Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to L2, few noob questions.

skiziskizi Member Posts: 120

Hey,

I was thinking of getting the game after playing WoW for 6 months and was wondering a few things:

-Should I go out and buy the game or DL it from there site?

-I heard that if u get killed by anything u have a chance to drop an item. Is this true or is it just for PvP?

-Any other noobs thinking about getting the game. It would be fun to have some ppl to grind with.

sry if these questions were asked b4

thx

~Skizi

Waiting for:
AoC // WAR // Darkfall

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Hiya,

Basically you're just like me, I played WoW for about 6 months too.

1) First look for a copy of the Collectors edition if you have a DVD player, it runs about 20 bucks. Downloading from the site is great but to buy a CD key its 50 bucks (!!!!) so only use the download version later when and if you lose your original game (like I did)

2) You do have a chance to drop an item but it is VERY rare unless you are red. If you have bad karma from killing people you have a higher chance to drop something when you die. Dropping something from normal deaths is very rare indeed, but it may happen but i adds some excitement and you really don't wanna die as you lose exp.

Only get Lineage 2 if you don't mind a bit of a grind in the first 20 levels, and even more of a grind later. I just returned to Lineage 2 and I love it, they have worked so hard on it. It rocks for me.image

• EsorllehEsorlleh Member Posts: 129

1. You can go ahead and download but I suggest purchasing a box from a nearby store for the cd-key. It's a lot cheaper that way.

2. Yes you do have a slight chance of dropping an item if you die to a mob. It happens rarely but it does happen and it sucks.
     For pvp, you will only drop an item if you're red (you turn red if you kill a character that doesn't attack back).
    Best thing to do if you've dropped your item dying to a mob is to wait around until someone comes by to pick it up. Hopefully the person that's picked it up is nice enough to give it back or atleast sell it back to you for a cheap price.

3. Definitely roll on Bartz or Teon if you want to meet other new players to play with.

Good luck. ^.^

MMO Fav List:
    Lineage 2 | 5x Silver Ranger, 7x Shillien Elder <- Active
    WoW | 6x Rogue, 1x Priest
    Anarchy Online | 8x MetaPhysicist
    Saga of Ryzom | Matis Light Armourer

Waiting for: Age of Conan, Lineage 3

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

Chronicle 3 is so much nicer with dropped itmes. C2 was brutal. I would drop one or two items almost every time I'd die. And reds would exlpode like piniatas when they'd die, items would fly everywhere, what a sight.

A word of advice: Keep your inventory nearly full at all times. You get 80 slots to work with, and I had 50+ filled at any given time. When you die, and your gonna drop, its a random roll through your inventory. More crap to drop means less chance of dropping something you care about. Still didnt keep me from dropping expensive stuff on occasion, but thems the breaks ::::31::

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by spookytooth

A word of advice: Keep your inventory nearly full at all times.

Awesome advice. It's random what you drop, and better to drop a world map or scroll of escape than your nice new sword or armor. Keep your inventory half filled with cheap crap that you find, best advice for keeping your goods.

EDIT: spelling