Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO Feature Episode Reruns

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Every week doring  the month of May, they'll be offering the special original rewards for doing entire feature episodes again.  So, if you missed it the first time around, now's your chance.

They started today with the Devidian series.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3132

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

NEW Featured Series with NEW special rewards would be far preferable than re-hashing these same handful of missions over and over again.  How many times can one run the same content before it becomes stale and boring?

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by ShardWarrior

NEW Featured Series with NEW special rewards would be far preferable than re-hashing these same handful of missions over and over again.  How many times can one run the same content before it becomes stale and boring?

Enough times to fill bank slots/npc's/etc.. with crap , so you have to buy more spaces.

• C_CarmichaelC_Carmichael Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Originally posted by ShardWarrior

Enough times to fill bank slots/npc's/etc.. with crap , so you have to buy more spaces.

Cryptic Studios....a subsidiary of Buy -n- Large Inc!

;)

(That was a WALL-E reference for those of you without kids...)

In all seriousness, I can't help but think of the planet Earth in WALL-E when I think about the C-Store. Tons, upon tons, upon more tons of useless crap shoveled out in front of the playerbase to buy, just like Buy -n- Large. I don't understand how people that play STO, don't get sick of the non-stop C-Store fluff? Heck, nowdays there are people on the boards complaining about wanting MORE starship slots, because of so many C-Store ships. What are you going to do with 20 different ships?

The C-Store makes me think of someone on a steady diet, 3 meals a day, of nothing but cotton candy and Peeps. Eventually, you'll get unbelievably sick.

Originally posted by C_Carmichael

What are you going to do with 20 different ships?

The same thing Cryptic wants you to do every night Pinky ... spend real cash to buy more ship slots in the C-Store! image

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Not content. No thx
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I love how STO drops $10-$20 a day in lock boxes that have zero value unless you buy the keys on the C-store.

Do they really expect people to spend that much money to open those boxes?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by udon
    I love how STO drops $10-$20 a day in lock boxes that have zero value unless you buy the keys on the C-store.

I would say they do. They made it perfectly clear that the lock boxes will continue. Apparently Cryptic makes their money on "the 10 percent" of players that drop money on the boxes.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Cacaphony

Originally posted by udon

I would say they do. They made it perfectly clear that the lock boxes will continue. Apparently Cryptic makes their money on "the 10 percent" of players that drop money on the boxes.

I'm sure your right although for some reason they really turned me off to the game when I tried it a few days ago even though I really have no desire to pay for keys for a chance at a good drop.  The funny thing is at least for me if they made the boxes fairly rare and removed all the junk from them I bet a larger number of people would spend money on them and they would have some value on the auction house.  As it stands unless you want something specific (like a ship) out of them and are willing to pay whatever it costs in keys to beat the RNG they are worthless.  Supply is a non issue since there is a abundance of them on the market for 1 EC each.  

Originally posted by Cacaphony

For now they do. The rate Cryptic is going, they are going to reach a saturation point where even those 10% will start seeing the C-Store for what it is and stop spending. 

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Such interesting content....

This game hasn't really been a MMO ever in its life, it's even less every day that goes by.

Basically it's Accessories Online and it sure as hell will clean your wallet, if you fall for it.

I fell to downloading it after F2P (spent no money) and it's just getting more dreadful all the time. Truly a PW game.

My opinion: STAY AWAY!