Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game is the most player influenced?

Besides the "life" simulators which games are most affected by the players them sevles?

Also. Are there any mmo games that are politics or diplomacy based?

Comments

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

Face of Mankind is very affected by the players.

An example: People who are rank 4-7 (i think) are able to create missions. These missions can be attack this, guard that, mine whatever, or, in some cases, hump people. After the mission is concluded, players throughout the game can vote on how well it is carried out. Well, that's how it's supposed to be, but who wants to give funds to the enemy? Once the voting (called rating ingame IIRC, I'm taking a break) is complete, you recieve XX% of the alloted mission money. This money comes straight from the Faction's pockets.

There are a lot more examples, but it's better if you find them out for yourself. FOM is currently in open beta, btw. One thing you will not see in FOM is missions given out by NPCs. The closest thing to a traditional "quest" is the occasional event that the Storyline GMs set up.

Oh, FOM's combat system is real-time FPS. Might appeal to you, maybe not. But you can be a person who never seeks a fight. Well, it's always smart to carry a gun, since people do like to randomly kill people sometimes.

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

EVE Online, A Tale in the Desert are two.

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

"What game is the most player influenced?"

EVE-Online without a doubt, the playerbase are the game.

• mechwarriormechwarrior Member Posts: 241

I've noticed that most of the more player controlled mmo enviroments are really hard to start in.

And vice versa.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

I found it easy to start in EVE. It's pretty fun... I only just now stopped playing for The Chronicle.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• BabyJesusBabyJesus Member Posts: 33

EVE Online and Face of Mankind

• BabyJesusBabyJesus Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost
    I found it easy to start in EVE. It's pretty fun... I only just now stopped playing for The Chronicle.

How'd you get into Chronicle beta? I didn't see anything about it? Can you get me in?

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

I'd say that EVE is the most player influnced.

To name a coulpe others that havnt been mentioned yet: Puzzle Pirates and the end-game of L2.

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by BabyJesus

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

How'd you get into Chronicle beta? I didn't see anything about it? Can you get me in?

Actual closed beta testing hasn't really begun yet, but it's right around the corner. You can get in on it by preordering.