Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What profession will you play?

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I played Elementalist, Necromancer, Thief and Guardian during BWE1 and I'd rank them in that order for my personal taste, after what testing I could do with them.

I settled on Elementalist as my main and reached level 20 by the end of the event.

If I was unable to participate in any other events and found my schedule only opening up the night before headstart, I would make an Elementalist as my main. However, I really liked the Necromancer to level 12 and also want to give the other four professions I haven't tried yet a spin.

If I feel as good about Necro by level 20 as I did about Elementalist, I might go that route, but Elementalists was just plain fun and had a high level of complexity to play to it's fullest, which I really enjoyed.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Whenever I get around to playing GW2 I almost certainly will start with a Charr warrior or hunter.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Never played GW1, obviously also not played GW2.

So going purely off what it says on paper and knowing it could change.

1. Engineer   2. Guardian

They sound defensive, support, help control the battlefield and tide of things, so would fit for me if so.

Oh and for race most likely Human, maybe Norn.

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Hmm, wonder how similar your poll will be compared to the one I did right before the beta weekend.

Oh and you labeled "Ranger" wrong...its not Hunter as that would be from a another game.

I will be playing Ranger, followed by Elementalist, and who knows after that :)

What's Your Profession?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I tried thief, warrior, ele, but i didn't choose yet. All class are good, but i didn't quiet fall in love for any of them. If i had to choose between those 3 now, that would be very hard to me. Probably thief because they just look so good to me.

I'll try the weirdo class now mesmer/necro/engineer next. I'll keep ranger for later, because i found their pets so annoying, i don't want to put one more in the game lol. But honestly a week end is a bit short for me to give me a proper idea, i'm a bit slow with those stuff, and i kind of like when a class light a sparkle in me. So i'll just keep looking for now. I'm very interesting in the mesmer now.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

theres no necro love......somehow that statement seems wrong

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

i will play with a Necromancer, just love the class. element was very fun to, but i prefer the dark style xD

i try thief too but i end the gameplay,melee isnt my style and didnt like how skills depend on rechargable bar. need to try others profession my i doubt i will trade my necro xD

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja Member UncommonPosts: 53

I was going to play an Engineer or Thief first (undecided race)  but according to this poll, they are among the most popular. I would rather play something less common. I loved the Ranger (Hunter??) and Necro in GW1, so I might go with one of those to start now.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

All of them.

But the main char I had in mind for a couple of years now is Sylvari Elementalist so I'll stick to that.

Then probably I'll roll alts in this order (I won't play my main to lvl cap first, I'll play whichever I'm in the mood for but I allready know which classes I like best. Although I play all classes I stil have a main on which I'm a completionist): Engineer, Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, Necromancer, Warrior.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

I went in the beta with one goal: decide which one will be my main, necro or ele.

Didn't quite work out.

Now my main will be either necro, ele, ranger or warrior. I've not tried guardian, engineer, thief or mesmer yet, and I'm afraid of what happens regarding my choice of main character if I do...

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Hunter4sure

Uhh... what?

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!!!!

BOOYAKA!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Guardian more than likely.

Testing new Thief buid next BWE.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I'm going to play a hammer mace/shield guardian, make a PvP video and show MMOExposed how amazing they are.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Main will be a sylvari guardian.

Alts for now a norn mesmer (norn because I think a big hulking fat norn can look funny with the fancy clothes mesmer seem to like) and an asuran warrior (I want to play the little guy with the huge sword.. and not in that way you're thinking, get your mind off the gutters!!! :) )

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Whatever is the most OP of coarse. JK, idk, have to play the game first. Looks like I won't get to until they release a trial.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Going to be playing a Charr Ranger to start with and probably as my main

Will also be playing a Human Necro, and a Norn Warrior too

Everyone seems excited about Sylvari and Asura, but they dont interest me really...... i may try an Asura Engineer though

(WTF is a Hunter?)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I thought I knew, but not anymore.  I want to play them all.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Most definitely a thief.  I will be playing with dual pistols and switch to dual knives for the up & close personal touch. 

Will probably make him Asura to make him as inconspicous as possible.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I expect the eles to drop in % later after people understand the power of being able to switch sets (which eles and engis cannot do)

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

the more I look at the triats the more I think I will be playing a necro or maybe a thief.......first, who am I kidding I am gonna have characteritus for a while

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Thief!!!!!!!!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Thief...more specifically Pistol, dagger & dagger, dagger.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Finally a poll that shows pretty much the same class distribution I noticed in the BWE.

Need more Rangers though, besides that I noticed Engineers and Guardians seemed to be the least represented.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

engy to start. Guns! I dont really like fantasy, but GW1 was too good of a game to skip. 

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga