Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back need to pick a shard

KamizaKamiza Member Posts: 8

Right, thinking of coming back to uo, now i'm no stranger to UO i used to play on europa. However i want to find a new shard to start off again, NEW shard NEW begining.

so would anybody reccomend a good active shard, eg, good guilds good RP/PvP i've heard of the so called veteran shards, are they any good?

thanks for any help

Comments

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I play on chesepeake and I'm always seeing other ppl.  Not tons of ppl, like before but there are ppl there. 
  • Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390
    chessy used to be the greatest

gamertag - Swaffle House

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220

Shards

RP - Europa all the way best rp ever there :)

PvP - Euro again , lots of people , lots of champs to raid ;)

Vet shards = Siege Perliours and mungen

well they are both great in a way

theres no trammel
    no insurance

But the skillgain system SUCKS (RoT) its basicly
    you gain like on regular shards up 70 then you can only gain at certin times (cant expalin the RoT sorry)

• galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127

Hmm..Elune? Oh wait that is the real WoW not the WoW clone. Honestly good luck coming back now but more than likely you won't last because the game is NOTHING like it once was and the only people that really lasted aren't even happy with the game any longer. Its a great sense of death and decay as you see more and more people spam that they are selling their accounts and leaving the game.

• galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127

PvP = Europa? Hmm...PLEASE!!!

PvP in UO is all about Great Lakes. Great Lakes has defeated every other shard that has tried to match it and it is still going strong. There is an actual enemy (BC) and you actually have to team up with friends and make alliances (such as TDR and R*T) in order to come close to trying to fight that enemy and then you even still lose sometimes due to being outnumbered.

Great Lakes is the shard to go to if you like actually challenging PvP. Great Lakes also has a great PvM crowd.

• jaylijayli Member Posts: 15
    Im looking for a shared as well. I never palyed uo back in the days but any ways. What shared is good? wich one has descent amount of people? thanks
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Take a 15 day trial account.

Roleplay is pretty dead and most say still best on europa shard as even americans come to seek out the communtiy there.

For PvP i would pick another game, except you either wish to spend months hunting a few hours a day or spending a few hundred dollars for equippment.

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

West coast shards that are more heavily populated are

Baja, and Pacific

Mid-east coast shards that are heavily populated are

Lake Superior, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, even Catskills

but every shard I mentioned are veteran shards being that they are so populated they will have a lot of veteran players and more scammers and more....well your chances of running into more crud are just more likely to happen.