither really..

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

Well the leveling in this game is quite "Rince and repeat" the overall game is a nice little feeling.

As i said before, the Vinillia WoW feeling. Its nice, i enjoy it, you cant expect the AI to be super advance, its still just a game, dont forget that. Its not like your guna find Any better combat in any other game. So far, Best combat for me personally, is Tera.

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

The only thing I wanted out of Tera is a month's play but I end up agreeing with the OP. 

I just turned 22 and the world is opening up, I'm getting a lot of interesting skills (priest) and it's just so ALIVE.  The sound in this game is amazing as is the music.  It took me a while to get used to this new way of combat and I wasn't sure I liked it at all when I started, but as I got more skills I'm beginning to see where they're going with this.

There are people everywhere.  It's beautiful.  Actually, it's spectacularly beautiful.  I dig how that mobs don't  leash at a short distance and if you're not careful, you'll have quite an entourage when you ride up to turn in your quests.

Crap, I can't play anymore tonight.  Maybe just a couple more quests.