Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs Are Pushing Their Luck Now

FotSFotS Member Posts: 12

The whole "we're gonna hide all information from you" was a good ploy. But now it is getting old.

People have run out of things to talk about, information to read, and screenshots to look at. If they keepup this trend they will lose the huge following around this game. Even the next two weeks could be detrimental to the games future. Why? Because if no new information comes out soon people will stop caring. They will move on. You can only try people's patience so much before they just move on.

Comments

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

First I have to admit that I have not been following the game. That's not to say that I think the game is bad, I just haven't been.

Information black outs are common with games. The team goes into a "crunch mode" as they work to complete as much of the game as possible. Often to the detriment of their own families, if the scrolling credits of many games are to be believed (and there's certainly no reason no to believe them).

Perhaps that the situation here?

It's just a thought. Again, I haven't been following it so I really don't know but I wanted to throw the idea out there.

~Mysk

• FotSFotS Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Mysk
    First I have to admit that I have not been following the game. That's not to say that I think the game is bad, I just haven't been.Information black outs are common with games. The team goes into a "crunch mode" as they work to complete as much of the game as possible. Often to the detriment of their own families, if the scrolling credits of many games are to be believed (and there's certainly no reason no to believe them).Perhaps that the situation here?It's just a thought. Again, I haven't been following it so I really don't know but I wanted to throw the idea out there.~Mysk

Actually, that is a good point.

unforunately, there hasn't ever been any information, now or ever. But it is a good explanation other than "They want to build the suspense"

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    It's the normal vacation time in France coming starting this month. I've heard that Vuuar, the only person who can tell us the promised secrets, is going on vacation, so we'll have to wait until his return. If there has been no new info by the end of this month / start of September, then I'm going to start worrying.

Nemo sine vitio est

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by Wotann
    It's the normal vacation time in France coming starting this month. I've heard that Vuuar, the only person who can tell us the promised secrets, is going on vacation, so we'll have to wait until his return. If there has been no new info by the end of this month / start of September, then I'm going to start worrying.

It must be nice to be French, where I work if a project was overdue there would be no vacation until it was finished. At this point though I fully expect the date will get pushed back again though.

I miss DAoC

• DodooDodoo Member Posts: 78

That whole Dark and Light PR thing really starts to get embarrassing.

It does not smell good at all IMO...

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by Dodoo
    That whole Dark and Light PR thing really starts to get embarrassing.
    It does not smell good at all IMO...

It's better than Darkfall's "PR" though, both seems to be great games.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• AranisAranis Member Posts: 4
    Supposedly something big is coming at the end of August or early September, but I still think it'll have to be pretty big if they still want us to believe the game is going to be released in November.
  • WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    The first info updates are coming out labeled 'hot news' at the official website.

Nemo sine vitio est

• JadalJadal Member Posts: 134

For some, you better hope it gets pushed back. 'Cause crow does not taste good! ::::01::::::01::::::01::

• somenameheresomenamehere Member Posts: 11
    If they told you every little thing it would destroy the sense you get when you play like omg you can do that no way thats so cool i didnt know that,  instead of ya i read you can do that.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by somenamehere
    If they told you every little thing it would destroy the sense you get when you play like omg you can do that no way thats so cool i didnt know that,  instead of ya i read you can do that.

Yeh I agree that info on stuff like character classes and skills and stuff would really ruin the surprise would't it? Not to mention having screenshots with anything in them other than scenery.

I miss DAoC

• BestiusBestius Member Posts: 52

There shouldnt be a rush to games, they rushed World of Warcraft and it didnt last long. Lack of content, class imbalance, and character customization tore it apart because it rushed itself. I say let them take their time and keep a keen eye checking in on them once in a while. Hope they wont ditch the project. Maybe they are just in a "Make game faster now, update followers later.." state that most game designers get in at one point. If you are bored just make a habit of looking around at all the incoming MMORPGS that catch your eye. Its a great pastime for me ::::39::. Anyway, like the guy above me said, talking about all the classes and everything would ruin suprises.

Im not anti social, im just pro solitude!

• DevoraanDevoraan Member Posts: 23

as much as it would ruin the surprise, i still think they should put stuff up about strengths and weaknesses of classes and races, more movies you know? there arent any screens about dwarves beatin stuff sensless, or archers havin a beer... i just hope this doesnt turn out like SWG or WoW...

--Maybe i am crazy, or maybe im just optimistic, betcha didnt think of that, didyea?--image

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by FotS

The whole "we're gonna hide all information from you" was a good ploy. But now it is getting old.
    People have run out of things to talk about, information to read, and screenshots to look at. If they keepup this trend they will lose the huge following around this game. Even the next two weeks could be detrimental to the games future. Why? Because if no new information comes out soon people will stop caring. They will move on. You can only try people's patience so much before they just move on.

Nowadays things are done much differently than 10 years ago. Why? Because of the internet, and sites like this. Why do we need to know all this freakin' information before a game is released anyways?

It used to be you would hear a game was coming out, then it would come out and THEN we would judge it. Now we hear a game is coming out and all the little nerdballs get into a frenzy over it and want basically every scrap of info and every screenshot and every key aspect of gameplay and THEN you judge it (I say you because I don't do this) BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT! Then the game comes out and bunch of ASSES say "See, I told you so!" even if they don't try it. They just rely on what they hear about the freakin game from other nerdballs like themselves! Who probably didn't even try it but they sound like they did because of sites like this!

Guess what? Wait till the game comes out and TRY IT YOURSELF! ARGH!!

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by anarchyart

Nowadays things are done much differently than 10 years ago. Why? Because of the internet, and sites like this. Why do we need to know all this freakin' information before a game is released anyways?

It used to be you would hear a game was coming out, then it would come out and THEN we would judge it. Now we hear a game is coming out and all the little nerdballs get into a frenzy over it and want basically every scrap of info and every screenshot and every key aspect of gameplay and THEN you judge it (I say you because I don't do this) BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT! Then the game comes out and bunch of ASSES say "See, I told you so!" even if they don't try it. They just rely on what they hear about the freakin game from other nerdballs like themselves! Who probably didn't even try it but they sound like they did because of sites like this!

Guess what? Wait till the game comes out and TRY IT YOURSELF! ARGH!!

You just can't stand to hear anyone be critical of anything, can you? You jump from board to board, looking for anyone who isn't laying out a gushing fanboy outlook to a game, and attack them for it.

If you hadn't noticed (and this has happened more than once with you), there was no flaming, namecalling or other hostility going on in this thread until you decided to pop in, calling people such mature names as 'nerdballs' and 'asses'. It was simply a dicussion beteween those who think the game is heading in a good direction, and those that do not.

You need to learn that not all criticism is flaming. Personally I think this place would be boring if every post consised of OMG THIS GAME IZ GONNA ROXXXX!!!! GRAFIXXX!!!!

• gophersnake1gophersnake1 Member Posts: 4
    someone said that WoW turned out bad, I thought it had the highest rating of any other mmo, how can you say that it turned out bad, I would be happy if this game turned out even alittle better than WoW.
  • DevoraanDevoraan Member Posts: 23

I said WoW turned out bad, but now that i think about it more carefully, it was ok, but it lacked alot of content. I was just hopin it wouldnt happen to DnL, thats all.

--Maybe im crazy, or maybe im just optimistic, betcha didnt think of dat didyea??--image

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

I agree 100% on this. I completely lost my interest after May. I had looked so forward to it, and then a flop. So yeah, make a movie or something, give us more that journal writings. Actually prove there are players, show us screenies of a huge group of players, take off the NDA, SOMETHING!!!