Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i don't like what i read so far ...

krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

fully voice over ... reminds me of of something i really don't like (i don't wan't to bash it here and its fine if you like it )

art style similar like rift. the art style is absolut ok for rift but for eso really  ??

really don't like what i read so far about eso,  but  i am open to conviction

hoping for the best while expecting the worst describes my feelings best.

discussion ...

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Don't jump to conclusions. To be honest, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait till we get more info to draw any valid critisism.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Thanks, we were all wondering what you thought, now our minds are put to rest. Krakken is skeptical.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by Kuppa

Don't jump to conclusions. To be honest, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait till we get more info to draw any valid critisism.

no conclusions yet   ... but a bad, sceptical feeling.

i hope the development is not progressed too far & the devs can still change fundamental decisions and maybe learn from some of the recent  big budget releases.

Hope dies last as you maybe know

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Kuppa

but Daaadddyy  i want to make my hate threads now

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

1 question from me. This game gonna come out at end of 2013? Which means 1 and a half year developement (and maybe 1 more year before?).

I am just waiting to see what will happens. I just wanna say that we ll not give time to any game that is flagged as new.

They have as much time as they want to finish it but i wont play an unfinished game again.

This ofcourse going to any game out there not only to ESO.

I also keep an eye at Game of Thrones MMO. Season 2 just started and they announced MMO. So MMO in 1 year?? How much effort is this gonna has...

Anyways we gonna see. I just wish good luck to any game out there but i dont forget that it has to respect its customers.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Thanks, we were all wondering what you thought, now our minds are put to rest. Krakken is skeptical.

Yeah, the nerve of him, thinking this is a public forum.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by arji

1 question from me. This game gonna come out at end of 2013? Which means 1 and a half year developement (and maybe 1 more year before?).

There was a big hiring push for this project a while back.  I think it's more like two years ago now, but that's only from memory.  I don't know the dates.

That could imply the total project time to release at about 3 1/2 years which could be sufficient with a large team.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

There was a big hiring push for this project a while back.  I think it's more like two years ago now, but that's only from memory.  I don't know the dates.

That could imply the total project time to release at about 3 1/2 years which could be sufficient with a large team.

i read something about a team with 250 poeple. i think this is a lot.

my concerns about things like fully voice overs is not the voice over a such but to burn a lot of money with this feature in place of interesting & complex quests, a huge open world and other things that are important to me.

i respect other opinions and poeple who like voice overs  but thats how i see it.

Anyways we gonna see. I just wish good luck to any game out there but i dont forget that it has to respect its customers.

i second that

image with my friday beer ...

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

I am getting tired from full voice over games at some point. I hope at least they have an option to skip them.

Buts thats only me. I know ppl that enjoy it. I guess the golden line is something between voice over and not.

I just aggree that if you want to invest money, better invest them into gameplay and new things. Voice over might be cool at the start but not later, gameplay defines the game for me.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Skyrim uses Gamebryo engine right? So did Rift which is why they look so similar.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by Puremallace

Skyrim uses Gamebryo engine right? So did Rift which is why they look so similar.

Skyrim uses Creation Engine, and TESO Hero Engine

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by dronfwar

Skyrim does, in fact, use gamebryo.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

I just aggree that if you want to invest money, better invest them into gameplay and new things. Voice over might be cool at the start but not later, gameplay defines the game for me.

exactly!

nice to have (skip  feature is a must anyway) but other things are much more important

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Wrong.

"Skyrim is powered by Bethesda's own Creation Engine, a new engine created prior to Skyrim's release"

Taken from -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Wrong.

"Skyrim is powered by Bethesda's own Creation Engine, a new engine created prior to Skyrim's release"

Interesting. I wonder why the gamebyro wiki states that it was used for Skyrim?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

not sure about that

there is a article on pcgames.de (german)  where it sounds like the similar rift art style is wanted (not sure if this the right word).

so i don't think it depends on the engine.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Wrong.

Interesting. I wonder why the gamebyro wiki states that it was used for Skyrim?

According to what Ive found, the Gamebryo Engine was used on Oblivion, but the Creation Engine was made just for Skyrim

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)