Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More greedy then ea, a bigger wow clone then tor

2»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

What is it with these freakin developers looking at teh MMORPG genre through WOW? No! Do NOT come up with your own ideas! Do not get creative! Do not be original, Just clone WoW since Blizzard already did all the work!

Isn't it so plainly obvious that gamers don't want another WoW? For WoW, they have....guess what? That's right, WoW!

If players wanted another WoW, Rift would have Subs in the millions.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Tranquilliti
    So much for "elder scrolls games are unique and special" and all this rubbish, I have been an elder scrolls fan since Morrowind but this is just ridiculous. Incase you haven't read the magazine scans (pm me) I will tell you all now this is an absolute peice of junk themepark, a bigger wow clone then SWTOR.  I was honestly hoping for a sandbox game, or atleast something special and unique. I was even joking with a few mates that this game could be a wow clone, but I never expected a wow clone with "Modern MMO improvements". It sounds like they stole guild wars 2 three side pvp, but instead of it being world vs world vs world it is faction vs faction vs faction. Also heroic instanced raids are mentioned, so this will be another end game raiding for gear trashbox. It's funny how I actually expected bethseda to do something unique and special, maybe make the Ultima online 2 (ultimate sandbox) the gaming world needs so badly, I should of known after skyrim all bethseda care about is money. It's now quite clear the last hope of a full loot decent sandbox is embersofcaerus, but hopefully Archeage (themepark game with sandbox elements) will educated more people about sandbox games enough for themeparks to atleast get player housing and some more customisation in the future. 

EDIT: I am not trolling, giving out the links will get me banned and my thread removed like everybody else who has done it. You will all read for yourselfs when Gameinformer comes out. 

PvP was not stolen from GW2 lol pls get you facs straight its lead designer from DAOC they hired.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• TrollsightedTrollsighted Member Posts: 6

Guys why don't we just boycott every mmo out there in response of the making TES a mmo. Also i'm going to go into my bunker because the sky is falling, send me a pm if you want to join me. Even tho we know so little about the product, i will make my full opinion about it. The minute i send this reply in i'm going to find a corridor to run through screaming.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What is it with these freakin developers looking at teh MMORPG genre through WOW? No! Do NOT come up with your own ideas! Do not get creative! Do not be original, Just clone WoW since Blizzard already did all the work!

Isn't it so plainly obvious that gamers don't want another WoW? For WoW, they have....guess what? That's right, WoW!

If players wanted another WoW, Rift would have Subs in the millions.

Why is it a WoW clone? Cause it's themepark style? it has quests? 

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Yamota

The creators of Skyrim, the ultimate single player sandbox RPG, are creating a ThemePark? Will this madness ever end?

Still confused, how is skyrim a sandbox game? i don't recall having any simulation features in the game.  It's an RPG.  Just sucks that they are slapping the name elder scroll on a game that more than likely began as something else. 

Originally posted by VassagoMael

Originally posted by Tranquilliti

So much for "elder scrolls games are unique and special" and all this rubbish, I have been an elder scrolls fan since Morrowind but this is just ridiculous. Incase you haven't read the magazine scans (pm me) I will tell you all now this is an absolute peice of junk themepark, a bigger wow clone then SWTOR.  I was honestly hoping for a sandbox game, or atleast something special and unique. I was even joking with a few mates that this game could be a wow clone, but I never expected a wow clone with "Modern MMO improvements". It sounds like they stole guild wars 2 three side pvp, but instead of it being world vs world vs world it is faction vs faction vs faction. Also heroic instanced raids are mentioned, so this will be another end game raiding for gear trashbox. It's funny how I actually expected bethseda to do something unique and special, maybe make the Ultima online 2 (ultimate sandbox) the gaming world needs so badly, I should of known after skyrim all bethseda care about is money. It's now quite clear the last hope of a full loot decent sandbox is embersofcaerus, but hopefully Archeage (themepark game with sandbox elements) will educated more people about sandbox games enough for themeparks to atleast get player housing and some more customisation in the future. 

EDIT: I am not trolling, giving out the links will get me banned and my thread removed like everybody else who has done it. You will all read for yourselfs when Gameinformer comes out. 

Wow you've been a fan since Morrowind! Crazy! That puts you in line with 90% of the people who play ES games! 

I'll reserve my initial judgement of the game for when it at least has a firm release date (same as GW2) and I suggest the rest of you do the same. However, I expect you to just keep flopping about like a speared fish on your keyboard so carry on.

Im a fan since arena, and not the guy who hearfd about it and bought it but the guy who, when it first came out saw it in a store and said ,wow this looks like a cool game similar to an old monochrome game i played.  

FIrst impressions are everything. Whreas i don't think it will be a horrible game, it just doesnt sound like elder scroll.  This is like Star wars first big press release announcing that they are focusing the game and game play on jar jar binks and the Gungan wars.  No jedi but you can design your own ear size and catch phrase. 

Originally posted by dontadow

The creators of Skyrim, the ultimate single player sandbox RPG, are creating a ThemePark? Will this madness ever end?

Still confused, how is skyrim a sandbox game? i don't recall having any simulation features in the game.  It's an RPG.  Just sucks that they are slapping the name elder scroll on a game that more than likely began as something else. 

I agree, How is Skyrim a sanbox?  You get one main storyline quest and then a million side quests. I don't think using TES IP was a great idea either, great concept, and setting, bad idea.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by Wolvards

When the OP said they took 3 faction PvP from GW2 i laughed a little. Maybe you should do some research bud, GW2 is about a decade behind on 3 faction PvP. And guess who first created it? OMG!?!?! The director of TESO, imagine that... He made it once, it worked, lets do it again. I kind of like the reference someone else posted on here though, keep flopping like a speared fish on you keyboard image Thats a good one.

Thing is their is no 3 faction pvp in elder scroll. Elder scroll doesnt have a scene where one adventure kills another adventure or random advenures attack you for no reson.

As a matter of fact, in skryim i can go into opposing factions terratory and shop and be 100 percent fine.  This is because pvp games see war like 12 year olds do.  i hate him, i attack him. And that's not how war is.  War is fought on battlefields not ganking people outside of citites.  

Skyrim is about choice.  If i choose to rob and steal and kill i have ocnsequences. But if i dont i can play the game like a normal rpg. This game does not seem remontly interested in offering layer hcoice. u are thrown into a silly 3 way pvp rape fest with adventuring an afterthought. 

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I assume I am the only person on the planet who thought Skyrim was a pile of crap.  A WoW clone version would only make it smell more.  FFA would make a lot more sense as opposed to 3 Faction, but whatever.  It might turn out to be a great game, we don't really know much about it at this point.  I would just caution getting hopes up, I foresee another TORtanic.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Awesome, I cant wait...I <3 wow clones

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

When the OP said they took 3 faction PvP from GW2 i laughed a little. Maybe you should do some research bud, GW2 is about a decade behind on 3 faction PvP. And guess who first created it? OMG!?!?! The director of TESO, imagine that... He made it once, it worked, lets do it again. I kind of like the reference someone else posted on here though, keep flopping like a speared fish on you keyboard image Thats a good one.

Thing is their is no 3 faction pvp in elder scroll. Elder scroll doesnt have a scene where one adventure kills another adventure or random advenures attack you for no reson.

As a matter of fact, in skryim i can go into opposing factions terratory and shop and be 100 percent fine.  This is because pvp games see war like 12 year olds do.  i hate him, i attack him. And that's not how war is.  War is fought on battlefields not ganking people outside of citites.  

Skyrim is about choice.  If i choose to rob and steal and kill i have ocnsequences. But if i dont i can play the game like a normal rpg. This game does not seem remontly interested in offering layer hcoice. u are thrown into a silly 3 way pvp rape fest with adventuring an afterthought. 

Trust me, i know about Skyrim :) Played my fair share in it and i know what TES stands for, my point being in that post was, they didn't get 3 faction PvP from GW2, Because GW2 got the idea from DaoC, and the co-dev of DAoC is Developing TESO, so saying they got the idea from GW2, and instead of WvWvW its faction vs faction vs faction is literally describing DAoC. See my point?

Trust me, i know about Skyrim :) Played my fair share in it and i know what TES stands for, my point being in that post was, they didn't get 3 faction PvP from GW2, Because GW2 got the idea from DaoC, and the co-dev of DAoC is Developing TESO, so saying they got the idea from GW2, and instead of WvWvW its faction vs faction vs faction is literally describing DAoC. See my point?

I"m not negating your point, and i've always said that DAOC is a fine game built around PVP, just not an mmorpg.  GW2 took an aspect of DAOC and implemented a new version in their game as one of their modes of gameplay.  I don't think anyone said that GW2 invented 3 faction game. Heck DAOC certainly didnt do it, the idea of a 3rd faction in a war game is fairly old. Games like Starcraft and an old, old RTS called the ARt of War (1990s game) had 3 factions way before DAOC ever did.  

I could care less about who invented, but it doesnt belong in an elder scroll game.  This feels like a game that they were devrelping and then got the license from Bethesda for the MMO and thought, hey we can slap it on here and replace the lore we already have.  

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

It is sandbox in the sense that it is an open ended world where you are free to roam around and do as you wish rather than follow a straight line, quest hub to quest hub. Granted there are not many buildable elements in the world but it is still very much open ended RPG, contrary to linear one's like Dragon Age Origins series.

• Blackwater56Blackwater56 Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by apocoluster

Awesome, I cant wait...I <3 wow clones

You are the cancer killing MMOs 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    How the hell is this a bigger wow clone than swtor? Please explain from the little info we have how this game is mire wow than swtor. Also if teso is a wow clone then so is gw2.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    TESO is a open world where you roam around and doesn't have quest hubs. They said that today "no quest hubs" and dungeons and stuff you just stumble upon and automatically get quests for.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

"sandbox sandbox sandbox, WoW clone! THEME PARK! WoW clone sand box, theme park sandbox WoW clone! LOL FAIL. F2P P2W SANDBOX WoW clone theme park. $OE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD WOW CLONE THEMEPARK SANDBOX!!!"

This is basically what most of the posts on this site look like to me.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    @fendel

You forgot EA, biodrone, Tortanic, care bear, innovation

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

you can't blame themt tho. Devs keep pumping out mmo's making tons from intial box sales and first few months then put it into maintenance mode and just milk whatever they can get. Ppl keep spending money on these games like starwars so gotta expect this.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Hurvart

When will they learn?

lol never it seems...

this industry is incredible... the vast majority of it is stunningly clueless and seemingly incapable of learning from the past example of others.

I expect the average Joe working on the game has a sinking feeling of dread though,  after seeing the TORtanic flounder and then looking at the model they have themselves adopted.

IMO, from what we have read so far, I sincerely hope Zenimax are thoroughly punished  for yet anither clone game with average visuals and a stunning lack of ambition and imagination in their gameplay.

Neverwinter looks more attractive then this right, and that's Cryptic for lords sake... Would you fancy going toe to toe with Archeage with their feature list if this was your game? I wouldn't...

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Originally posted by busdriver

Originally posted by Loke666

They did not steal GW2s PvP, the lead designer of this game is one of the guys who invented the system for DaoC.

That's actually the only positive thing going for this game.

Don't forget WAR. xD

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

When i first saw that ESO was officially announced i expected to walk in and see a beautiful sandbox or sandpark game. What I got was a somewhat WoW clone. Yes SO far ESO does some stuff differently but it looks like a cross between rift and wow (graphically). They need to remove all instances, have full pvp loot for FFA servers, Player housing anywhere in the world. If i wanna make a home in a cave i cleared out i should be able to. Honestly remove any link between ES and i would be fine with it. But calling this a ES game is a slap in the face to Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. My last hope for a decent, sandbox is Life is Feudal, and Archeage.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

When I first saw the annoncement this was exactly what I expected... Unfortunately... and all I could think were "Awww... Sh*t.".

I'm usually very open to games, from SW:TOR, to Fallen Earth, to Darkfall I believe in giving games a chance and taking them for what they are. Problem with TESO is that it's Nothing like TES from what I can see.. It feels rather like an abomination that anything else.

I look at the screens and find myself thinking: "They're gonna make my beloved Skyrim into That!?"

Unless they totally change direction, I really think this game will flop badly. They obviously haven't understood what the TES audience want or even who the TES audience is...... In my humble opinion, of course.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

I mean after the flop of Swtor (IMO) if any dev makes any sort of game resembling a wow clone. They are comitting financial suicide. It honestly boggles my mind who they keep doing this. Atleast we are headed in the right direction with games like TERA, GW2, AA, and many indie mmos.

P.s. I would like to thank the OP for showing me Embers of Caerus. Looks awesome.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation